This egg bake with ham is a low-carb, make-ahead recipe that can help make your mornings fuss-free and delicious. Make this dish to impress your guests at your next brunch, too!
Why you'll love it
What do you do with leftover ham? You turn it into a delicious ham and cheese egg bake, of course!
This egg bake with ham is naturally high in protein and low in carbs. It makes enough to feed an entire family, but you can also keep it in the refrigerator and eat it for breakfast all week long.
This cheese breakfast casserole is filling, easy, and one of the best breakfast casseroles you can make.
There are just six simple ingredients in this easy ham and cheese egg casserole recipe.
This is the base of the recipe. Use as many as you need to make the casserole.
Use your favorite dairy-free milk. I used unsweetened almond milk, but you can also use coconut milk.
Salt and pepper
Use just enough of these seasonings to flavor the casserole.
Use leftover chopped ham in your casserole. Make sure it is unsweetened and unglazed. You can even pick up some diced ham from the deli!
You will need some shredded cheddar cheese. Mix in some parmesan cheese for a deeper flavor. Or, you can use any kind of shredded cheese you like!
Please note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low-carb recipe.
- Make it ahead. The casserole can be made the night before and baked in the morning.
- Bake until it is browned on top.
- Add bacon for extra crunch. This adds some texture and a little more flavor as well.
This is one of the easiest breakfast casseroles you will ever make. Here's how to do just that.
Mix the ingredients
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together, except for the ham and cheese.
Place in dish and bake
Spread a little bit of the egg mixture into the bottom of a square baking dish. Add ham and shredded cheese on top.
Pour egg mixture into your prepared baking dish. Make sure you add cooking spray first because the egg mixture will stick to the pan.
Add some sharp cheddar cheese on top. Then, just bake it until it is golden brown.
️ Serving suggestions
Although this low-carb casserole is a tasty meal on its own, you can add a few side dishes to turn this into a great brunch feast. Here are just some suggestions of what to serve alongside a breakfast casserole with ham:
- Fresh fruit, like blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.
- Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Donuts
- Keto Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls with Coconut Flour Fathead Dough
- Coconut Macadamia Bars
- Low Carb Carrot Cake Cream Cheese Muffins
- Coconut Flour Bread
- Bulletproof Tea
Before we get to the printable recipe card, here are some questions people often ask about how to make it.
Even if you have the best intentions, mornings can often feel rushed with no time for making a keto breakfast. But, overnight casserole recipes can be prepared in advance so that you only have to pop them into the oven the next morning.
This dish is one of my favorite low-carb ham recipes. Besides being convenient, another great thing about this keto breakfast casserole with ham is that you can customize it.
One of the reasons many people avoid eating eggs is because they believe eggs are bad for their cholesterol levels. However, according to research, scientists have found that blood levels of cholesterol levels are not linked to the amount of cholesterol you eat.
Eating eggs each day is completely fine for healthy individuals. And so is following an egg fast diet plan where you eat eggs for every meal!
After baking, any leftovers should be covered and refrigerated within two hours. The cooked breakfast casserole with ham will keep for three to four days in the refrigerator.
If you won’t be consuming the leftovers within three to four days, then you should freeze the casserole.
Divide the leftovers into single servings or family-sized servings and place them into airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
You can also prepare the breakfast casserole ahead of time and freeze it without baking it first.
There are two ways to freeze the unbaked casserole:
1. Build your casserole in an oven-safe dish, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, and place it in the freezer.
2. Line your baking dish with aluminum foil. Build the casserole in it, cover the entire dish with foil, and place it in the freezer. Once frozen, remove it from the dish, re-wrap the casserole tightly in plastic wrap and foil, then place it back into the freezer.
Baked and unbaked casseroles can both be kept in the freezer for at least two months.
To reheat a frozen egg bake with ham:
Thaw the casserole in the refrigerator overnight. Bake at 350ºF for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
To heat a frozen unbaked casserole:
Wrap the casserole dish tightly in aluminum foil and leave it in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning, bake the casserole according to the recipe instructions.
Note: If casserole was not frozen in a dish, unwrap it and place it in an oven-safe dish before thawing.
Looking for other low-carb casseroles to make for your family or for yourself as an easy breakfast? Be sure to check out these gluten-free keto breakfast recipes. They are some of my favorites!
- Keto Crustless Egg Quiche is a fantastic weekend breakfast or a fancy brunch recipe.
- Low Carb Breakfast Muffins are made with cottage cheese for a protein boost when you need it the most.
- Almond Flour Keto Scones are bursting with cranberries and sweet orange flavors for a tasty grab-and-go breakfast.
- Bacon Egg Muffins are a yummy breakfast that only requires three ingredients to make. Perfect for a low-carb meal on the go!
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls are best served warm with melted cream cheese icing on top for an incredible morning treat.
Follow us on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and INSTAGRAM for even more tasty keto-friendly recipes!
Easy Egg Bake With Ham And Cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk beverage
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked ham diced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, low carb milk, salt, and pepper. Pour a small amount into a greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle the ham and cheese over the egg layer. Then pour in the rest of the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until browned on top.
Low Carb Sweeteners | Keto Sweetener Conversion Chart
Array ( [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 197 [carbohydrates] => 1 [protein] => 16 [fat] => 14 [saturated_fat] => 7 [cholesterol] => 185 [sodium] => 601 [potassium] => 147 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 455 [vitamin_c] => 5.9 [calcium] => 238 [iron] => 1 [serving_unit] => square )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First published on June 10, 2019. Post updated on May 10, 2022, with additional recipe information and new photos.
This is so easy, and such a great make-ahead breakfast for the week!
I love the idea of an overnight casserole for a breakfast dish. Looks amazing!
I love eggs in the morning and can have this casserole every single day! So delicious!
Nice to have a dairy-free/milk-free option that still has cheese! This looks great!
Ham, cheese and eggs? I am in
Having a good breakfast casserole at the ready is so key. I can see having a few of these in the freezer at all times!
Sounds like an easy delicious breakfast, or breakfast for dinner! 🙂
Such a great basic recipe!! With some sauteed veg, this is a perfect way to start my day, thanks!
What a great brunch recipe! So easy to make and feeds a crowd!
Love this it's quick and easy for a week's worth of breakfast