For those cooking for only one or two people, a Dash mini waffle maker is perfect for portion control. These mini keto waffles recipes were created to yield only a couple servings so there’s no leftovers or overeating! But you can still make a double or triple batch to freeze some for later.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
When the chaffle craze hit in 2019, I had no desire to experiment with them. The primary reason is because I’ve been avoiding dairy so I try not to eat cheese. That’s why I decided to create a dairy-free chaffle alternative.
One of the things I like about chaffle recipes is that they are created for a small number of servings. Since I’m the only one in the house eating low carb, I often have too many leftovers.
By creating variations for a basic mini keto waffles recipe, you’ll have simple ways to make breakfast, add a bun to a burger, and make personal sized desserts. All you need is a handful of ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen and a mini waffle maker like the one made by Dash.
Ingredients for easy dairy-free keto waffles with coconut flour
You’ll get about four small 4-inch waffles using my basic recipe. To make them, you’ll need the following simple ingredients:
- Melted coconut oil provides the fat
- Canned coconut cream (or the cream taken from a can of coconut milk)
- An egg is needed as a binder, but I tested a psyllium egg and it works too.
- Coconut flour is the preferred gluten-free flour for light and fluffy low carb waffles
- Xanthan gum (you can omit this, but it gives the best texture)
- A small amount of salt is used to enhance the flavor
Making the basic mini waffle batter
- Melt the coconut oil and coconut cream together on the stove top or microwave.
- Beat in one egg.
- Stir in coconut flour, xanthan gum, and salt until well combined.
How to use a mini waffle maker
Before using, the waffle iron should be preheated for about 4 to 5 minutes. Most, including the Dash mini waffle maker, have a ready light to indicate when it’s hot enough to use. Then pour enough batter in to cover but leave a small space near the edges.
With just a few tweaks, I was able to create five variations of my easy keto friendly waffles. The majority of them are mini desserts made for two. But if you’re cooking for only one, you can stash the other away for later either in the refrigerator or freezer.
Garlic bread waffle
By adding in a little garlic powder and dried basil leaves, you can transform the basic recipe into a savory garlic bread. The 4-inch size you get from the Dash mini waffle maker is the perfect size to use as a low carb burger bun!
How to make cinnamon roll waffles
If you love keto cinnamon rolls but don’t want to take the time to bake them, mini waffles with similar flavors are a quick and easy substitute. I just added in liquid sweetener, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to the basic recipe.
For the yummy icing, you can make up a quick dairy-free cream cheese drizzle. I used vegan butter, and almond milk cream cheese style spread with vanilla extract and liquid sweetener. But if you aren’t dairy-free, you can use real butter and cream cheese.
How to serve mini waffles for dessert
When you’re the only one on a keto diet in your home, it doesn’t make sense to bake full-sized cakes. By adding in whipped cream, berries, or frosting to small sweetened belgian waffles, you can enjoy personal sized desserts without tons of leftovers.
Vanilla cake waffles
Sweetened vanilla mini waffles are made by adding sweetener and vanilla extract to the basic recipe. For a simple treat, just top them off with berries. You can also add some dairy-free whipped coconut cream or regular whipped cream.
Adding in a little cocoa powder to the vanilla cake batter will make chocolate waffles. They can be served with whipped cream and berries or topped with your favorite keto friendly frosting. Or put a layer of my tiramisu low carb whoopie pie filling in between two. You can also sprinkle on some chocolate chips too.
Spice cake waffles
You can spice up the cinnamon roll waffle batter by adding ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. I called this one spice cake waffles as it has a similar taste to spice cakes. Pair it with the optional cream cheese frosting for a mini layered spice cake.
How to clean a Dash mini waffle maker
Because of the size, the Dash mini waffle maker is much easier to clean. To get into all the crevices, it’s best to wash it with hot soapy water using a kitchen scrub brush. Then just rinse it under cool water.
Other keto recipes to serve one or two people
If you don’t want to deal with leftovers, give these other recipes a try!
- It doesn’t get much easier than this Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Recipe for one. It’s ready within 5 minutes using only 3 simple ingredients.
- For a quick snack or breakfast, you can whip up a Keto Blueberry Mug Cake in minutes.
- The Low Carb English Muffin recipe cooks up fast in the microwave. It’s a great quick bread to serve with breakfast or lunch.
- If you want another dairy-free treat idea, a Paleo Chocolate Mug Cake is sure to please.
- When a chocolate craving hits, a Keto Mug Brownie can satisfy it quickly.
★ Follow Me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more keto friendly recipe ideas.
★ Sign up for my NEWSLETTER to get the latest updates and a FREE Meal Plan.
Dairy-Free Mini Low Carb Waffles – 6 Ways
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon coconut cream unsweetened in can
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 drops Lakanto liquid monk fruit sweetener or 5 drops SweetLeaf stevia
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/16 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Drizzle (for Cinnamon Roll waffles)
- 1 Tablespoon vegan butter softened
- 1 Tablespoon vegan cream cheese style spread softened
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 drops Lakanto liquid monk fruit sweetener or 5 drops SweetLeaf stevia
Cream Cheese Frosting (for Spice Cake Waffles)
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/4 cup Lakanto powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat mini waffle iron for about 4-5 minutes.
- In small microwaveable bowl, melt coconut oil and coconut cream together (about 20-30 seconds on high).
- Beat in the egg then stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Place half the batter into waffle maker and close. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until crispy. Remove cooked waffle to plate. Repeat with other half of the batter.
Optional Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Drizzle
- Combine all ingredients into a smooth paste. If too thick, stir in a little almond milk, a drop at a time. Place in sandwich bag and cut small hole in corner to squeeze out over waffle.
Optional Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter. Slowing add in the powdered sweetener and then mix in the vanilla extract. Spread over tops of waffles and stack into a layered mini cake.
Garlic BreadServing: 2waffles | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 1 g | % Carbs: 2.8 % | % Protein: 14.2 % | % Fat: 83 %
Vanilla CakeServing: 2waffles | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 1 g | % Carbs: 2.9 % | % Protein: 11.7 % | % Fat: 85.4 %
Chocolate CakeServing: 2waffles | Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 3 g | % Carbs: 8.1 % | % Protein: 13.4 % | % Fat: 78.5 %
Spice CakeServing: 2waffles | Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 2 g | % Carbs: 5.7 % | % Protein: 11.3 % | % Fat: 83 %
Cinnamon RollServing: 2waffles | Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 2 g | % Carbs: 5.7 % | % Protein: 11.3 % | % Fat: 83 %
Cream Cheese DrizzleServing: 2waffles | Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 82mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 343IU | Calcium: 10mg | Net Carbs: 1 g | % Carbs: 6.5 % | % Protein: 6.5 % | % Fat: 87.1 %
Cream Cheese FrostingServing: 2waffles | Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 332mg | Potassium: 78mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1286IU | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 2 g | % Carbs: 2.3 % | % Protein: 4.6 % | % Fat: 93.1 %
Join my Facebook Group for help with recipes and weight loss support!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.