Preorder my 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook featuring over 120 simple recipes and get over 45 bonus recipes to use NOW!
A meaty low carb stuffed peppers recipe that makes a tasty keto friendly meal. It can even be made ahead and frozen for an easy meal any time.
I’ve been looking for ways to use up our ground venison burger. My husband enjoys hunting and the start of the season is less than a month away.
I’ll admit that the thought of eating deer really repulsed me before meeting my husband. I enjoy watching the wildlife and it was tough for me to eat at first.
But, then I started reading how up on how much more nutritious venison is compared to beef. That’s when I starting using ground venison for all my hamburger meat recipes like this one for low carb stuffed peppers.
I find the venison steaks to be a bit gamey. That’s why I always ask to have the deer meat ground into bulk sausage and burger. When it’s ground, other animal fats and spices can be added.
I have grown to love deer meat and I rarely use ground beef or other types of sausage. We always have tons of venison meat in our upright freezer.
Since venison isn’t as common as ground beef, I never list it as an ingredient. However, most of the ground meat recipes on this site were made with deer meat.
You’d never know these low carb stuffed peppers were made with venison instead of beef. Adding tomatoes is one way to hide any gamey taste.
If you aren’t a fan of peppers, you can easily stuff the ground meat mixture into zucchini or squash. But, bell peppers tend to hold the stuffing much better unless you are using a round squash.
If you want to use less meat in the stuffing, you can add in some cauliflower rice or Miracle Rice. Since I wanted to use up our ground venison, I kept the filling for the low carb stuffed peppers on the meaty side.
You can also change up the cheese topping to suit your preferences. I had some slices of Colby Jack and mozzarella cheese so that’s what I used.
Green bell peppers aren’t something I cook often so it was a nice change. Lately, I’ve been eating a ton of zucchini and cucumbers from the garden.
And, I have a great collection of low carb ground meat recipes if you also happen to have a freezer full to use up. You are sure to find a new family favorite.
Do you have a favorite filling for stuffed vegetables? I’m thinking of making a lasagna stuffing next time.
Keto Low Carb Stuffed Peppers with Cheese Recipe
Low Carb Stuffed Peppers
- 6 medium green peppers washed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce divided
- 3 slices Colby Jack cheese chopped
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese chopped
- Cut tops off peppers. Hollow out inside and discard seeds. Chop half the tops and set aside.
- In skillet, saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add in chopped green peppers from tops. Cook for about five minutes.
- Add in ground beef and cook until browned.
- Mix in diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and onion powder. Cook another five minutes.
- Stuff beef mixture into each hollowed out green pepper. Top each with 1 tablespoon marinara sauce then sprinkle with the chopped cheese.
- Combine the remaining marinara sauce with any liquid remaining in the pan used to cook beef mixture. Pour into an 11×7 baking dish. Place stuffed peppers on top.
- Bake at 375°F degrees for about 20 minutes.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.