These cinnamon keto waffles are a delicious way to enjoy your keto-friendly breakfast. They are light, fluffy, and filled with flavorful cinnamon that warms you up from the inside.
There's a great way of satisfying your waffle cravings without being too carb-heavy. So delicious, no one would ever guess they were keto-friendly!
These low-carb waffles are an amazingly easy breakfast that can be made before you head off to work. So, make a batch of these tasty cinnamon keto waffles to get your day started off on the right foot.
Ingredients Needed For Cinnamon Keto Waffles
These cinnamon keto waffles are much like any other kind of keto waffles. They are simple to make and can be ready to eat in under an hour. All you need is five simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Here's what you need:
Heavy cream is keto-friendly and allows for the waffle batter to have some fluff to your waffles.
Doesn't butter just make everything better? I prefer using unsalted butter for these cinnamon keto waffles.
This ingredient is the essence of this keto waffles recipe and is super low-carb. Don't skip it!
Keto Pancake Mix
The foundation of the recipe, this pancake mix, will keep the process short and your waffles low-carb.
You can use any low-carb sweetener that you enjoy. Check out this post packed full of options for keto sweeteners. Maybe you'll find your favorite!
Please Note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low-carb recipe.
- Don't overmix! When you are mixing your ingredients, be mindful of overmixing. Mixing too vigorously or too much will result in chewy waffles.
- Fully cook before opening waffle iron. Try to avoid opening your waffle maker until it shows that it is done. If you lift the lid too early, you could risk ripping the waffle in half. When the steam slows or stops is usually a good indication that's it's cooked.
- Make extra to freeze. You may not need as many waffles as you could make, but don't waste the batter. You can always save those extra waffles for later in the week or freeze them.
- Use the oven to reheat. If you want everyone to sit down together as a family to eat, try putting the waffles in the oven. Have the oven just heated up and turn it off before putting the waffles inside. This will keep them warm but not continue to cook them.
- Make cleanup easier. Clean the waffle maker immediately after you are done using - they are notoriously hard to keep clean! The best way to keep them nice and sanitary is to clean them immediately before everything really gets stuck. A dish brush also works well for getting all those crevices!
How To Make Keto Cinnamon Waffles
Making these tasty cinnamon keto waffles is as simple as making any other kind of waffle recipe. Only these are entirely keto-friendly and low in carbs!
For the full list of instructions, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1. Heat Up Waffle Maker
Before you begin anything else, plug in your waffle maker and start heating it up. This way, it will be nice and hot when your waffle batter is ready to go inside.
2. Make Waffle Mix
Carefully mix together all of your waffle ingredients, making sure to not overmix everything. The best way to do this is to add parts of the dry ingredients to parts of the wet ingredients. Add in sections until everything is combined.
3. Pour Batter To Make Waffles
Once your waffle batter is made and the waffle maker has heated up completely, you can pour in your first waffle.
Tip: Have a plate nearby to put the cooked waffles onto, and make sure not to leave the waffle maker. It is too easy to forget about it and burn your waffles.
What To Serve With Low-Carb Waffles
These waffles can easily be dressed up or down with your favorite kinds of keto-friendly toppings, like these sugar-free chocolate chips from ChocZero.
Frequently Asked Questions About Homemade Cinnamon Waffles
Before we get to the recipe card, here are some questions people often ask about keto waffles.
What’s the difference between waffles and chaffles?
While waffles are typically made with ingredients like flour, baking powder, and eggs, chaffles are made with eggs and cheese, which creates a savory and crunchy waffle.
If you want to try making chaffles for yourself, you can try my recipe for keto chaffles! You can even add sweetener and cinnamon.
Is cinnamon considered a keto-friendly spice?
Cinnamon is a very keto-friendly spice because it helps to lower the blood sugar level while containing less than a gram of net carbs per teaspoon. It is a great spice to use in your sweet keto recipes.
Can I freeze these keto waffles?
You definitely can freeze this waffle recipe for later!
Make sure to completely seal the cooked waffles in an airtight bag or container, and they will last up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat them, allow them to thaw and heat them up before eating. You can also microwave them right from frozen.
How long will keto waffles last in the fridge?
If stored in an airtight container, waffles should last in the fridge for 2-3 days. If they feel kind of stiff and dry, try warming them up in the microwave for a few seconds. Or, you could briefly toast them in the toaster.
These low-carb waffles are the perfect treat to enjoy on a lazy Sunday morning or when you are craving sweet breakfast food. They are just as sweet and fluffy as any waffle recipe and will leave you feeling full and ready to start your day.
Not to mention the tasty addition of flavorful cinnamon, which makes these waffles just a bit more special than others!
Other Breakfast Recipes to Try
If you enjoyed these cinnamon keto waffles, here are some more breakfasts you should try next. They are just as filling!
- Keto Almond Flour Waffles are delicious waffles that you can still enjoy on a low-carb or keto diet.
- Paleo Coconut Flour Waffles have a nice fluffy texture with a slight coconut flavor.
- Easy Keto Rye Bread Chaffles are savory and cheesy chaffles that can be enjoyed for breakfast or any other meal.
- Almond Flour Keto Pumpkin Pancakes are delicious and festive - the perfect morning breakfast treat to start the day with!
- Keto French Toast Slices or Sticks are easy to eat on the go or for a slow Sunday breakfast brunch.
Keto Cinnamon Waffles With Pancake Mix
- While your mini waffle maker heats up, mix all of your ingredients together into a large bowl.
- Spray the waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray to ensure the batter doesn’t stick.
- Using a ⅓ C place batter on mini waffle maker and close the lid.
- Allow to cook for about 90 seconds or until lightly browned on top.
- Repeat the process until all the batter is used.
- I was able to make 4 mini waffles in total.
- Serve with Homemade Whipped Cream or your favorite sugar free syrup and fresh fruit.
Array ( [calories] => 217 [carbohydrates] => 8 [protein] => 4 [fat] => 19 [saturated_fat] => 12 [polyunsaturated_fat] => 1 [monounsaturated_fat] => 5 [trans_fat] => 1 [cholesterol] => 89 [sodium] => 87 [potassium] => 38 [fiber] => 4 [sugar] => 2 [vitamin_a] => 579 [vitamin_c] => 1 [calcium] => 77 [iron] => 1 )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.