This delicious bacon ranch flavored keto chicken crust pizza is easy to make, gluten-free, and almost zero carbs! It’s the perfect recipe to satisfy your pizza cravings on a keto diet.
You’ve probably heard of fathead pizza crust and cauliflower pizza crust. These can be great options for low carb keto pizzas.
But when it comes to crusts, this keto chicken pizza crust can’t be beat! With only 1 net carb per slice, it’s one of the best low carb options.
Making this crust is super simple. You just combine the ingredients, bake, then add your toppings. That means you’re only a few steps away from a guilt-free pizza night.
For this recipe, I also included a creamy ranch-inspired sauce that goes perfectly with the tomato and bacon. And of course, you top it all off with melted cheese.
Keto chicken crust pizza is one of my favorite ways to satisfy a pizza craving without adding a bunch of carbs. Give this recipe a try, because I’m sure it will quickly become one of your favorites, too!
What is chicken crust?
This low carb pizza crust is exactly what it sounds like. It may seem crazy to think of using meat as the base for a pizza, but it’s actually quite popular.
The benefit of meat is that it’s practically carb-free. This recipe is very similar to a meatza pizza which is made from ground beef.
In my opinion, you can get more creative with a keto chicken pizza crust. Chicken is pretty bland, more so than ground beef. This means you can use any kind of flavor combination you want.
How to make the chicken crust pizza keto
The beauty of this recipe is that it comes together so easily. I think it’s much easier than fathead dough.
Make the crust
- Add the crust ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Form the mixture into a ball.
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper, place the ball on it, and cover it with another sheet of parchment paper.
- Roll the crust out into a large circle.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper. If any crust sticks to the top sheet, just scrape it off with a rubber spatula and add it back to the main crust.
- Bake the meat crust at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until the top is browned.
- While the meat is baking, combine the ranch sauce ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Once the meat is browned, remove it from the oven. Flip the crust over, removing the parchment paper so the crust is directly on your pan.
- Spread about half of the sauce onto the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle the crust with half of the cheese, then add the bacon, and diced tomatoes. Finally, add the remaining half of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Put in oven at 400°F and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve with remaining ranch sauce.
I love the flavor combination of the ranch sauce, bacon, tomatoes, and cheese. It’s so tasty and satisfying!
How long to cook
You want to keep an eye on your chicken crust to make sure it doesn’t overcook. We want it to be firm enough for the toppings, but not dried out.
When baking, keep an eye on it starting at the 20 minute mark. Once the top is lightly browned, it’s ready.
It will continue cooking after you add the toppings, so you don’t need it to be cooked to a crisp at this point.
Once you add your toppings and return the topped crust to the oven, watch it until the cheese is melty. For me, 10 minutes is just about perfect.
How to mold ground chicken into pizza crust
It’s amazing how easy it is to make a crust out of ground chicken, cheese, egg, and seasoning!
By combining the ingredients in a bowl and then forming them into a ball, you’ll help everything start to bind.
Then, you simply roll out the crust to your desired pizza shape. I strongly recommend rolling it out between two sheets of parchment paper. This keeps the crust from sticking to your rolling pin.
It really is so simple!
Other keto pizza recipes
Looking for a few more ways to satisfy your pizza craving? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Low Carb Pizza with Fathead Dough is a Chicago-style thick crust pan pizza that’s easy to make and so satisfying!
- The Best Almond Flour Pizza Crust is a delicious way to indulge in pizza without all the carbs.
- Meat Lovers Low Carb Pizza is made in a deep dish pan with a cauliflower crust and topped with sausage, ham, and pepperoni!
- Zucchini Pizza Bites with Double Cheese is a different take on pizza that features healthy zucchini in place of the traditional crust.
- Crockpot Pizza Casserole with Chicken features all the delicious flavors of pizza without the crust!
You may also want to try an easy slow cooker pizza soup!
Kitchen Tools Used
You may want to have the following kitchen tools available before making the recipe:
Have you tried pizza crust made with chicken? How do you like to top off your low carb pizza? Leave a comment to let me know how it turned out.
Bacon Ranch Chicken Crust Pizza
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/3 cup mozzarella shredded (40 grams)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese shredded (30 grams)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme
- 1 large egg
- salt and ground black pepper to taste (I used 1/4 salt and dash pepper)
- 1/3 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded & divided (103 grams)
- 2 medium plum tomatoes diced (85 grams)
- 3 slices no sugar bacon cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then form into a ball.
- Place meat ball on parchment paper lined pizza pan. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and roll out into a large circle. Remove top parchment paper.
Is some of the crust on top of the paper? Then simply scrape it off with a rubber spatula. Add it back to the main crust.
- Bake meat crust in 400°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until top is browned.
- While crust is baking, combine sauce ingredients in medium bowl.
- Remove crust from oven and flip crust over on pan then remove parchment paper from top.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce on top of the pizza crust, then sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over it. Sprinkle on bacon and diced tomatoes. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 mozzarella cheese on top.
- Return pizza to 400°F oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Cut into 8 slices and serve with remaining ranch sauce.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published June 2017… Last Updated