Preorder my 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook featuring over 120 simple recipes and get over 45 bonus recipes to use NOW!
An easy keto chocolate biscotti recipe made with gluten free almond flour. This tasty low carb biscotti pairs up perfectly with a cup of coffee.
To get a nice crunchy cookie, I used almond flour. It’s a great low carb flour to use if you want your cookies to be crisp.
I’ve never made low carb biscotti before, but I was familiar with the process of making regular ones. You just have press the dough out on the pan and partially bake it. Then the cooked dough is sliced and returned to the oven to bake up crisp.
How to Make Chocolate Low Carb Biscotti
First, the wet ingredients are mixed in one bowl. Next, the dry ingredients are blended in another bowl. Then, they dry mix is added to the wet mix until well combined into a dough.
The chocolate keto biscotti dough is then shaped into a long flat log and placed onto a lined cookie sheet. The dough is baked at 325°F for about 20 minutes until cooked into a cake-like texture.
The partially baked log is transferred to a wire rack until it is cool to the touch. Then, it’s sliced it into thin long pieces and returned to the oven.
The second baking is what turns the cake-like texture into a crispy cookie. After the slices are baked the second time, they are placed directly on the cooling rack to cool completely. Once cooled, they should have a nice crisp cookie-like texture.
Chocolate Keto Biscotti Variations
These twice baked Italian cookies are so easy to make, I don’t know why I’ve never done it before. I made the cookies plain because I wanted to try crushing them for a pie crust recipe.
The following can be added to the chocolate biscotti dough to give it more interest:
- Sliced Almonds
- Low Carb Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
Kitchen Tools Used
The following items were used to make the chocolate low carb biscotti:
Gluten Free Low Carb Chocolate Biscotti
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup low carb sugar substitute or erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia concentrated powder
- 1/4 cup of butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 325°F. In mixing bowl, mix butter, granular sweetener, stevia, egg, and vanilla until well blended. In a separate bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix again until well blended. If desired, chocolate chips or nuts can be mixed in at this time.
- Shape the mixture into a large ball of dough. Place dough ball on a silicon baking mat or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Shape dough into a low, flat log.
- Bake the dough for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and cake-like. Remove from oven and reduce the temperature to 275 degrees F. Cool the log for about 10 minutes and then slice into thin strips about 1/2 inch wide. Place the slices on their side on the cookie sheet, and then bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until they are fully crisped.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
Post updated in February 2019. Originally published September 2010.