These keto almond flour brownie bites are full of rich chocolate flavor and taste like everything you love about dessert!
This post is sponsored by ChocZero.
Low Carb Almond Flour Brownie
If you enjoy low-carb desserts that are modest in size, then this recipe is for you!
This is the best way to satisfy your sweet tooth, especially during a time when there are desserts filling up store shelves and social media is full of photos of home-baked goods.
Not only are these fudgy brownie bites a mouthful of delightful chocolate but, they are topped with sugar-free frosting and even more chocolate.
Ingredients in Keto Brownie Bites
If you have ever baked any low-carb treats before, you probably already have all of this ingredients on-hand already! Here is what you need to make this keto brownie recipe.
- Unsweetened Cocoa - Make sure it is unsweetened. Dark baking cocoa will also taste amazing in this recipe.
- Baking Powder
- Almond Flour - Use almond flour, not almond meal. The almond meal will make the brownies taste grainy.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter. If you use salted butter, use less salt in the recipe.
- Keto Sweetener - Use a granular sweetener for this recipe, or some sweetener drops.
- ChocZero Chocolate Chips - Use your favorite sugar-free chocolate chips. ChocZero chocolate chips has a very rich flavor without the carbs.
- Xanthan Gum - This ingredient helps the ingredients stick together.
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Keto Almond Flour Brownie Bites
When making this brownie recipe, there are just a few different steps in this recipe. If you have ever baked cookies or brownies before, then you can make these!
All you do is mix all the brownie batter ingredients together in a bowl and blend them together in a blender.
When measuring out the portions for these brownies, I love using a stainless steel ice cream scoop. Especially, any time I am making muffins, cupcakes, and brownie bites. It scoops the perfect amount of batter and it cuts down on the mess of trying to use two spoons.
After they are baked, you can add some low carb toppings. Even though they are optional, they elevate these brownie bites to "out of this world" status!
What To Serve With Low-Carb Brownie Bites
Since there are only 2 grams of net carbs in each (plain) brownie bite, you can enjoy one with your lunch and even your breakfast.
I prefer to pair one almond flour brownie with a hot cup of coffee or tea. I especially like to eat a brownie bite with a Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice drink during the fall season.
If you are serving these brownies for dessert, serve them with a small scoop of homemade low-carb ice cream for a dessert that is unforgettable!
Frequently Asked Questions About Almond Flour Brownie Recipe
The entire recipe is at the bottom of this post but first, I wanted to answer some questions about these little fudgy bites.
Which is the best kind of muffin tin to bake brownies in?
I discovered that silicone muffin molds help my brownies not stick, especially if I grease it first.
If you are going to use a metal muffin tin, I suggest making sure it is really well greased or using some cupcake liners.
For bigger servings, use a regular muffin tin! However, my nutritional information is based on a mini muffin tin. If you make bigger brownie bites, the amount of net carbs in each brownie will increase.
Which are the best sugar-free chocolate chips to add to this brownie recipe?
For this specific recipe, I used ChocZero's sugar-free chocolate chips. Not only is the chocolate flavor on point but it also:
- Has only 1g net carb per serving
- Sweetened with monk fruit
- Perfect for keto-friendly baking
It's one of my favorite brands to use when I am baking with chocolate!
How long do you let brownies cool before adding toppings?
This depends entirely on where you store it. If you try to let them cool on top of the warm stove, it will take them a lot longer to cool down.
Before you add glaze, frosting, or toppings, make sure they are cooled to room temperature. This takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
What are some keto toppings for almond flour brownie bites?
This is the fun part! There are so many ideas. I picked a really fast and easy way to top my brownie bites.
I melted some sugar-free white chocolate chips and drizzled it on the brownies. Then, I added some ChocZero peppermint bark candies on top.
The combination of peppermint and chocolate makes these brownie bites taste like a decadent holiday treat!
Also, instead of melted white chocolate chips, you can top them with keto chocolate frosting as well.
Another really easy way to top these brownie bites is by dusting them with a powdered sugar-free sweetener.
How do you store keto brownie bites?
Just like with traditional brownies, you can store these keto almond flour brownie bites in a sealed container at room temperature. They will last about a week this way.
You can also store them in a sealed bag or container in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Can you freeze brownies?
Yes, brownies are an excellent dessert to freeze and save for later. Always freeze the brownies before you add toppings.
Here's how to freeze keto brownies (so they don't become a huge chocolate ice clump):
- Place the brownie bites on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Put the baking sheet in the freezer overnight.
- After they are frozen solid, place the brownie bites in a sealed plastic freezer bag.
They will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then, when you are ready to enjoy them again, defrost them in the refrigerator overnight.
Why do I have to blend the batter ingredients?
It's very important to blend all of the brownie batter ingredients. This makes sure they combine completely.
It also helps the almond flour mix in with everything else so that it all tastes the best.
If you don't have a blender, you can use a hand mixer, but I suggest investing a blender. You'll use it for lots of other recipes, too.
How full do you fill the muffin tin?
This almond flour brownie recipe does not expand as they bake as much as other recipes might, so you don't have to worry about overfilling the muffin tins.
That being said, you also don't want them to be so large that the brownies bake over the top.
I like to fill each brownie space ¾ full. If you use a cookie scoop, this is equal to one heaping scoop per muffin tin.
The best thing about using a cookie scoop is that it helps you measure out the same amount of batter each time. This way, all of the brownie bites bake at the same rate.
For regular muffin tins, an ice cream scoop can be used instead.
Other Recipes To Try
These rich and fudgy keto brownie bites are the most amazing dessert when you want to treat yourself. You might also enjoy these sweet treats to make when you crave something sweet
These are some of our favorites:
- Keto Pumpkin Cake is a layered mini cake that you can make in your microwave. It looks beautiful enough to serve at a brunch or tea party.
- Keto Carrot Cake is the perfect dessert for fall and is made with real carrots and a cream cheese frosting.
- Gluten-Free German Chocolate Cake is another recipe that uses zucchini for an ultra-rich texture. This one is topped with an amazing coconut pecan frosting!
- Cloud Cake With Coffee Buttercream has a really light texture and pairs well with a hot cup of coffee.
- Keto Chocolate Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting are a chocolate-lover’s dream come true. They are so rich, you won’t believe they are low-carb!
Follow us on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and INSTAGRAM for even more tasty keto-friendly recipes!
Keto Almond Flour Brownie Bites
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup low carb sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum optional but recommended
- ¼ cup keto chocolate chips
- ¾ cup keto white chocolate chips melted
- 1 ChocZero Peppermint Bark Candy chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 24 mini muffin molds.
- Blend together all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl just until combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the greased mini muffin molds.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until desired doneness has been reached.
- Allow brownie bites to cool in pan on rack for 10 to 15 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely.
- If desired, spoon about ½ teaspoon melted white chocolate on top of each bite then sprinkle on chopped peppermint chocolate bark. Allow chocolate to harden before serving.
1mg Iron, 4g net carbs
Low Carb Sweeteners | Keto Sweetener Conversion Chart
Array ( [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 83 [carbohydrates] => 4 [protein] => 2 [fat] => 8 [saturated_fat] => 3 [cholesterol] => 26 [sodium] => 91 [potassium] => 83 [fiber] => 2 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 141 [calcium] => 26 [iron] => 1 [serving_unit] => bite )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
Hi there I've just found this recipe and would like to try it. Question though 1cup of cocoa powder sounds a bit excessive to me could this be a misprint or could there be a substitute or a partial substitute? Hope I dont offend anyone with this question
You can try it with half cup of cocoa powder. That will reduce carbs. But you may need to up the almond flour if you reduce the amount of cocoa powder.
I made the keto almond flour brownie bites. I don't have mini muffin tins so I use my 12 muffin tin. How long do you bake these. And the dough is so thick and dry. Could you add some cream to loosen it up. My brownies are so dry and look like baked mud. Thank you
Sour cream or more butter can be added. If the batter is too thick, you could also thin it out with a little heavy cream or almond milk.
Great recipe. always like that they are simple with no "unique" ingredients. Even my non-keto friends like them. BTW- bought Lisa's book and same great approach to recipes that anyone can do without having to buy strange or rare ingredients. Her recipes keep me keto and eating some fantastic meals and deserts too!
Thanks for the feedback on the keto cookbook and recipes!
These are so cute! Love a good mini dessert like this.
Oh my goodness, yes please! So delicious! So nice to have a great low carb brownie recipe.
So decadent and delicious! Love the different toppings! These will be a holiday hit!
Oh I love the topping on these. A total upgrade to the store bought ones of my childhood.
So fudgy and delicious! Love these brownie bites.