At Texas Roadhouse, the low-carb options are bountiful! Learn the best Texas Roadhouse keto options with low-carb main dishes, tasty sides, and ordering tips.
If you're following a low-carb diet, Texas Roadhouse is one of the best chain restaurant options for you to visit!
They have plenty of low-carb meals, customization potential, and high-fat extras to fit your daily macros.
How to eat keto at Texas Roadhouse
Learn the best keto foods at Texas Roadhouse with our custom keto menu.
Texas Roadhouse keto appetizers
Most of the appetizers at Texas Roadhouse are starch-heavy, deep-fried, and not suitable for keto dieters.
If you really want an appetizer, however, try the grilled shrimp.
- Grilled shrimp - 2g net carbs
Keto dieters have another option for a pre-meal snack: peanuts. The restaurant chain famously serves buckets of peanuts to diners when they are seated.
While you can certainly enjoy a couple of nuts, keep your carb count in check. 1 ounce of peanuts contains 4.6g of net carbs.
Texas Roadhouse keto proteins
These protein options are keto-approved, filling, and totally delicious. Use them as the base of your meal.
It's worth noting that while Texas Roadhouse serves many proteins, they are particularly known for their steak. If you are a beef fan, this is the spot for you!
- Herb-crusted chicken - 8g net carbs
- Portobello mushroom chicken - 4g net carbs
- Smothered chicken - 5g net carbs
- Grilled salmon - 1g net carbs
- Grilled shrimp dinner (no rice) - 4g net carbs
- Bone-in ribeye - 4g net carbs
- Dallas filet - 6g net carbs
- Filet medallions (no rice) - 2g net carbs
- Ft. Worth ribeye - 2g net carbs
- New York strip - 1g net carbs
- Porterhouse t-bone - 2g net carbs
- Prime rib - 1g net carbs
- Roadkill - 7g net carbs
- Steak kabob (no rice) - 9g net carbs
- USDA choice sirloin - 3g net carbs
- Grilled pork chops (single portion) - 8g net carbs
- Ribs (half slab) - 6g net carbs
Want extra sauce on your meal? Try one of these low-carb sauce options:
- Cream gravy - 6g net carbs
- Peppercorn sauce - 7g net carbs
- Portobello mushroom sauce - 6g net carbs
- Regular whipped butter - 0g net carbs
- Lemon pepper butter - 0g net carbs
- Garlic lemon pepper butter - 0g net carbs
When ordering a burger or sandwich at Texas Roadhouse, simply ask to remove both the bun and fries. Then, choose between:
- All-American cheeseburger - 6g net carbs
- Bacon cheeseburger - 6g net carbs
- Mushroom jack chicken sandwich - 8g net carbs
There are actually several keto salads available at Texas Roadhouse. When ordering, just remove any croutons and choose a low-carb salad dressing (we'll tell you if you need to swap one out!).
- Caesar salad - 3g net carbs
- Chicken caesar salad - 9g net carbs
- Grilled shrimp caesar salad - 9g net carbs
- Grilled salmon caesar salad - 9g net carbs
- Grilled chicken salad - 9g net carbs
- Grilled salmon salad - 9g net carbs
- Grilled shrimp salad - 9g net carbs
- House Salad - 2g net carbs
- Grilled shrimp house salad - 8g net carbs
- Grilled salmon house salad - 8g net carbs
- Grilled chicken house salad - 8g net carbs
- Steakhouse filet salad (swap dressing) - 9g net carbs
Want to add more fat content and flavor to your salad? Add bleu cheese crumbles (1g net carbs) or bacon (0g net carbs) as a tasty topping.
Finish off your Texas Roadhouse salad with a keto-friendly dressing. Remember to add these net carbs to the total carb counts in your salads above.
- Bleu cheese dressing - 5g net carbs
- Caesar dressing - 6g net carbs
- Low-fat ranch dressing - 3g net carbs
- Oil & vinegar dressing - 0g net carbs
- Parmesan peppercorn dressing - 6g net carbs
- Ranch dressing - 5g net carbs
Texas Roadhouse keto sides
Add any of these low-carb texas roadhouse sides to your burgers, sandwiches, and protein mains.
You can choose two delicious sides per protein and one per burger or sandwich.
- Fresh vegetables (with dressing) - 8g net carbs
- Green beans - 11g net carbs
- Sautéed mushrooms - 3g net carbs
- House salad - 2g net carbs
- Caesar salad - 3g net carbs
Finish off your meal with a low-carb beverage choice.
- Unsweetened iced tea - 0g net carbs
- Bottled water - 0g net carbs
- Coffee (caffeinated & decaf) - 1g net carbs
There are even a few Texas Roadhouse keto alcohol drinks. Choose from:
- Red wine 6 oz - 5g net carbs
- White wine 6 oz - 5g net carbs
- Island kicker - 0g net carbs
Items to avoid at Texas Roadhouse
Because Texas Roadhouse has so many keto options, it shouldn't hurt too bad to avoid these menu items.
Some items to avoid at all costs include:
- Grilled BBQ chicken
- High-carb salads (the California chicken salad 64g net carbs!)
- Fried appetizers
- Sugary drinks and cocktails
- French fry side dishes
- Sweet sauces
- Starchy side dishes
How to order keto at Texas Roadhouse
Use the guiding tips to help perfect your Texas Roadhouse order:
1. Remove the bread
If there's something breaded in your meal, ask to have it removed! This goes for croutons in salads and buns on both sandwiches and burgers.
2. Choose low-carb dressings
Choose from our list of keto-approved salad dressings to keep your salad low-carb.
Some salads, like the caesar, are keto without a sauce swap. But with others, beware of dressings with hidden sugar content!
3. Add high-fat extras
On a keto diet, it never hurts to give your meal a little extra fat content.
When ordering, consider including some high-fat extras as toppings or sides. Some good examples include jack cheese, bleu cheese crumbles, bacon, and whipped butter.
4. Pick smart sides
There are several keto side options for you to choose from, so pick wisely!
Order low-carb veggies like green beans or fresh vegetables, side salads, or sautéed mushrooms.
Other side dishes are starchy, high in carbs, and not keto-approved.
5. Focus on protein
The protein component of your Texas Roadhouse order is going to fill you up and provide a good base for your meal.
Begin with a quality protein and build from there.
Here are a few answers to the most frequently asked questions about eating keto at Texas Roadhouse. If you don't see your question in this list, please leave it for me in the comments.
Unfortunately, the Texas red chili is far from keto-friendly; it contains beans that are very high in carbohydrates.
Instead of chili, try ordering a low-carb side like a caesar salad.
Texas Roadhouse steak does contain carbs. Different cuts contain various carb counts based on how they are prepared (ranging between 1g and 6g net carbs).
The Texas Roadhouse greens beans can be eaten on a keto diet, though they are the highest-carb side option on our list.
With 11g net carbs, your daily carb allotment may be better spent elsewhere, but that's up to you to decide!
The leanest steak at Texas Roadhouse is the Dallas filet. It's lean, tender, and contains just 6g net carbs.
If reading all about eating keto at Texas Roadhouse has you craving Southwestern cuisine, here are some low-carb recipes you can make at home! All of them will effectively replace anything you can order at the chain.
- Keto Chimichurri Flank Steak is perfectly seasoned with herby chimichurri sauce.
- Southwest Steak Salad is healthy and delicious with spicy avocado dressing.
- Keto Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe is the perfect lunch food with homemade ranch dressing.
- Southwest Casserole is made with ground beef and black soybeans for a protein-packed meal.
- Keto Short Ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender, prepped simply in an Instant Pot or slow cooker.