Looking for low carb meals to make in your electric pressure cooker? Here’s an easy Instant Pot no noodle lasagna that’s a break to make.
I’ve been taking it easy lately. The lazy days of summer are here and I’m trying not to do too much. However, it’s tough when you work full-time, have a small child, and manage two blogs.
To make meals easier, I’m using my Crock Pot and Instant Pot. The Instant Pot is a fairly new appliance for me, and I am still learning how to best use it. But, it’s quickly becoming one of my most favorite kitchen appliances.
Thanks to the multi-functions of the Instant Pot, I’ve been able to get rid of my steamer and rice cooker. It’s also a slow cooker, but I’m keeping my crock pots because you can never have enough slow cookers.
It’s been super hot the last few weeks so I’m a bit reluctant to turn on the oven if I don’t have to. We do have ice cold central air conditioning, but I don’t always like to turn it on. And, when it is on, I like to keep the temperature dial on the high side.
I was craving some lasagna when I got home from a short vacation in upstate New York.
The weather was hot so I didn’t want to add heat to the kitchen by turning on the oven.
I could have made a skillet lasagna like the recipe here, but decided to try out a lasagna recipe in the Instant Pot instead.
My traditional lasagna recipe uses a ricotta cheese filling in the layers. Some like to use cottage cheese, but I prefer the taste of ricotta.
Which cheese do you prefer?
This Instant Pot no noodle lasagna recipe was adapted from my spaghetti squash lasagna recipe here.
I decided to leave out the veggie noodles, though.
I suppose I could have used layers of zucchini to help hold things together. But, I didn’t bother to do that.
That’s why I call this recipe an Instant Pot no noodle lasagna. There’s NO NOODLES, real or faux.
You may want to loosely cover the lasagna with aluminum foil while it’s cooking in the Instant Pot. I didn’t think of this until after. It would prevent condensation from dripping on top of the cheese.
If you prefer, you could leave the top layer of cheese off during the cooking process. Then, when the time is up, simple add the cheese to the top after depressurizing. Then, put the lid back on and let the heat of the warm cycle melt the cheese.
In any case, this is a super easy recipe that cooks up in the Instant Pot. And, it only dirties one pot since you can brown the meat right in the pot!
I think you’ll love this simple Instant Post no noodle lasagna. It’s very similar to a skillet lasagna, but skips the pasta.
What’s your favorite family meal to cook up in an electric pressure cooker like the Instant Pot?
Low Carb Instant Pot No Noodle Lasagna
No Noodle Instant Pot Lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 jar marinara sauce 25 ounces
- 8 ounces mozzarella sliced
- On sauté setting, brown the ground beef with the garlic and onion.
- While the meat is browning, combine the ricotta cheese with the Parmesan and egg in a small mixing bowl.
- Drain grease and remove meat mixture from Instant Pot.
- In a medium size bowl mix meat mixture with 25 ounce jar of marinara (reserve ½ c for the top).
- Next, using a round dish that fits within your Instant Pot (A springform pan with aluminum foil to catch any drippings works) layer half of your lasagna meat, mozzarella and ricotta cheese mixture repeating for a second time until no ingredients remain. Top with ½ c of reserved marinara sauce.
- Place sling in Instant Pot over rack and pour in 1 cup of water.
- Set dish in instant pot. Cover loosely with aluminum foil if desired to keep condensation from dripping on the lasagna.
- Attach lid, close valve, and cook on high pressure for 9 minutes.
- Vent steam, remove the lid and serve.
FREE eBook! LOW CARB TIPS and TRICKS
Subscribe now to get a copy of Low Carb Tips and Tricks which includes 20 easy recipes. Plus, get access to the weekly newsletter and special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.