A very quick to prepare low carb chicken casserole that is made completely from scratch without relying on a canned soup base.
I had been looking for a chicken broccoli casserole that doesn’t use any canned soup which typically contains starches that aren’t appropriate for a lower carb diet. This recipe was adapted from a fairly old cookbook that I stumbled upon. I added some parmesan cheese because I like the flavor it brings to both chicken and broccoli. Next time, I may sprinkle some crushed pork rinds on top to give it a little crusty topping.
- 1 ½ lbs boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- 1 6.5 ounce can mushroom sliced
- ½ cup white cooking wine?8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Slice chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Cook chicken with garlic and onion in olive oil and butter until no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Pour into 9×13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
Carbs per serving: 4.5g