The texture of these low carb coconut flour cupcakes is nice and airy. Top with a sweet sugar-free buttercream frosting and a sprinkling of coconut.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join the Low Carb Yum email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Unfortunately, I’m still on an abnormal work schedule and miss my long weekends. I’ve been working so much, I can’t believe the holiday season is already here.
I made a quick stop at the mall today after work. It was a taste of reality to see all the holiday decorations as well as Santa at his photo spot.
Usually, I have at least half my holiday gift shopping already done by now. I like buying as many gifts as possible before the Thanksgiving rush.
Last minute shopping is also something that I dislike doing so I’m hoping to get most of that done this week. I also need to go through my holiday decorations and start dressing up the house.
Coconut flour is one of my favorite low carb baking ingredients. I have not yet baked a cake with it as the recipes I’ve seen call for tons of eggs.
I figured I’d do a little sampling first and try some gluten free coconut flour cupcakes. I used a basic vanilla cupcake recipe added some coconut and coconut flavoring.
The texture was good, but this recipe could use a bit more tweaking on the flavoring. However, the buttercream frosting was a keeper! I’ll be using it when I finally bake that delicious low carb coconut flour cake.
When I have some more time, I plan to work on improving the flavor in these cupcakes. It may just need a bit more extract flavoring.
Low Carb Coconut Flour Cupcakes – Gluten Free
If you want a plain vanilla cupcake, simply leave out the unsweetened coconut and replace the extract with plain vanilla. Since this in a plain yellow cake, you could dress it up with any add in you like.
I’m thinking I may try low carb cupcakes in a strawberry flavor. In any case, these are a wonder cake base that can be used as a start for more experimentation.
Coconut Flour Cupcakes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour sifted
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners Powdered Sweetener or erythritol powder
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia concentrated powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar free vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk
- Line cupcake pan with six liners, set aside.
- Combine coconut flour, coconut, baking powder and salt in small bowl. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, Swerve, stevia, melted butter, extracts, and almond milk until well combined.
- Blend in dry mixture. Spoon batter evenly into cupcake liners.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until done.
- Heat whipping cream, liquid sweetener and butter in saucepan until boiling point reached. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract, and xanthan gum. Chill for two hours.
- Add cream cheese and Swerve. Beat with electric mixer until smooth and at frosting consistency.
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.