Baking your own low carb treats is easy with this keto coconut flour brownies recipe. The dry mix can even be made ahead and given to friends and family as gifts by layering in a pint sized mason jar!
Can you have too many low carb brownie recipes? I don’t think so. In fact, this is the tenth recipe I’ve created. However, it’s another adaptation of a recipe that I used to make often before eliminating sugar.
My original recipe used a lot more sugar and it’s something that I used to layer in mason jars and give as gifts. But you can also layer this recipe into a jar if you want to make it ahead for gift giving.
The great thing is that once all the dry ingredients are measured and ready to go, you’ll only need to add butter and eggs to make the brownies. So it’s the perfect gift to give to someone who doesn’t normally have low carb sweetener or keto friendly chocolate chips in their pantry.
Another thing I love about the recipe is that it’s nut-free and gluten-free. It can also easily be made dairy-free by replacing butter with butter flavored coconut oil.
How to make brownies with coconut flour
- In large bowl, combine sweetener, coconut flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, cream one stick of butter in a large bowl and then beat in five eggs, one at a time.
- Add the dry mix to the egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Spread batter in a greased or lined an 8×8-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 325°F (165°F) for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked to desired doneness.
Substituting coconut flour for regular flour
It’s not difficult to use coconut based flour in place of wheat flour. The general rule is that you’ll only need ¼ to ⅓ cup of coconut flour for a cup of all purpose flour. However, you’ll need to up the eggs and liquid used in the recipe, otherwise the end product will likely be dry.
Making coconut flour brownies moist
When baking with coconut flour, you need to ensure you use plenty of eggs and adequate liquid. The liquid in this recipe comes from the butter.
If you find the brownies to be dry, the best remedy is to up the butter next time.I also used the new Lakanto Baking Sweetener in the recipe. It retains moisture better than other low carb sweeteners that I’ve used. Therefore, I find it works really well when baking with coconut flour like in this keto brownies recipe.
How many carbs in coconut flour brownies?
I bake the brownie batter in a square pan and then cut it into 16 squares after baking. For each one square serving, I’ve calculated the total carbs as 5 grams. But if you subtract the fiber, it comes out to be only 2 net carbs per square. Therefore, you can easily enjoy two squares without guilt!
Brownie Mix Mason Jar Gift
To make a quick and easy gift using the recipe, simply layer the following in a pint sized mason jar:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup low carb baking sweetener
- 1/2 cup keto friendly chocolate chips
Brownie Mix Instructions
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 large eggs
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8-inch pan. Add mason jar brownie mix into large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Stir in melted butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Spread batter into prepared pan an d bake 20-25 minutes until desired doneness is reached. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Printable for Mason Jar Tag
No time to make your own tags? Just fill in the form below to download the file I used to print my brownie mix instruction tags!
Other Coconut Four Keto Desserts
- Keto German Chocolate Cake is a moist low carb cake topped with a caramel like frosting with coconut and pecans.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Coconut Flour are perfect when you want to take along some treats on the road.
- Keto Coconut Cake is another moist cake that uses a secret healthy ingredient in the batter.
- Paleo Blueberry Cobbler has a light coconut flour topping over a sweet berry filling.
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies go well with a tall glass of low carb milk for a little afternoon treat.
- Paleo Chocolate Mug Cake is great for those times when you need to whip up a quick snack!
For more ideas, check out my collection of low carb recipes with coconut flour on Parade.com.
Keto Coconut Flour Brownies
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8×8-inch pan.
- Mix sweetener, coconut flour, cocoa, sweetener, and chocolate chips in large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in dry mix until smooth.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven until desired doneness is reached.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.