Take the ordinary up a couple notches with this nutty cheese crisps recipe. These popular keto snacks are even better with nuts and chocolate added on top!
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Although I’ve cut back significantly on dairy, I still like to enjoy a little cheese. It’s just such a great keto snack.
If you like the popular Parmesan Crisps, you’re going to love the recipe I’m sharing today. It’s a dressed up version of low carb cheese chips.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, I’m bringing you a nutty cheese crisps recipe that you’ll want to share with your significant other.
Since chocolate is one of the foods that goes with love, it’s drizzled on top of these crispy low carb treats.
But, you can certainly leave it out if you prefer. The drizzle really dresses them up, though.
The crisps can be formed into any shape you’d like. Either free formed or using a mold.
And, feel free to use your favorite cheese. Mine are made with Edam and sharp cheddar which are my faves.
Looking to give your Valentine something a little different this year? You must make up a batch of these nutty cheese crisps recipe.
The great thing is that you make the chips in any size and shape you’d like. I think these would be great to serve at Christmas too.
You can also change up the nuts and even replace them with seeds if there’s a nut allergy. However, I think the almonds and hazelnuts are a great combo in these nutty cheese crisps.
For something a bit quicker, you could try the chicken and shrimp stir-fry.
Want an easier edible gift for your Valentine? Grab some Nui Cookies!
Kitchen Accessories Used
Here’s a list of items that are helpful to have on hand to make the recipe:
- Pancake Molds in Desired Shapes
- Food Processor / Grater / Chopper
- Pan or Oven safe bowl / Double Broiler / Chocolate Melter
- Disposable Plastic or Icing Set
★ Follow Me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more keto friendly recipe ideas.
★ Sign up for my NEWSLETTER to get the latest updates and a FREE Meal Plan.
Nutty Cheese Crisps
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup Edam cheese grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated (sharp or mild)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hazelnuts chopped or crushed
- 1 tablespoon almond slivers
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 40 grams sugar free chocolate bar
- In a platter or bowl, mix grated Edam cheese and cheddar cheese.
- In molds or parchment paper lined shaped pan, spread combined cheeses. (You can also just sprinkle in free form rounds on the pan) Top with almond shavings and sprinkle hazelnuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 5 to 8 minutes. Avoid burning the sides. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes then slowly remove cheese from parchment paper and transfer to a platter.
- In another pan or oven safe bowl, pour heavy cream and add chocolate bar. Heat in the oven just before removing cheese pans. Allow for chocolate bar to melt, about 2 to 4 minutes. Opt to use a microwave, double broiler or chocolate melter for melting chocolates.
- Transfer melted chocolates into a disposable plastic or icing dispenser. Cut a small hole on the plastic or use a small tip for the icing dispenser.
- Drizzle melted chocolates on the nutty cheese crisps.
Join my Facebook Group for help with recipes and weight loss support!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.