This bacon-wrapped cream cheese stuffed chicken is bursting with delicious flavor! Make it in the air fryer or the oven for an easy and super satisfying keto dinner.
Chicken breast is a great source of lean protein. I love incorporating it into my dinner menus.
But if your family is like mine, they can get bored of chicken breast quickly. I am constantly looking for new, fun ways to make it.
Why you'll love it
As soon as I served up this cream cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe I knew I had a winner! It was a big hit with the picky eaters in my family. Now this is the only way they want to east chicken.
The key to this dish is the creamy chive stuffing. There’s nothing worse than dry, bland chicken breast, but the filling keeps it super moist and flavorful.
And of course, you can’t go wrong wrapping it all in baked bacon! That's why this easy chicken recipe is such a delicious meal idea for busy weeknights. Your whole family is sure to go crazy for it.
The great thing about this delicious cream cheese chicken is that you only need a few simple ingredients.
You'll need skinless and boneless chicken breasts for the recipe.
Each chicken breast is wrapped in two slices of bacon. If you are watching fat and calories, you could use turkey bacon.
You don't need a lot of seasonings to make this family favorite dish. Fresh chopped chives and parsley are used in the stuffing along with minced garlic. The meat is just seasoned with salt and pepper.
Note: You'll find the full list of ingredients along with the amounts used for each in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
The chives are a very important part of this cream cheese stuffed chicken. They give the filling it’s flavor, so make sure not to leave them out!
If you want even more flavor and a little kick, sliced jalapenos are a great addition.
To include more vegetables, chopped spinach can also be added. Just stir it into the softened cream cheese with the parsley, garlic, and chives before stuffing the chicken.
It’s so easy to make low-carb stuffed breasts in an air fryer or oven. The process is so simple. Just mix up the filling ingredients, stuff the chicken, wrap it all in bacon, and cook!
Prep the air-fryer (or oven) and chicken
Preheat your air fryer to 350°F or oven to 375°F. Pat your chicken breasts dry, then season both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Then, on a cutting board, cut a slit lengthwise into each chicken breast being careful no to cut all the way through.
Prep filling and stuff
In a medium bowl, combine the chives, parsley, minced garlic, and cream cheese. Stir until well combined. Stuff each chicken breast with ¼ of the cream cheese mixture.
Wrap with bacon
Coil two slices of bacon around each of the cheese stuffed chicken breasts to cover as much of the outside as possible.
Place the prepared chicken breasts on a rack in the air fryer and cook for 25-30 minutes (30-40 minutes in oven), or until completely cooked through. The cooking time can vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
That’s it! Your keto bacon-wrapped stuffed chicken breast is ready to enjoy with all it's delicious flavors.
Before you mix the stuffing ingredients, you definitely want to soften the cream cheese. To do this, you can either set the cream cheese out at room temperature for about an hour or soften in the microwave. If your cream cheese is cold, it will be very difficult to blend with the chives, parsley, and minced garlic.
Make sure you do not over stuff each breast and don't stuff too close to the edge. Wrapping it up tightly with the bacon also helps hold it in.
A stuffed chicken breast should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
Looking for more tasty, low-carb chicken dinner ideas? Check out a few of these favorite recipes:
- Dry Rub Chicken Wings are oven-baked to crispy perfection and flavored with an easy blend of spices!
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Tenderloins is another way to use bacon to keep chicken juicy, tender, and tasty.
- BBQ Pulled Chicken is so delicious and easy to make in the slow cooker or Instant Pot!
- Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole made with an easy homemade sauce is a dish the whole family will love.
- Pork Rind Fried Chicken is just as tasty as the old-school way of doing it and can be made in the air fryer or oven!
You may also like a chicken stuffed avocado that bakes up in only 15 to 20 minutes after prepped.
Bacon-Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 6 oz. Cream cheese softened
- 8 Slices of bacon
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F or oven to 375°F.
- Add salt and pepper to taste to both sides of your chicken breasts.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a slit lengthwise into each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all of the way through.
- Combine the chives, parsley, minced garlic and cream cheese in a mixing bowl, and blend until well combined.
- Stuff each chicken breast with ¼ of the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed chicken breast in two slices of bacon.
- Cook the chicken breasts on a rack in the air fryer for 25-30 minutes or conventional oven for 31-37 minutes until completely cooked through. Cooking time can vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
Array ( [serving_unit] => chicken [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 466 [carbohydrates] => 3 [protein] => 33 [fat] => 35 [saturated_fat] => 15 [cholesterol] => 148 [sodium] => 709 [potassium] => 637 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 2 [vitamin_a] => 1566 [vitamin_c] => 16 [calcium] => 69 [iron] => 1 )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.