Make this crustless keto quiche recipe on the weekend to enjoy for a simple brunch. Or even better, use it for easy egg fast meals during the week!
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join the Low Carb Yum email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Quiche is a meal that works well for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, although, its versatility is just one of the many reasons to love it. The fact that crustless quiche is one of the best easy keto meals is why it is one of my favorites.
Keto meal prep is a fantastic way to save time during busy weeks, especially during the school year. If you spend time on the weekend making an egg and cheese crustless quiche, you can use it for quick meals early in the week.
How long does crustless quiche last?
One of the biggest problems with leftover quiche is that the crust becomes soggy in the refrigerator. Fortunately, that is not a problem you will have with crustless quiche!
Ideally though, you will want to eat crustless quiche within 3 to 4 days for the best flavour.
What goes well in low carb quiche?
My low carb quiche is made to be egg fast friendly, so you won’t need to add anything to it. It has the perfect ratio of eggs, fat, and cheese.
Besides, I like the simplicity of a basic egg and cheese quiche, but honestly, there are a lot of ways to customize it.
In order for it to be a keto and low carb quiche, the best options are pre-cooked meats and fresh cheeses. That being said, here are some delicious options for crustless quiche:
- Meats – Ham, sausage, chorizo, pepperoni, and chicken are all delicious in quiche! Just make sure to use pre-cooked meats.
- Low Carb Veggies – Good choices for low carb vegetables include broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, and zucchini. All varieties of olives are low carb as well but technically, olives are a fruit.
- Cheese – When it comes to cheese, the sky is the limit! Use as much of your favorite cheese as you wish. I use an entire 8 ounce block of cheddar cheese in the crustless quiche recipe!
NOTE: It’s best to grate the cheese yourself. This is because pre-shredded cheese contains anti-caking powder that can be high in carbs.
I use a food processor to grate cheese, but a box or hand grater will do. I use the food processor to blend up the egg mix too. If you don’t have a food processor, you can just use a blender or hand mixer.
Other Easy Keto Meals
Incidentally, if you have extra eggs that you want to use, cloud bread is another fantastic keto meal prep idea. It is perfect for a quick snack. I also like to make keto egg salad sandwiches with them.
Can you freeze quiche?
With or without a crust, quiche is very freezer-friendly. As a result, it is a great option for make-ahead meals!
If you plan to freeze your quiche, be sure that it is completely cool before you place it in the freezer. Otherwise, condensation will form on the underside of the aluminum foil or lid to your freezer-safe container.
The condensation will eventually drop onto the surface of the quiche, causing freezer burn to form on the surface.
How do you reheat crustless quiche?
If you want to reheat an entire quiche, the best way to do so is in an oven. For a frozen crustless quiche, place it into your refrigerator and be sure that it is completely thaw before reheating.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- If you are reheating the quiche in the pan you baked it in, just place the pan onto a cookie sheet.
- Cover the quiche lightly with aluminum foil. This will prevent the quiche from burning.
- Heat the quiche at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Egg and Cheese Keto Quiche
I hope you enjoy this simple crustless quiche recipe. After you finish prepping easy keto meals for the week, you may want to try out some of these other recipes:
★ Follow Me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more low carb recipe ideas.
★ Sign up for the Low Carb Yum NEWSLETTER for the latest updates and a FREE Meal Plan.
Egg and Cheese Quiche
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese grated and divided
- 12 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 12 tablespoons butter melted (I used unsalted)
- salt and pepper to taste optional
- Dump all but about a half cup of the cheese into a 9.5-inch pie pan.
- Add eggs and cream cheese to a food processor or blender.
- Process eggs and cream while slowly pouring in melted butter.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese in pie pan.
- Sprinkle reserved grated cheese over top.
- Bake at 325°F for about 45 minutes or until outside is set and middle is only a little jiggly.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack for a few minutes before slicing.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to a week or freezer for longer storage.
Join the Low Carb Yum Facebook Group for help with recipes and weight loss support!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.