This keto cream cheese bread is perfect for making sandwiches, topping with low carb jam, and so much more! Plus it comes together in 5 easy steps — no bread maker required.
If you’ve been missing bread on a low carb diet, you have to try this recipe!
You may have made others where the loaf came out really dense. But you won’t have to worry about that with this recipe!
This quick and easy keto cheese bread is made with almond flour and coconut flour. It’s less expensive than store bought versions and tastes much better thanks to the simple ingredients.
All you need is a food processor or hand mixer and a baking pan. Now, you can have your bread and eat it, too!
This may be one of the easiest low-carb bread recipes out there. Simply mix and bake!
- Make the batter. Using either a food processor or a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese and butter. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is well-combined.
- Transfer to a loaf pan. Pour the batter into a greased 8×4-inch bread pan.
- Bake and cool. Bake the batter at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until the loaf is firm and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Then place the loaf on a rack to cool completely.
Be sure to let the bread cool completely before slicing. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator and will stay fresh for about a week.
Using a Bread Machine
I’ve never made this keto cream cheese bread recipe in a bread machine. I don’t see a reason to get out another kitchen gadget when it’s so easy to make in the oven.
But you could probably make this recipe in a bread machine if you prefer. Just be sure to cook it on the quick bread cycle.
I like to slice this low-carb bread into 15 slices. At this size, each slice will have 3 grams of total carbohydrates and 1.2 grams of fiber. So each slice has about 1.8 net carbs.
This means you can enjoy your keto bread with moderate-carb toppings for some guilt-free indulgence. Slather on a few tablespoons of raspberry chia jam, or make yourself a big slice of avocado toast!
If you’ve never baked with cheese before, you may be wondering if your bread is going to turn out like a block of queso.
Actually, cheese is a great replacement for gluten. It provides that bit of elasticity we’re looking for in baked goods. Combined with low carb flours, it helps us achieve that light and fluffy texture we love.
This is often referred to as fat head dough in the keto community. It’s commonly used in keto deep dish pizza recipes. But you can also use it to make fathead breadsticks, low carb bagels, and even keto cinnamon rolls!
This fathead bread loaf uses the same concept of combining cheese and low carb flours. The result is a bread texture that’s perfect for sandwiches, toast, and more!
For this keto cheese bread recipe, I like to use zero carb Isopure unflavored protein to lighten up the texture. But if you don’t have whey protein or have a sensitivity to whey, you can easily replace it with more coconut or almond flour.
Adding some chia seeds or psyllium husk could make the batter more like bread dough. That way, you wouldn’t need to use a bread mold.
More Breads to Try
Looking for even more bread recipes that you can enjoy on keto? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Coconut Flour Banana Bread uses banana extract for a delicious low carb breakfast, snack, or dessert!
- Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread makes two full loaves so you can enjoy one now and freeze the other for later.
- Keto Cinnamon Bread is a sweet quick bread with a pound cake texture and no sugar added!
- Sesame Flour Bread is a fantastic bread alternative made with a nut-free low-carb flour.
- Keto Zucchini Bread is a sweet loaf made with cinnamon and chopped walnuts that’s flavorful, moist, simple to make, and gluten free!
It’s amazing how easy this keto cream cheese bread is to make. No crazy steps or kitchen gadgets! Just mix, bake, and slice.
The next time you’re craving a slice of bread to go with your eggs for breakfast or to soak up a delicious sauce at dinner, you have to give this simple recipe a try.
Low-Carb Cheese Bread
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- 5 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons unflavored whey protein
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum optional but recommended to prevent crumbling
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray or grease 8×4-inch bread pan if needed.
- Combine cream cheese and butter with mixer or in food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until well blended.
- Spread into bread pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Array ( [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 132 [carbohydrates] => 3 [protein] => 5.7 [fat] => 7.8 [sodium] => 236 [fiber] => 1.2 [serving_unit] => slice )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: August 17, 2015… Last Updated: July 15, 2020