There’s no need to load keto sausage balls with cheese. If you’ve gone dairy-free, you’ll love that these meatballs made with almond flour are low-carb, gluten-free, and paleo friendly too.
For a crowd pleasing appetizer, change up the meat in your meatballs with sausage. Not only do these balls make a great appetizer, they are perfect for breakfast too!
You can make these tasty meatballs way in advance because they freeze well. And you can freeze them either cooked or uncooked. But they last longer if frozen uncooked.
One thing you may notice in these low carb sausage balls is that there’s no cheese. That’s because there’s plenty of flavor from the sausage and seasonings. But you can always choose to add it in if you’d like.
The recipe is really easy. However, it takes a little time to form the balls. So you’ll want to make them when you aren’t not pressed for time. It’s a great item to add for your weekend meal preparation!
Steps to make keto sausage balls
First, you’ll want to grab a large mixing bowl to dump all the ingredients into.
1. Add in the ground sausage and egg first. Then pour in almond flour Italian seasonings, and garlic powder.
2. After adding in the seasonings, it’s time to blend everything together. You can mix with either your hands or a rubber spatula.
3. Once you’ve blended the ingredients in the bowl, form the mixture into balls using your hands or a meat baller.
4. After placing all the balls on a lined baking sheet, bake them for about 20 minutes.
Dipping sauce for low carb sausage balls
More appetizer recipes
Planning a party or get together with friends and family watching carbs? You’ll want to have a variety of low carb finger foods. Here’s some of my favorites:
- Salt and Vinegar Wings combine that saltiness you crave with the tanginess of vinegar.
- Cucumber Sandwiches with Cream Cheese are a popular tea party item. But there’s no reason not to serve them at other gatherings!
- Taco Dip With Meat can be served with lettuce wraps. Or serve them with a batch of low carb tortilla chips!
Keto Dairy Free Sausage Balls
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- 2 to 4 cups grated cheese cheddar works well
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients, and mix together well using your hands.
- Form the meat mixture into 16 even sized balls, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the sausage balls for 20 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Let cool for several minutes before serving with your favorite keto-friendly dipping sauce.
Array ( [calories] => 152 [carbohydrates] => 3 [protein] => 7 [fat] => 13 [saturated_fat] => 3 [cholesterol] => 34 [sodium] => 259 [potassium] => 128 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 40 [vitamin_c] => 1 [calcium] => 49 [iron] => 1 )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.