No need to miss pasta on a low carb diet with this tasty broccoli shrimp spaghetti squash Alfredo. And, it’s quick and easy to prepare.
When my parents stopped by to wish me a happy birthday a couple weeks ago, they came bearing gifts. They know that I’m a big foodie so they brought me eggs, cabbage, and spaghetti squash. Three of my favorite low carb ingredients.
My mother picked these up at a food stand in the small town I live in. They realized it was just too much for them. Not wanting the food to go to waste, I gladly accepted.
The spaghetti squash was a high quality organic variety. But, they were very small. I decided to make a broccoli shrimp spaghetti squash Alfredo with them.
I cooked the spaghetti squash in my Instant Pot. It’s my favorite method and it cooks up pretty fast under pressure. Unfortunately, I haven’t had a lot of time to experiment with this new appliance.
You don’t need a lot of time to make this simple low carb broccoli shrimp spaghetti squash Alfredo dish. It cooks up quickly in a skillet. I actually made this dish after coming home from a long 12 hour work day.
To make things even easier, I used chopped frozen broccoli. My shrimp was pre-cooked too as it was leftover frozen cocktail shrimp. I didn’t even bother removing the tail ends.
After a long day of work, this yummy broccoli shrimp spaghetti squash Alfredo really hit the spot. I even had tons of leftovers to enjoy the rest of the week so I didn’t have to cook. If you want an even faster Alfredo sauce, check out this one at Fluffy Chix Cook!
Low Carb Broccoli Shrimp Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Shrimp Spaghetti Squash Alfredo with Broccoli
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 pound broccoli chopped (fresh or frozen), steamed
- Strands from 1 medium roasted spaghetti squash or 2 small
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for one minute.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until pink. Remove shrimp and keep warm.
- Add remaining butter, water, cream cheese, an parmesan into pan and stir until well combined. Remove from heat once butter and cream have melted.
- Stir in shrimp and broccoli.
- Add in spaghetti squash.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
About LisaLisa has been creating low carb recipes for herself and sharing them with others since 2010. She loves to experiment in the kitchen and find new ways to create low sugar foods that taste like high carb favorites! Her recipes have been featured on popular magazine sites including Fitness, Shape, Country Living, Women's Health, and Men's Health. Lisa lives in Southeastern Connecticut. Connect with her and Low Carb Yum at: