You’ll never believe how easy it is to make this crock pot keto lemon cake dessert! The low carb cake is absolutely delicious served warm with whipped cream and berries. It’s also great eaten cold straight from the refrigerator.
Most crockpot recipes are for dishes like shredded meat, pot roasts, chilis, or stews. But did you know that you can make a cake in a crock pot?
Just like other crock pot recipes, the benefit is that it’s so convenient! After all, slow cookers are considered the “set it and forget it” kitchen appliance. Just add your ingredients and walk away.
This crockpot keto lemon cake is just as easy. Plus, it’s absolutely delicious!
Honestly, this recipe may be the easiest way you could possibly bake a cake. You’ll mix the dry cake ingredients, whisk together the wet cake ingredients, then combine them and pour into the slow cooker.
Next, combine the topping ingredients in a bowl, then pour over the cake batter. Add the lid, cook for a few hours, and you’re done!
Slow cookers are more forgiving than cooking in the oven. That’s why this recipe is so convenient. Your cake will turn out moist and flavorful every time!
What do you need to bake a crockpot cake?
I’ve seen a lot of crock pot cake recipes that require baking pans and extra racks or inserts. If you don’t have a rack or insert, they suggest putting the baking pan on top of crumpled aluminum foil.
This lemon crock pot cake doesn’t require anything except the crock pot itself!
You don’t need a baking pan, a rack, or an insert. You’ll simply line the slow cooker with aluminum foil, then pour in the lemon cake and the topping.
I know I said this already, but this might be the easiest cake recipe out there!
How to make a cake in a crock pot
The next time you need an easy recipe for a delicious dessert, you’re only a few steps away from an amazing lemon crockpot cake!
Preparing the batter
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together melted butter, whipping cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and egg until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well-combined.
- Spread the batter into a 2-4 quart slow cooker. Line the crock with foil or other liner for easier release. Pour sweetened lemon mixture on top
- Cover the crock pot and cook on high for about 2-3 hours.
The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Then, you’re ready to serve!
Serving the keto crockpot dessert
Once your low carb lemon cake is ready, you can serve it warm from the crock pot. I like to top mine with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
You can also store your cake in the refrigerator for later, which I highly recommend.
I’m not sure why, but cakes made with almond and coconut flour always seem to taste better after being refrigerated overnight.
Once you’re ready to enjoy, you can reheat the lemon cake or eat it straight from the refrigerator. I actually prefer mine cold!
Other recipes you may like
Looking for a few more easy low carb desserts that are sure to please a crowd? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Keto Instant Pot Cheesecake is a rich, decadent chocolate dessert that’s made in the pressure cooker instead of the oven!
- Low Carb Coconut Cake is fluffy, moist, and made with a cream cheese icing for a delicious treat that’s so easy to make.
- Keto Rice Pudding is another dessert you can whip up in the slow cooker for a convenient, delicious dish.
- Chocolate Zucchini Cookies sneak in a serving of vegetables to keep these cookies extra moist and rich.
- Keto Tiramisu is made from almond flour lady fingers and a rich custard layer that tastes just like the real thing!
You may also like these low carb chocolate strawberry cupcakes for a tasty keto treat.
Keto Lemon Crock Pot Cake
- 3 tablespoons Pyure all purpose or 3 tablespoons Swerve
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and xanthan gum in medium bowl.
- Whisk together butter, whipping cream, juice from the lemons, zest from lemons, and egg in large bowl.
- Add dry mix to wet mix and combine until well blended. Spread into 2-4 quart slow cooker crock lined with aluminum foil.
- Combine all topping ingredients in bowl and pour over cake batter in crock.
- Cover crock pot and cook on high setting about 2-3 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit and whipped cream, if desired.
Array ( [calories] => 347 [carbohydrates] => 10 [protein] => 7 [fat] => 32 [sodium] => 171 [fiber] => 5 [saturated_fat] => 15 [cholesterol] => 99 [potassium] => 127 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 720 [vitamin_c] => 1 [calcium] => 107 [iron] => 1 )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: July 6, 2015… Last Updated: April 6, 2020