Discover how easy it is to make your own keto egg bites right in your Instant Pot! They are just as delicious as the sous vide ones at Starbucks but don't have the high cost. This delicious finger food is perfect for a snack or breakfast on the go.
This is a great recipe to use for meal prep so you'll have a breakfast ready to go on busy mornings. Just make a big batch to keep in the refrigerator or freezer to reheat quickly when you need a quick grab and go meal to start your day.
These delicious breakfast egg bites are keto-friendly and low-carb with plenty of healthy fats. They will keep you full until your next meal without loading your diet with unnecessary carbs.
I love to make these ahead of time for a fast and healthy breakfast or a quick treat to have during the day when hunger hits. Even kids will enjoy these low-carb egg bites!
To make these tasty egg treats, you will need only a handful of ingredients. And, if you follow the keto diet, you most likely already have these available to you!
Obviously, the most important ingredient in this recipe, eggs, make up the bulk of ingredients and help these bites not only hold together but add nutrition as well.
Although you can make them with just egg whites, whole eggs are best for a ketogenic diet because the yolks have all the fat.
Heavy cream helps to thin out the egg mixture so that it’s easier to pour. It also helps minimize the eggs’ rubberiness, creating a lighter, airier, more tender bite.
Cheese adds a punch of flavor to these keto egg bites, making them extra delicious and rich! The cheese also helps everything to hold together and remain solid, even after storing in the fridge.
I like to use cheddar cheese but Swiss cheese tastes great too.
Cooked chopped bacon adds a bunch of smoky and rich flavor to the dish. The delicious combination of eggs and bacon is perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Adding just the slightest touch of tanginess to the recipe, cream cheese makes these bites extra creamy. Plus, it adds plenty of fat resulting in a very filling and hearty keto snack. Cottage cheese can also be used instead.
Salt is an absolute must and helps to bring out all of the other flavors. You can replace or substitute a lot of ingredients, but salt is a necessity!
Use baby spinach to add a bit of greenery to these bites and help you get in some extra veggies. Spinach goes very well with bacon and eggs – all of the flavors complement one another!
Please note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low-carb recipe.
- Use a different meat. If you do not have bacon, you could use your favorite keto-friendly breakfast sausage instead. Just make sure to cook it before adding it to the recipe.
- Cook just until done. Be careful not to overcook these egg bites, or they will turn out too firm and rubbery.
- Try different flavor combinations. You can change this recipe up by adding in other types of spices for an array of different flavors.
- Fill each silicone mold only three fourths full. Make sure not to overfill the silicone egg molds. Otherwise, it the top of the eggs may get too wet, resulting in soggy and moist bites.
This easy egg bites recipe is simple to make and requires very minimal prep work. You can easily throw them together and cook in the Instant Pot as you do other things!
For the full list of ingredients and exact instructions, scroll to the bottom of the post. But first, here are some tips, along with a quick overview of the recipe.
To make these keto egg bites in the Instant Pot, start by blending everything together in a blender. Pulse a few times to make sure everything is incorporated and smooth.
Pour into molds
Divide the mixture into 14 silicone egg bite molds with plenty of space at the top. Secure the top to keep the egg mixture from being introduced to water while cooking.
Add water to the Instant Pot as well as the trivet and stack the molds on top.
Add the lid to the Instant Pot and make sure that it is tightly sealed. Set the instant pot to steam and cook the bites for 7 to 10 minutes. They usually are done around 8 to 9 minutes.
Remove from molds
Carefully remove the egg bites to have immediately, or allow them to cool before storing for later.
️ Serving suggestions
These keto-friendly egg bites are full of protein and fat, so they really are substantial on their own.
However, if you want to add a little sweetness to the savory, try these bites with a side of toasted low-carb bread covered in some sugar-free raspberry jam. They taste great with some hot sauce on top too!
Or, if you are a fan of savory, kick up the saltiness even more with homemade sausage balls.
Before we get to the printable recipe card, here are some questions people often ask about the recipe.
These mini egg muffins can be kept in the fridge for up to one week if stored in an airtight container. Make sure to leave them out just long enough for them to cool down before putting them in the fridge. The longer eggs sit out, the shorter the shelf life they will have.
To store them for longer, you can freeze these bites for up to 3 months if kept airtight. To reheat, you can place them in the microwave.
Yes, these delicious egg bites are good for you! They are little protein bombs between the eggs and bacon. They are also high in fat from the cheese, heavy cream, and cream cheese, which is great on a keto diet.
If you want to add even more flavor to these bites or bulk them up a bit, you can add in your favorite low-carb vegetables. Some tasty options would be mushrooms, green bell peppers, celery, and tomato. You could also add in some extra spices for more flavor!
If you enjoyed this recipe for keto egg bites in the instant pot, you might also like these other keto breakfast recipes. These are all delicious, and I make them regularly!
- Cinnamon Keto Waffles With Pancake Mix are simply sweet and perfect for a low-carb breakfast or brunch.
- Chocolate Donuts Recipe With Sugar-Free Glaze makes delicious donuts just as tasty as the original - but keto-friendly and sugar-free.
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls made with coconut flour flatbread dough are a fast keto-friendly breakfast.
- Coconut Flour Turmeric Muffins are low-carb and are so easy to make for a fast and healthy breakfast on the go!
- Keto Chaffles Recipe makes a deliciously cheesy, savory, and low-carb breakfast or brunch.
Keto Egg Bites (Instant Pot Sous Vide)
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce baby spinach
- Grease each egg bite mold if needed.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse for 10 to 20 seconds until everything is combined.
- Divide mixture between 14 silicone egg bite molds. Each mold should be about ¾ full. Clip on the lids so there isn't any excess steam getting into the egg mixture as it cooks.
- Pour 1 ¼ cup of water into the Instant Pot (an 8-quart works best, but a 6-quart can be used). Place the trivet into the pot and stack the egg molds on top.
- Lock on the lid and place the valve into the sealing position. Set to steaming for 7 to 10 minutes. I find 8 to 9 minutes works well. After the time is up, place valve to vent for a quick pressure release.
- Remove egg bite molds from the Instant Pot then remove the lids. Scoop each egg bite out of it's mold with a spoon and enjoy.
Array ( [serving_unit] => bites [serving_size] => 2 [calories] => 227 [carbohydrates] => 2 [protein] => 10 [fat] => 20 [saturated_fat] => 10 [polyunsaturated_fat] => 2 [monounsaturated_fat] => 7 [trans_fat] => 1 [cholesterol] => 157 [sodium] => 366 [potassium] => 128 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 989 [vitamin_c] => 1 [calcium] => 123 [iron] => 1 )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.