A delicious sugar free gluten free cranberry bread recipe with fresh cranberries. This low carb bread uses a combination of stevia and erythritol sweeteners.
I started this low carb food blog nearly six months ago to see how the whole thing works. During this learning period, I have met some great bloggers and have discovered new techniques for low carb cooking.
When cooking, I like to keep things simple and natural. Although I do use artificial sweeteners on occasion, I prefer sticking with all natural sweeteners.
Since the cranberries have are in the market, I’m posting a new low carb gluten free cranberry bread recipe.
My favorite sweetener is stevia, but when used alone, it is difficult to achieve the same level of sweetness that sugar provides.
By using more than one type of sweetener, a better sweetness can be achieved because the sweeteners are working synergistically together.
Typically, a sweeter taste results from combining stevia with another sweetener and there is no aftertaste.
But, there’s also Steviva which using only high quality stevia in it’s powder and erythritol blends.
Here’s a recipe for low carb cranberry bread using stevia and erythritol. The original recipe appeared in a Martha Stewart magazine.
If you like cranberries, you are sure to like this one because it is loaded with berries. There is a full twelve ounce bag of cranberries in this loaf.
Gluten Free Cranberry Bread Recipe – Sugar Free
Low Carb Gluten Free Cranberry Bread
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol or Swerve, see Note
- 1/2 teaspoon Steviva stevia powder see Note
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses optional (for brown sugar flavor)
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 bag cranberries 12 ounces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a 9-by-5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, erythritol, stevia, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, molasses, eggs, and coconut milk.
- Mix dry mixture into wet mixture until well combined.
- Fold in cranberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack; let bread cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.