Need an easy dinner recipe? This crustless keto crockpot pizza casserole dish is so easy to make. Just combine cut boneless chicken with sauce and spices in a slow cooker. Once it’s cooked, sprinkle on some cheese for a simple low-carb lunch or dinner.
Last year, I received a small 2-quart slow cooker as a Christmas gift. I absolutely love it, especially when I only want to make a dish for one or two people.
This past weekend, after finishing breakfast, I thought I’d cook something simple in the crock pot for lunch. I was spending the morning tidying up and wanted to have a hot meal ready for lunch without much preparation.
I found a quick chicken recipe that could be cooked with tomato sauce in the slow cooker. Because it’s served topped with mozzarella cheese, it tasted just like a chicken pizza without the crust. So, I’m calling it a keto crockpot crustless chicken pizza casserole.
There’s only five simple ingredients needed plus salt and pepper. So you likely have everything you need to make the dish.
Boneless chicken breasts cut in cubes are the base of the dish. The meat is slow cooked in a seasoned tomato sauce base then topped with shredded cheese.
How to Make Crustless Crock Pot Chicken Pizza
This is one of the easiest recipes ever. It’s done in just a few simple steps:
- Cut two boneless chicken breasts into cubes and place into a 2-quart slow cooker.
- Stir in tomato sauce and seasonings. You’ll need an 8-ounce can of tomato sauce, two garlic cloves, a bay leaf, a teaspoon of Italian seasoning, a quarter teaspoon of salt, and a dash of pepper.
- Slow cook on low for three to four hours then top with shredded cheese. Mozzarella cheese is often used for pizza, but feel free to change it up with cheddar, gorgonzola, provolone, parmesan, or a combination of different cheese.
This slow cooker crock pot pizza casserole recipe can be doubled or tripled for use in a larger slow cooker. A single batch of the recipe yields about 3 servings.
Although the crustless chicken pizza should be done after 3-4 hours on low, you can leave it in the slow cooker most of the day. This lets you do other things while your meal is cooking. That’s the beauty of crock pot cooking!
Crockpot Pizza Casserole Variations
You can make the dish using low carb meatballs instead of chicken. And you can add in some vegetables like spinach or broccoli.
If you have a casserole crock pot, you can always top off this casserole pizza with mozzarella and put the crock in the oven to brown the cheese.
Other Recipes to Try
Looking for more easy low carb crock pot recipes to make on busy days? You’ll find some of my favorites below:
- Crockpot Mexican Chicken Soup is made with just 4 simple ingredients and prep time is 5 minutes or less.
- Keto Beef Tips made in a crock pot are much easier than cooking on the stove top.
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken is a dump and go recipe that’s slow cooked in a Dutch oven or crock pot.
- Spicy Crockpot Chili Pepper Chicken is super flavorful and takes just a few short minutes to prepare.
- Crock Pot Shrimp Scampi is one of the easiest recipes ever. Just dump all the ingredients in and let the slow cooker do the rest!
Crockpot Pizza Casserole Chicken
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cubed
- 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place chicken pieces in a 2 quart crockpot.
- Stir in tomato sauce and spices.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours. Serve with shredded cheese on top.
Array ( [serving_size] => 196 [calories] => 228 [carbohydrates] => 5.1 [protein] => 31.2 [fat] => 8.8 [saturated_fat] => 2.6 [cholesterol] => 92 [sodium] => 704 [potassium] => 501 [fiber] => 1.2 [sugar] => 3.4 [vitamin_a] => 300 [vitamin_c] => 8.3 [calcium] => 30 [iron] => 2 [serving_unit] => g )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published January 4, 2011… Last Updated: October 23, 2020, with new images and additional recipe tips.