This keto strawberry ice cream is a delicious low-carb dessert that is surprisingly easy to make at home. Being on the keto diet doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a sweet treat and this ice cream is a perfect choice!
Sponsored by ChocZero
No churn keto strawberry ice cream can be made at home with just a handful of ingredients within a few hours. As far as ice cream recipes go, it’s a very quick recipe!
This strawberry ice cream is a great low-carb dessert to curb a sweet tooth craving. Rich and creamy with bits of gooey strawberry in every bite, it has plenty of fresh fruit flavor.
If you have never made ice cream before at home, this is a great beginner’s recipe. You will be surprised at just how easy it is to make and just how delicious it is, too!
Ingredients Needed To Make Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
This keto strawberry ice cream doesn’t require that many ingredients! You might even already have these in your kitchen.
Heavy Whipping Cream
Heavy whipping cream is the base of this keto ice cream recipe and makes it extra rich and creamy. This is the ingredient that really replicates the kind of ice cream that you would buy in stores!
Eggs increase the richness of the ice cream, making it creamier and more satisfying. It might seem like a strange ingredient to have in ice cream, but trust me – it makes this recipe extra delicious!
A wonderful flavor that compliments the dairy and fresh strawberries, vanilla extract gives this ice cream an extra smooth and pleasing taste.
ChocZero Strawberry Syrup
This sugar-free syrup from ChocZero not only adds plenty of sweetness but adds additional strawberry flavor as well. This helps this recipe to really pop with fresh strawberries!
Sea salt helps to create a balance in all of the sweetness and richness of the ice cream. It gives the slightest hint of saltiness without being overpowering.
Fresh strawberries add a punch of flavor and texture to this ice cream, making it extra decadent and refreshing. Every scoop of ice cream is filled with delicious chunks of fresh strawberries.
Allulose is a low-calorie sweetener that is perfect for those following the keto diet. It helps to further sweeten this ice cream and makes the strawberry flavor come through even more.
Tip: Check out this guide on all things keto sweeteners to find your favorite!
Lemon extract adds the slightest hint of lemon, which compliments the strawberry flavor perfectly!
Please Note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low-carb recipe.
Quick Notes and Tips:
- Each serving contains 3g carbs from allulose, which isn’t included in the count as it’s non-impacting. A serving is about ½ cup and has about 5g net carbs (after subtracting allulose and fiber).
- The strawberries can be omitted for more scoopable ice cream since there is strawberry flavor in the syrup. 8 ounces of strawberries has a little over 17.4g carbs and 4.5g fiber, so eliminating them will save about 2g carbs per serving.
- To enhance the color of the ice cream, you can stir in some red food dye or beet juice powder.
- This recipe makes about 1 quart of ice cream. I recommend storing it in an ice cream tub with a tight-fitting lid.
- If your ice cream is too hard to scoop, let it sit out for a few minutes each time you want a serving.
How To Make No-Churn Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
This no-churn strawberry ice cream doesn’t take much time to prepare and requires just a little bit of patience! With this easy ice cream recipe, you can enjoy as much homemade ice cream as you can eat!
In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except the allulose, lemon extract, and strawberries. Heat the combined ingredients over medium heat until the liquid just starts to steam.
Be watchful since you do not want the liquid to begin boiling!
Chill And Prep
Pour the ice cream mixture into a heat-safe bowl and chill it in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours. If you are in a hurry, you can speed up this step by chilling the liquid in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes instead.
While the ice cream liquid is chilling, prep your strawberries by hulling and dicing them. Then, sprinkle them with allulose and lemon extract.
Whip Ice Cream
Once the ice cream liquid has chilled, use an electric mixer to whip the mixture, incorporating as much air as possible for 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the prepped fresh strawberries and pour everything into a freezer-safe container. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until hardened.
Once it has frozen completely, serve and enjoy!
What To Serve With Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
This strawberry ice cream is delicious on its own but would be such a special treat topped with some homemade keto whipped cream. It makes the perfect keto-friendly dessert that you can enjoy guilt-free.
Frequently Asked Questions About Keto No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
Before we get to the printable recipe card, here are some questions people often ask about this low-carb ice cream recipe.
Can I use this keto strawberry ice cream recipe in my ice cream maker?
If you own an ice cream maker and prefer to use that method, you can definitely adapt this keto strawberry ice cream recipe for it.
Follow the recipe to make the mixture, then make the ice cream according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
Which brand of sugar-free syrup is best?
My all-time favorite keto strawberry syrup is from ChocZero! They have so many options when it comes to low-carb and sugar-free baking ingredients.
Can I use other fruit besides strawberries?
Yes! You can experiment with all kinds of fruit in this ice cream recipe. Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and cherries are all great options.
What can I use instead of heavy whipping cream?
If you do not have heavy whipping cream or prefer not to use it, coconut milk is a dairy-free option that you can use instead.
It can be used in the place of heavy whipping cream for very similar results. Just make sure to use the canned kind that is full fat.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
If you loved this strawberry ice cream, here are some more recipes to try!
- Keto Sea Salt Caramel Ice Cream Bars are so rich you would never believe they were low carb!
- Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce is rich and creamy like real caramel sauce and is the perfect topping for desserts.
- How To Make A Thick Milkshake (Like a Frosty) shows you how to make a deliciously thick milkshake that is still low in carb.
- No-Bake Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake is a rich and decadent dessert adored by chocolate lovers.
- Keto Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe is no churn, but rich and creamy just like store-bought ice cream!
Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- In medium saucepan, whisk together heavy cream, egg, vanilla extract, strawberry syrup, and sea salt.
- Cook mixture over medium heat until it begins to steep (strands of steam form on top of the heated liquid) being careful not to boil.
- Transfer to a heat-safe mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool, about 1 to 2 hours. To speed up the cooling, you can place the bowl in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the cream mixture is chilling, hull and dice the strawberries and place them in a small bowl. Then, sprinkle in the allulose and add lemon extract. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Remove mixture from refrigerator after chilled. Whip with an electric mixer for about 3 to 5 minutes to incorporate as much air as you can. Stir in the strawberry mixture. Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours until hardened.
Array ( [calories] => 280 [carbohydrates] => 28 [protein] => 2 [fat] => 23 [saturated_fat] => 14 [trans_fat] => 1 [cholesterol] => 105 [sodium] => 177 [potassium] => 122 [fiber] => 23 [sugar] => 2 [vitamin_a] => 912 [vitamin_c] => 17 [calcium] => 49 [iron] => 1 )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.