Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce is my all time favorite breakfast treat. The tradition recipe calls for a toasted English muffin on bottom.
It’s easy to convert the recipe to low carb with a slice of toasted low carb bread on bottom or even a thick slice of tomato. I used a square of homemade low carb flax bread.
- 3 egg yolks
- 7 ounces butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- dash cayenne
- 4 eggs, poached
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, cooked (or sliced ham)
- 4 slices low carb bread, toasted
- Place egg yolks in a blender or food processor.
- Melt the butter in the microwave until bubbling.
- With the blender or food processor running, gradually add the hot butter in a steady stream to the egg yolks until the sauce is thick and creamy. Add the lemon juice. If the sauce is too thick, add a little warm water. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Remove from blender or food processor and keep warm.
- Poach Eggs: Place 2-3 inches of water in a deep skillet or saucepan with a dash of salt. Bring water to a boil then reduce heat to just under boil. Carefully break eggs into hot water and cook until whites are firm. Remove with slotted spoon.
- Place slices of low carb toast (or tomato slices) on plates. Top each with a slice of Canadian bacon (or ham). Place poached eggs on top and pour Hollandaise sauce over eggs. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Carbs per serving: 5 g
Each sauce serving: 397.5 calories, 87.3g fat, 0.7g carb, 8.5g protein.
LOW CARB TIPS and TRICKS
Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Low Carb Tips and Tricks which includes 20 easy to prepare recipes. Plus, get access to the weekly newsletter and special offers only for subscribers!