Saucy Instant Pot smothered pork chops from the cookbook Keto Cooking with your Instant Pot. So tender, the meat falls right off the bone!
Keto Cooking with your Instant Pot
If you were gifted a new Instant Pot for Christmas, you’ll want to check out the new cookbook by my friend Dr. Karen Lee. It’s Keto Cooking with your Instant Pot and it comes with 75 recipes for fast and flavorful ketogenic meals.
Each recipe in the book comes with a mouthwatering photo which will make you want to try every single dish. And the instructions are so easy that even a beginner can dive right in.
For those who are new to Instant Pot cooking, Karen provides tons of tips at the beginning of the book to turn you into a pro in no time. And I love how detailed her instructions are to ensure each recipe is made successfully.
Keto Instant Pot Recipes
The low carb recipes in the cookbook are made with whole food ingredients that are easily found in local grocery stores. So there’s no need to run out and buy any specialty ingredients.
There’s a little bit of everything. You get some simple breakfast ideas, a lot of tasty soups, tons of main dishes, a nice variety of sides, and some awesome treats. The recipes are the perfect way to start eating healthier in the new year, especially if you want to make good use of your Instant Pot.
So if you’ve been intimidated to use the electric pressure cooker, do yourself a favor and order Keto Cooking with your Instant Pot from Amazon today. After trying a few of the recipe, you’ll be so glad you got the book. It’s like having a professional chef in the kitchen showing you exactly how to make gourmet dishes for you and your family.
Some of the recipes that I’m looking forward to trying are the Perfect Pot Roast, the Texas Style BBQ Baby Back Ribs, the Easy-Peasy Seafood Paella, the Rich and Savory Cream of Kale, and the Espresso Mocha Cheesecake. And since we are currently in the middle of the flu season, I may have to give the Immune-Boosting Ginger Tea a try too.
Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops
The Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops recipe really stood out to me when I was browsing through the cookbook. It’s easy to overcook pork where the meat becomes tough and dry. That’s why I usually resort to slow cooking it which takes forever.
I’m so excited to try Karen’t recipe for these saucy pork chops made quickly in the electric pressure cooker. It sounds like such a time saver and I love that everything is cooked in the same pot which makes cleanup a lot easier. And I got permission to share the recipe with all of you!
Recipe reprinted with permission from Keto Cooking With Your Instant Pot by Dr. Karen S. Lee, Page Street Publishing Co. 2018. Photo Credit: Donna Crous.
Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 6 oz or 170 g each boneless pork loin chops
- 2 strips of uncured bacon finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter more as needed
- ½ medium onion sliced
- 12 oz white mushrooms, sliced ¼” (6 mm) thick
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup full fat heavy cream
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour more if needed
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley chopped, reserve 1 tbsp (4 g) for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with the garlic power mixture and set aside.
- Turn on the Instant Pot by pressing “Sauté” and set to “More.” Insert the inner pot and wait until the panel says “Hot.” Add bacon and sauté for 3 minutes and add the pork chops, two at a time, and brown both sides or 2 minutes per side. Add butter at this point if needed. Transfer the pork shops to a plate and set aside. Add onions and mushrooms and sauté until onion is soft. Add white wine and stir and scrape the bottom for one minute. Place the pork chops on top of the onions and mushrooms.
- Close the lid tightly and move the steam release handle to “Sealing.” Press “Cancel, then,” “Pressure Cooker/Manual” button and set the timer for 20 minutes on HIGH pressure. When the timer ends, you will hear a beeping sound. Allow the Instant Pot to cool down naturally until the float valve drops down. Press “Cancel” and open the lid. Take out the pork chops on plates to be served and let rest. Meanwhile, add the rest of the ingredients in the inner pot except parsley and stir for 2 minutes or until it thickens. Add more tapioca flour if needed, depending on how much liquid was produced from the meat and vegetables from cooking. Top the pork chops with the mushroom gravy and garnish with parsley before serving.
- Net Carbs 10g
- % Carbs: 12.5%
- % Protein: 28.7%
- % Fat: 58.9%
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.