Everyone loves these super moist keto chocolate zucchini brownies. Topped with a sugar-free frosting, these low carb brownies are sure to be a hit with friends and family.
My daughter asked me to make some brownies for her. So I created this recipe to see if she noticed that it was a low carb treat.
She went nuts over the frosting and licked the beaters clean. After she found out it was keto friendly, she told me to post the recipe on this blog because it was excellent.
In fact, everyone who ate one of these chocolate zucchini brownies were shocked to find out it had no sugar added. This recipe is a keeper and it’s perfect for when you have a garden full of summer squash.
How to make the brownies
These moist keto brownies are so easy to prepare. Just combine the batter ingredients, spread into a pan, then bake. For extra decadence, you can top them off with an optional low carb chocolate frosting.
Preparing the batter
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and unsweetened cocoa powder together in a large bowl.
- Combine low carb sweetener, oil, vanilla, and eggs together in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the dry mix into the wet mixture.
- Fold in drained grated zucchini and keto chocolate chips.
Baking and frosting
- Spread the batter into a pan and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until done.
- Prepare the frosting by beating together butter, sweeteners, cocoa powder, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
- Spread the frosting onto cooled brownies.
- Slice and serve!
Carbs per serving
If you make these chocolate zucchini brownies in a square pan, you’ll get 9 squares. Each frosted square has about 4g net carbs each. Omitting the frosting will reduce the carbs to just 2g net carbs or 6g total.
In comparison, regular frosted brownies typically have 50 to 65 grams of net carbs. That’s a huge difference!
More sweet zucchini recipes
If you’d like to try a few more low carb sweets featuring zucchini, check out some of these other recipes:
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread can be whipped up quickly when you want an easy snack.
- Low Carb Chocolate Cake is a moist and delicious cake made with coconut flour.
- Apple Fritter Bread uses the green summer squash as a mock apple to keep carbs low.
- Keto Apple Crisp is another delicious dessert that uses zucchini instead of apples.
- Chocolate Zucchini Cookies are a great way to sneak in this versatile vegetable into a sweet snack.
Chocolate Zucchini Low Carb Brownies
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners Powdered Sweetener
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or more as needed to thin consistency
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon stevia extract powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan or similar sized pan.
- Mix low carb sweetener, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together then stir into to wet mixture. Mixture will be very thick.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spread into greased pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with electric mixer until well blended.
- If desired, top brownies with frosting after they are cool.
Array ( [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 229 [carbohydrates] => 10 [protein] => 6 [fat] => 17 [saturated_fat] => 8 [monounsaturated_fat] => 1 [cholesterol] => 33 [sodium] => 188 [potassium] => 133 [fiber] => 6 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 200 [vitamin_c] => 3.3 [calcium] => 30 [iron] => 2.5 [serving_unit] => square )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: July 18, 2010… Last Updated: May 13, 2020