This delicious and creamy avocado cilantro lime dressing adds wonderful flavor to any salad. It’s paleo friendly, totally dairy free, and takes just minutes to make!
I love making my own salad dressings.
First, it’s as easy as throwing the ingredients in a blender or food processor. It probably takes less time than going to the store to buy a bottle.
Second, I know there won’t be any added sugars, fillers, or unwanted ingredients like you find in store-bought dressings!
This avocado cilantro lime dressing is a great example. It takes minutes to make and uses simple, healthy ingredients. It’s also dairy free, vegan, and paleo friendly.
Not to mention, it’s so creamy and delicious!
This recipe is very simple to throw together. You can have it ready to dress your salad in a matter of minutes.
- Chop the avocado into chunks, then add to your food processor or blender.
- Chop the scallion and mince the garlic, then add them to the food processor along with the cilantro.
- Add the lime juice, almond milk, stevia, and salt.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth.
Any leftovers should be stored covered in the refrigerator. You may also notice that the flavors get even better after sitting overnight, which is a great bonus.
Make sure to use your homemade dressing within a week.
One of the ingredients for this recipe is a whole avocado. So is avocado dressing keto friendly?
A medium avocado has 17 grams of total carbs, but 13 of those come from fiber. That means there are only 6 net carbs in the whole fruit.
Plus, this recipe is for 4 servings, so you won’t be eating a whole avocado at once! Each serving of 3 tablespoons has 70 calories and 2 net carbs, which come from 4 grams of total carbs and 2 grams of fiber.
So this flavorful salad dressing is a great way to keep calories and carbs low!
Looking for a few ways to enjoy this creamy sauce?
For a side salad, I love drizzling it over a simple spring mix lettuce. You can throw on a few chopped veggies for some texture!
What kind of salad would you make with this dressing? Let me know in the comments below!
Looking for more sauces, condiments, or salad dressings that are easy to make and keto friendly? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Blue Cheese Dressing (Keto) is simple to make and perfect for dipping hot wings, topping off a salad, and more!
- My Keto Ketchup Recipe can be made easily at home with just 3 main ingredients and some spices.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (Keto) uses high quality ingredients to ditch the unhealthy carbs!
- Low-Carb Alfredo Sauce is easy to make and so delicious served over zoodles or low carb pasta.
- Keto Pizza Sauce is simple to make from scratch and perfect for pizza, chicken parmesan, or any of your favorite comfort foods!
Avocado Dressing Recipe
Once you try this creamy avocado cilantro lime dressing recipe, you may never buy salad dressing from the store again!
After all, making your own is so easy and way more cost-effective. Plus it’s delicious! So ditch the unnecessary ingredients you find in store bought brands and make your own.
Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- ¼ ounce cilantro
- ½ cup almond milk or coconut milk beverage
- 1 medium scallion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Place all ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth. Drizzle over salad and enjoy!
Array ( [serving_size] => 3 [calories] => 70 [carbohydrates] => 4 [protein] => 0 [fat] => 6 [saturated_fat] => 0 [polyunsaturated_fat] => 0 [monounsaturated_fat] => 3 [cholesterol] => 0 [sodium] => 335 [potassium] => 209 [fiber] => 2 [sugar] => 0 [vitamin_a] => 155 [vitamin_c] => 2.6 [calcium] => 40 [iron] => 0.1 [serving_unit] => tablespoons )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: June 4, 2018… Last Updated: July 22, 2020