This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own. I may earn money if purchases are made through links (at no additional cost to you) which helps support this site and keep the content free.
Struggling to lose weight on a low carb diet? An egg fast diet plan may help. Here’s 30 egg fast recipes to kick in ketosis quickly to initiate weight loss.
Like many of you, I’ve been following the low carb way of life for a long time. However, I still struggle with my weight. I believe a lot of it could be due to an imbalance of hormones. We all know our hormones get out of whack as we age. Well, I’m in my mid-40s now and it seems to be a constant struggle to keep weight off.
I really need to back off of the low carb sweets. They are fine once in a while, but it seems the recipe boards get flooded with them. I believe that in order to be successful on any diet long term, sweets need to only be consumed in moderation. Although insulin isn’t affected by low carb sweeteners, the appetite-regulating hormones leptin and ghrelin are likely affected when you eat sweets. An imbalance of the hunger hormones can often lead to overeating. Find out more about leptin and ghrelin here.
It never seems to fail. Every winter, I seem to gain a few pounds. I’m not a fan of the cold and I become very inactive indoors. So, every spring, I go on a mission to lose those extra pounds. Last year, I discovered a great method to kick start my weight loss. It’s known as the Egg Fast diet plan.
LOW CARB TIPS and TRICKS
Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Low Carb Tips and Tricks which includes 20 easy to prepare recipes. Plus, get access to the weekly newsletter and special offers only for subscribers!
The Egg Fast Diet Plan
What is an egg fast? It became popular after Jimmy Moore of Livin La Vida Low Carb lost 27 pounds on a month long egg fast diet plan. He followed these 10 rules:
1. Must eat eggs as the primary source of fat and protein.
2. 1 tablespoon of butter (or other fat source) used per egg consumed.
3. I must eat an egg no later than 30 minutes after waking.
4. The egg meals ideally should be eaten every 3 hours, but not more than every 5 hours.
5. I will follow this schedule even if I’m not hungry (I’ll have 1 egg when that happens).
6. Cheese will be permitted up to one ounce per egg.
7. A minimum of a half-dozen eggs must be consumed daily.
8. The eggs will be local pastured eggs loaded with healthy omega-3 fats and Vitamin D.
9. Egg consumption will cease three hours before bedtime.
10. Diet soda will be allowed up to 3 cans daily with a goal of 1 or less.
- Hold off eating for at least 3 hours after waking up. (I take a thyroid pill as soon as I wake up which is most effective if I wait at least an hour before eating. And, I’ve had success with intermittent fasting. So, I prefer waiting several hours before having breakfast.)
- Eat 3 meals a day. Each meal should consist of a minimum 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons fat (butter, coconut oil, avocado mayo, olive oil, MCT oil, etc.).
- An optional 1 ounce of full fat cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, Parmesan, cream cheese, Monterrey, etc.) can be eaten with each egg, up to 6 ounces of cheese per day.
- If hungry between meals, eat one egg with a tablespoon of fat as a snack.
- Don’t go more than 5 hours between meals.
- Stop eating at least 3 hours before bedtime.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water each day, preferably more.
- Take adequate magnesium, sodium, and potassium.
- Refrain from using sugar alcohols. (concentrated stevia and monk fruit are what I use)
- Seasonings should be limited to less than 1 gram of carb per serving.
This may sound really restricting and boring because you have to eat eggs all day. But, it’s not as difficult as it appears. There are so many things you can make with eggs, fat, and cheese. It’s not limited to fried eggs, omelettes, and quiche. A lot of people have had success losing weight fast by following an egg fast diet plan.
Egg Fast Diet Plan Friendly Recipes
To help you get going on an egg fast diet plan, I’ve put together this list of 30 egg fast friendly low carb recipes. You may need to adjust a few of them to get the whole egg in. For example, if you are eating the meringue cookies, you might want to eat them with a yolk only egg fast frozen custard.
If you have any questions on the egg fast diet plan, please ask in the comments section of this post. For more help, I recommend joining an egg fast specific Facebook group. I’m a member of several groups. This group, Egg Fast – Stall = Breaker (Diet), is my favorite.