A paleo friendly low carb meatza pizza is basically just a seasoned ground beef mix cooked flat to make a crust. Then, it’s topped off with veggies.
I was in the mood for some yummy low carb pizza. But, I wanted to try something a little bit different than the standard bread like pizza crust.
You may have heard of a meat crust pizza referred to as Meatza. I decided to use tomato slices instead of sauce and added some chopped spinach to make this spinach tomato meatza pizza.
I’m not sure where the idea of meatza came from, but it really is a novel idea. It’s a perfect way to make low carb pizza crust. Just grab your favorite ground meat, season it and roll it out into a dough.
The flavor combinations are endless for this meaty low carb crust. Simply change the toppings to customize it to your liking. I think a bunch of low carb vegetables would be delicious on top of the meatza pizza crust.
I think it would be a lot of protein to put meat toppings on a meat based low carb crust. I prefer using the crust for a cheese or vegetable pizza. That way, you are getting a more complete meal.
Of course, the choice is ultimately up to you. And, you can certainly put pepperoni or sausage on the meatza pizza crust. But, you’ll want to make sure you don’t overload on protein as it can turn into glucose.
Some might call this a flat meatloaf covered with pizza toppings. So, regardless of what it’s called. I just think it’s a delicious low carb meal that really satisfies.
You serve meatza pizza by the slice so you don’t even need a fork to eat it. Just pick it up in your hands and enjoy each cheesy slice.
Next time, I will try using low carb pizza sauce and different toppings. However, I thought this paleo friendly meatza pizza was excellent with the tomatoes and spinach.
This is a great way to make a low carb pizza crust without having to bother with a flour based crust. However, if you’d prefer a more traditional bottom, check out my coconut flour or cauliflower pizza crust recipes.
What will you put on top of this meaty pizza crust? Try a variety of vegetables for a veggie lover’s pizza.
Low Carb Spinach Tomato Meatza Pizza Recipe
Spinach Tomato Meatza Pizza – Paleo Low Carb
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tomatoes
- 9 ounces frozen chopped spinach cooked and drained
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Beat the eggs with the parmesan cheese and all seasonings.
- Add the ground beef and mix until well combined.
- Spread the mixture onto a large baking sheet with sides (a jelly roll pan works well).
- The mix doesn’t have to fill the bottom of the pan, I made rounded ends.
- Bake for about 20 minutes in a 450 degree F oven.
- Remove from oven and drain off any grease.
- Place sliced tomatoes and spinach on top then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven on a high rack near broiler. Broil until cheese is melted and brown.
- Net Carbs 2.9g
- % Carbs: 3.5%
- % Protein: 56.5%
- % Fat: 40%
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.