There’s no need to load up wings with a high carb coating. These crispy garlic parmesan chicken wings are healthier and just as tasty.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
One of the things that a lot of people look forward to in the fall are watching football. Although I’ve never been a big fan, I love getting together with friends on game day to socialize. And low carb appetizers are always in order for these get togethers.
Wings are always a favorite. I like to make air fryer chicken wings that are drenched in buffalo sauce. Sure they are messy, but that’s why there’s always plenty of napkins available. My dry rub hot wings are a great alternative with less mess.
Baked teriyaki wings are another favorite recipe that I like to make for snacking. However, they are pretty messy too. That’s why I came up with this cleaner eating garlic parmesan chicken wings recipe. It has a crispy dry coating that won’t make a mess eating them.
Crispy Oven Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings Ingredients
The great thing about these cleaner to eat wings is that you only need a handful of ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to make the keto friendly recipe:
- A dozen chicken wingettes and or drummets – the smaller wing pieces separated at the joints with the tips discarded
- Melted butter – feel free to replace this with olive oil, butter flavored coconut oil, or ghee for dairy-free
- Crushed pork rinds – I like to use crushed pork rinds for the “breading” in these garlic parmesan chicken wings. But almond flour or coconut flour or a mix of both flours can be a good alternative.
- Parmesan cheese – for true parmesan wings this is a key ingredient. But, if you are dairy-free, there are non-dairy parmesan cheese products that could be used. Nutritional yeast is another option for a cheesy taste without dairy.
- Seasonings – I use a mix of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. However, feel free to change these up to vary the flavor.
How to make parmesan chicken wings in the oven
It’s really easy to make up a batch of the wings. And you can prepare them in advance and store them in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to use.
Here’s how I make my crispy garlic parmesan wings:
- Mix the crushed pork rinds, cheese, and seasonings on a plate.
- Drench each piece in butter. If the chicken is cold, the butter will harden up. So I’ve found it’s best to dip the chicken quickly in melted butter to coat.
- Press each piece of chicken into the dry mixture until well coated
- Lay out on a rack on top of a baking pan. This allows air to circulate around each piece in the oven. Alternatively, the wings can be baked in an air fryer.
- Bake the parmesan chicken wings at 375°F for about 35-40 minutes until browned and meat is fully cooked. If using an air fryer, they should cook up faster.
Serving crispy garlic chicken wings
There’s no need to serve the wings with a sauce. But there are some options if you’d like to offer for dipping them into.
Enjoy this easy and tasty appetizer! And be sure to leave a comment and rating if you do try the recipe to let us know how they turned out.
If you like easy baked dishes, give the keto stuffed chicken breast recipe a try. It’s just asparagus in wrapped in chicken with a balsamic dressing.
★ Follow Me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more keto friendly recipe ideas.
★ Sign up for my NEWSLETTER to get the latest updates and a FREE Meal Plan.
Oven Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 pieces chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 2 tablespoons butter melted (or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup pork rinds measured crushed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken wing pieces in a medium bowl and coat with melted butter. (If chicken is cold, butter will tend to solidify. Alternatively, each piece can be dipped into melted butter, then pressed into coating.)
- On plate, mix crushed pork rinds, shredded parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Press each chicken wing piece into the parmesan cheese mixture until well coated. Place in a single layer on a rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes or until browned and meat is fully cooked.
Join my Facebook Group for help with recipes and weight loss support!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.