For an easy keto meal, try ground beef stroganoff. This hamburger meat recipe comes together in one pan for a quick and delicious dinner. It packs all the flavor of the traditional dish without the extra carbs!
I love finding new recipes for one-pan dinners. When you don’t have a lot of time, they’re great for getting easy, delicious meals on the table.
Skillet ground beef stroganoff is a perfect example!
This dish is made with budget friendly hamburger meat and a super creamy sauce packed with flavor. It tastes like something that takes all day to cook.
But it can actually be ready in 20 minutes or less! And everything comes together in just one skillet. This makes both cooking and clean-up so easy.
The traditional version dredges beef in flour before frying, then serves it in a creamy sauce over egg noodles.
To make a keto stroganoff, I simply eliminated the flour and served it over low-carb noodles instead!
This dish is so easy to make because everything comes together in one pan. This is also great for infusing the whole meal with flavor!
Just follow these simple steps:
- Cook the hamburger meat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan, then add the minced garlic and sauté until golden. Add the ground beef to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook the beef until browned, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Prepare the creamy sauce. Melt another tablespoon of butter in the pan. Add mushrooms and wine (or water), then cook until liquid is reduced by about half and the mushrooms are softened. Remove the pan from heat and mix in the sour cream and paprika.
- Combine sauce and beef. Return pan to low heat, then stir in lemon juice and cooked ground beef. Adjust seasonings to taste if needed then remove from heat.
Your hamburger stroganoff is ready to enjoy! I like to sprinkle mine with chopped parsley right before serving.
The traditional version of this Russian dish is served over egg noodles. Thankfully, there are plenty of low carb alternatives.
One of my favorite options is to serve the stroganoff over spaghetti squash. I like to use Instant Pot spaghetti squash as it’s the easiest cooking method I’ve found.
For a different vegetable noodle, you could also try spiralized zucchini noodles.
Another option is to use your favorite brand of low carb noodles. There are more and more options popping up all the time! Simply cook them according to the package directions.
Finally, you could whip up a batch of my keto egg noodles! They’re made from egg yolks, cheese, and spices for a super low carb option.
You really can’t go wrong. In my opinion, noodles are just a vehicle for eating sauce. The real star of this dinner is the ground beef stroganoff!
This recipe is for four servings. For me, it’s the perfect amount to feed my family for dinner.
If you do end up with leftovers, they can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. If possible, I recommend storing the stroganoff separately from any leftover noodles.
For longer storage, you could also freeze the hamburger stroganoff in an airtight container. It should stay fresh for several months.
Other recipes to try
Look for more low-carb ground beef recipes for easy keto meals? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Ground Beef and Green Beans is packed with flavor and only requires 5 ingredients and one pan to make!
- Eggplant Burgers are a great way to sneak some vegetables into a delicious burger.
- Crock Pot Taco Meat made in the slow cooker is great for a flavorful and filling dinner that cooks while you’re away!
- Keto Stuffed Peppers topped with cheese can be made ahead of time and frozen for an easy meal any time.
- Southwest Casserole made with ground beef and black soy beans is a hearty dish packed with delicious flavor!
You may also want to try an easy ground beef casserole.
Keto Beef Stroganoff Recipe
You have to try this ground beef stroganoff if you’re looking for a simple dish for dinner. It’s hearty and delicious yet easy to prepare. Pair it with veggie noodles for a quick low-carb meal.
You’ll love the creamy sauce made from butter, sour cream, and mushrooms. It may just become a new favorite!
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- ⅓ cup dry white wine or water
- 1 ¼ cups full fat sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or tablespoon fresh (chopped)
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in pan then add garlic and salute until garlic is golden.
- Add the beef, season with salt and pepper, then cook until browned. Remove beef from pan and set aside.
- Melt another tablespoon of butter to pan. Add mushrooms and wine/water and cook until liquid is reduced by about half and mushrooms are softened.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in sour cream and paprika. Return pan to low heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and meat. Add more seasoning if needed.
4.8g net carbs
Array ( [serving_size] => 272 [calories] => 447 [carbohydrates] => 6.1 [protein] => 38.7 [fat] => 28.1 [saturated_fat] => 15.7 [cholesterol] => 148 [sodium] => 159 [potassium] => 671 [fiber] => 0.7 [sugar] => 1.3 [vitamin_a] => 750 [vitamin_c] => 4.1 [calcium] => 110 [iron] => 23 [serving_unit] => g )
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: October 23, 2015… Last Updated: July 2, 2020