Preorder my 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook featuring over 120 simple recipes and get over 45 bonus recipes to use NOW!
Everyone loves these super moist chocolate zucchini low carb brownies. Topped with a sugar-free chocolate frosting, these zucchini brownies are a winner.
My daughter asked me to make some zucchini brownies for her. I didn’t tell her they were sugar-free and low carb.
She went nuts over the frosting and licked the beaters clean. After she found out it was sugar free, she told me to post the recipe on this blog because it was excellent.
Everyone who ate one of these chocolate zucchini low carb brownies were shocked to find out it had no sugar added. This recipe is a keeper for using up the garden zucchini which is the ingredient that makes the brownies very moist.
How to make keto zucchini brownies
These moist brownies are so easy to prepare. Just combine the batter ingredients, spread into a pan, then bake. For extra decadence, you can top them off with optional low carb chocolate frosting.
Making the batter
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and unsweetened cocoa powder together in a large bowl.
- Combine low carb sweetener, oil, vanilla, and eggs together in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the dry mix into the wet mixture.
- Fold in drained grated zucchini and keto chocolate chips.
Baking and frosting
- Spread the batter into a pan and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until done.
- Prepare the frosting by beating together butter, sweeteners, cocoa powder, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
- Spread the frosting onto cooled brownies.
- Slice and serve!
Carbs per serving
If you make in a square pan and slice into 9 squares, each frosted square has about 4g net carbs each. Omitting the frosting will reduce the carbs to just 2g net carbs or 6g total.
More zucchini recipes
And, if you need a few more low carb recipes to use up all those garden zucchini, check out some of these other recipes:
- Baked Zucchini Chips
- Zucchini Gratin
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Turkey Zucchini Meatballs
- Oven Fried Zucchini Bites
If you want to make the the ultimate chocolate zucchini dessert, you must give the low carb chocolate cake a try. It’s also super moist thanks to the added zucchini.
Chocolate Zucchini Low Carb Brownies
- 1 cup grated zucchini excess liquid removed
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup low carb sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 egg beaten (use 2 eggs for more cake-like texture)
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners Powdered Sweetener
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or more as needed to thin consistency
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan or similar sized pan.
- Mix low carb sweetener, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together then stir into to wet mixture. Mixture will be very thick.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spread into greased pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with electric mixer until well blended.
- If desired, top brownies with frosting after they are cool.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.