The coconut in this coconut summer squash pie really adds a great flavor to the pie. The flavor in this is much better than a mock coconut pie recipe.
Although I have made a mock coconut pie before with summer squash, that recipe here did not have any real coconut in it. I thought the pie would be better with some unsweetened coconut added instead of relying only on the extract for flavor. The summer squash always grows well for us in our garden so I’m always trying to use it for more than just a steamed vegetable side dish for dinner. I like this recipe a little better than the one I posted last year because this one adds coconut.
- Reserve 1/4 cup coconut for topping
- Place the remaining ingredients in a blender until well mixed.
- Pour into pie pan or prepared unbaked low carb crust.
- Sprinkle reserved coconut on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until custard is set and coconut topping is browned.
Net carbs per serving: 3.5g