This crunchy, sugar free keto granola is perfect to enjoy as a delicious breakfast or snack. And it takes less than 25 minutes to prep and bake!
Looking for a delicious breakfast or snack option? This grain free granola is just what you need!
This tasty recipe is made from wholesome ingredients and is completely sugar free. It’s perfect in a bowl of almond milk, crumbled over low-carb yogurt, or all on its own.
And it’s so easy to make. You simply toss the ingredients together, then bake in the oven. It takes less than 20 minutes total!
When you want something quick and nutritious, this crunchy keto friendly cereal is a great recipe to try.
What is keto granola
If you’re familiar with traditional granola, you know that rolled oats are the main ingredient. It also includes a sweetener, like honey or brown sugar.
Unfortunately, these ingredients aren’t very keto friendly.
So to make this low carb granola, we use nuts, seeds, and a delicious sugar free honey flavored syrup instead!
I love the sweet, candy-like coating we get from baking the honey into the granola. It isn’t overly sweet, it’s just the right balance.
The combination of the nuts, seeds, and baked honey coating gives each bite that satisfying crunch we want from granola.
It has a rich, honey nut taste that goes well in almond milk or yogurt. But you can also enjoy it all by itself!
How to make low carb granola
This recipe could not be easier. Simply combine the ingredients and bake!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Toss until everything is well-coated.
- Spread out the mixture on greased or lined baking sheet in an even, single layer.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly brown and toasted.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
Once the granola has cooled, simply break it up into pieces to serve. Any extra can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Is honey keto
We all know that we should avoid sugar when following a low carb diet. But what about eating honey on keto?
Honey does contain antioxidants and nutrients you won’t find in sugar. However, one tablespoon contains 17 grams of net carbs. This makes it a poor choice for anyone counting carbs.
So instead, I use Pyure Sugar-Free Harmless Hunny!
This syrup tastes just like real honey and has the perfect, thick texture we need to bind the granola. And there are only 4 net carbs per tablespoon.
Are pumpkin seeds keto
The bulk of this keto granola recipe is made up of nuts and seeds.
So you may be wondering if ingredients like pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, are keto friendly.
This recipe calls for a ½ cup of pumpkin seeds, which will have 17 grams of total carbs. There are also 12 grams of fiber, leaving us with 5 net carbs.
There are 10 servings in this recipe, so that’s only 0.5 net carbs per serving from the pumpkin seeds!
So are sunflower seeds keto as well? The ¼ cup in the recipe will have 7 grams of total carbs and 3 grams of fiber for 4 net carbs in the whole recipe.
Both pumpkin and sunflower seeds are perfect ingredients for your low carb granola!
This low carb granola can be customized based on your tastes or by what you have on hand.
Feel free to play around with the quantities of nuts and seeds used. Almonds, cashews, or macadamia nuts could all be great in this granola!
And of course, the syrup is a fun way to play around with the taste.
This recipe could be considered a honey nut flavor, but I also think a maple walnut would be delicious. Simply use Pyure Organic Maple Syrup Alternative in place of the honey.
If you try any variations you love, be sure to let us know in the comments below!
Other recipes to try
Looking for more delicious keto breakfast recipes to start your day the right way? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Keto Coconut Flour Crepes made with coconut flour are so delicious and can be filled with all your favorite fillings!
- Low-Carb Muesli is another keto option for a sweet and crunchy breakfast cereal.
- Keto Banana Muffins are high in fats, low in sugar, and so delicious!
- Coconut Porridge is a cozy hot cereal that’s high in fiber and so easy to make.
- Almond Flour Waffles are simple to make and amazing served with sugar free syrup and your favorite toppings!
Low-Carb Keto Granola
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl, and toss to coat well.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a single layer on a well greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until toasted.
- Let the granola sit and cool to room temperature.
- Break the granola up and serve. Keep uneaten granola in an airtight container in the fridge.
Array ( [serving_unit] => cup [serving_size] => 0.33 [calories] => 186 [carbohydrates] => 10 [protein] => 5 [fat] => 16 [saturated_fat] => 2 [sodium] => 2 [potassium] => 141 [fiber] => 7 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_c] => 1 [calcium] => 57 [iron] => 1 )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.