Savor the sweet flavors of strawberries and cream cheese mixture in this keto strawberry cream cheese pie!
Sponsored by ChocZero.
Have you ever wondered why cheesecake is called a cake and not a pie? Apparently, it is because of the type of crust (or lack thereof).
There is a lot of debate in the culinary community about whether a cheesecake is a cake, a pie, or a tart.
You can rest assured that I am avoiding all of that confusion with this recipe. I bake a creamy cheesecake-like filling in a crispy pie crust.
This strawberry cream cheese pie is actually a pie because it has the crust to prove it!
Why you’ll love it
This pie is all about the strawberries! Fresh strawberries are covered in a sweet (and low-carb) strawberry jam.
The cream cheese mixture tastes just like your favorite cheesecake, but it is sugar-free. Same texture and sweet flavors, but a lot fewer carbs. This is all baked on top of a flaky gluten-free pie crust.
As you slice into it, you'll see every perfect layer and smell the glazed strawberries and vanilla cream cheese filling.
This strawberry pie is fancy enough to win awards at pie contests and delicious enough to share at family dinners!
Here are the ingredients needed for each part of the strawberry cream cheese pie: the keto pie crust, cream cheese filling, and strawberry toppings.
Keto Pie Crust
You can certainly use a pre-made keto-friendly pie crust to save yourself time. I really enjoy making homemade low-carb pie crust.
This keto pie crust recipe is really simple and only has six ingredients!
You get a crust that flakes beautifully on your fork when you combine coconut and almond flour.
I like this crust so much more than a graham cracker crust because it holds up better when you slice into the strawberry pie.
Cream Cheese Pie Filling
The filling for this strawberry cream cheese pie is made with easy-to-find ingredients. All you need is some full-fat cream cheese, vanilla, keto-friendly sweetener, and a few eggs.
If you don't have cream cheese, then substitute it with Neufchatel cheese. It has the same taste and texture.
This is my favorite part! Top the strawberry cream cheese pie with fresh strawberries and ChocZero's sugar-free strawberry jam.
The jam will have more carbs in it, so I only drizzled a little bit on top of the strawberries to make a natural glaze.
You can also decorate the top with some keto whipped cream or dust the tops of the strawberries with sugar-free powdered sugar.
Please note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low-carb recipe.
- Bake the crust first before adding the filling to firm it up and help keep the liquid filling from mixing into it.
- Use foil on the pie crust to cover the crust edges (or a pie shield) to prevent the strawberry pie from browning too much.
- Chocolate syrup instead of jam. If you really like the combination of strawberries and chocolate, drizzle chocolate syrup on the strawberries instead of the jam.
- Let the cake cool completely before you add the strawberries and jam for the best results.
There are just three simple steps to this strawberry cream cheese pie: baking the crust, making the filling, and adding the toppings.
Pre-Bake The Pie Crust
Before you start mixing up the filling, bake your pie crust in the pie pan.
Even if you are using a pre-made pie crust, baking it first will prevent the crust from soaking up the ingredients from the cream cheese layer.
Mix The Cream Cheese Filling
Next, use an electric mixer to mix all the cream cheese filling ingredients. You want it to be well incorporated. This step can be done by hand, but it will be more difficult and take a lot longer.
Bake The Pie
Add the filling to the pie crust. Then, bake it until the middle is completely set. This usually takes about 20-25 minutes.
Arrange Fresh Strawberries
After the cake is completely cooled, begin to arrange the fresh strawberries on top. Add as many or as few strawberries as you want.
Prepare The Strawberry Glaze
Heat the strawberry jam in a saucepan until it thins out. This will make it easier to brush on top of the strawberries.
Add The Glaze To The Strawberries
Use a pastry brush to lightly add the thinned strawberry glaze on top of the strawberries.
Refrigerate the strawberry cream cheese pie until you are ready to serve it.
️ Serving suggestions
This low-carb strawberry cream cheese pie is a show-stopping pie, so serve it with a few other keto strawberry desserts.
Serve it with a scoop of strawberry no-churn ice cream. It has a light flavor that will taste delicious with this rich pie.
Or, celebrate the tastes of summer with a strawberry rhubarb crisp. Each slice only has 3 grams net carbs, and the crispy topping is delightful!
You can never go wrong with a classic keto strawberry shortcake. Two spongy layers with fluffy whipped cream in between. It's a popular and beloved recipe.
Before we get to the printable recipe card, here are some questions people often ask about how to make strawberry cream cheese pie.
This pie won't last very long in the refrigerator because the cream cheese filling will eventually make the crust softer.
I suggest covering it with a lid or aluminum foil and keeping it refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Use any fresh berries that you like on top of this pie. Try it with raspberries or blackberries - they are low in carbs and look fabulous on top of a pie. You can even make your own sugar free raspberry jam!
Mini cream cheese pies are the perfect thing to serve at your next party. Just cut the pie crust smaller and place it into individual mini pie plates. They sell small aluminum pie plates online.
Then, follow the instructions, just making smaller pies instead of one large one. You will have to adjust the cooking time since the smaller pies will bake faster.
If you want to use strawberry cream cheese, I suggest looking at the nutrition label first. Most kinds are sweetened or have more carbs.
If you are on the keto diet, I recommend just using plain cream cheese.
My go-to keto jam is from ChocZero! It's absolutely delicious. You can really taste the strawberries and it doesn't have that weird aftertaste that you sometimes get from other sugar-free jams.
If you enjoyed this strawberry cream cheese pie, then here are some more delicious and easy keto desserts you should make next. They are some of my favorites!
- Keto Chocolate Cake is really rich and satiates that chocolate craving without flooding your system with sugar.
- Sugar-Free Keto Banana Pudding is a light snack that tastes even richer and creamier than store-bought.
- Low-Carb Cranberry Cheesecake is a rich and decadent dessert that is perfect all year long.
- Keto Pecan Pie has a scrumptious nutty flavor and the same rich sweetness, but still low in carbs.
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake has a delightful crumb crust with a creamy pumpkin filling.
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting is perfect for all your keto cakes.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake prepared pie crust for about 10 to 12 minutes until crisp. It's best to cover the edges with a pie shield or aluminum foil to prevent over browning. Remove from oven and allow crust to cool on a rack.
- ln a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, eggs, sweetener, and vanilla until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake in the preheated 350°F oven until the center is almost set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Keep the edges of the crust covered to prevent burning. Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
- Arrange cut strawberries to cover the top of the cream cheese filling. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the strawberry jam until thinned. Brush the jam over the strawberries to glaze. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. If desired, top pie with whipped cream.
Array ( [calories] => 211 [carbohydrates] => 18 [protein] => 6 [fat] => 16 [saturated_fat] => 8 [polyunsaturated_fat] => 2 [monounsaturated_fat] => 3 [trans_fat] => 1 [cholesterol] => 70 [sodium] => 182 [potassium] => 175 [fiber] => 10 [sugar] => 7 [vitamin_a] => 489 [vitamin_c] => 46 [calcium] => 53 [iron] => 2 )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.