A hearty broccoli cauliflower cheese soup loaded with chunky add ins. Using a few varieties of sausage as well as bacon really ups the flavor!
Now that fall been here for a few weeks, there’s been so many great looking soup recipes being posted all over the internet. My family loves soup year round, but I haven’t made any in a while. So, I figured I better get moving.
The inspiration for this broccoli cauliflower cheese soup comes from a loaded broccoli cheese and potato soup I found at Lil Luna.
In my version, cauliflower is used instead of potatoes. And, I added several types of sausage to make the soup a hearty meal.
You can use just one type of sausage if you’d rather. Just use what you have on hand or made a special blend from your favorites.
I chopped up some Bockwurst, Schublig, and Hungarian sausage to add to the soup.
For those of you who are dairy-free or following a paleo diet, it’s difficult to sub out the cheese in this recipe.
I haven’t tried out any cheese alternatives yet. But, hopefully, in the future, there will be more time for me to experiment.
It doesn’t take long to make this chunky broccoli cauliflower cheese soup with sausage. The broccoli and cauliflower are cooked right in the broth while the meat is cooking.
Once the vegetables are cooked, the meat and other ingredients are added and simmered for less than ten minutes.
Soup is always a comforting dish to come home to after work. Unfortunately, I don’t always feel like cooking right after work.
So, many of my weekends are spent pre-cooking my meals so I can eat them as leftovers in the week.
One day, my schedule will be more organized. I may even have more time to make up a few freezer meals as well.
When possible I like to make my own chicken bone broth. Especially since homemade bone broth is so beneficial.
In fact, many who follow low carb diets drink bone broth to ensure they are getting enough electrolytes and essential minerals.
No time to make your own bone broth? Look for an organic bone broth when shopping in the food stores.
If there’s no time to make it at home, at least buy the good stuff rather than regular broth.
This is a loaded broccoli cauliflower cheese soup. It’s super chunky and eats more like a meal than a first course.
The soup is so filling, you won’t need anything else for lunch or dinner as it’s full of meat and vegetables.
I’m a big fan of soups and stews because they reheat well for me at work. There’s a lunch crock that I keep at my desk.
About an hour or two before lunch time, I just pop the lunch crock container into the crock to get my lunch heated.
You can bet I’ll be making this yummy cheese soup often! It’s super filling and tastes great.
I’ve always been a lover of cream soups and the added cheese is a bonus.
Other Low Carb Soups
A few of my other favorite low carb soups to make are:
- Creamy Keto Chicken Soup
- Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Keto Turkey Soup
- Keto Cheeseburger Soup
What’s your favorite soup to warm up to in the colder season? Let me know by leaving a comment below.
Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Soup with Sausage
- 1 1/2 pounds sausage sliced & quartered
- 1/2 pound broccoli cut in florets
- 1 1/2 pounds cauliflower cut in florets
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 5 slices no sugar bacon cooked to crisp and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & ground black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- In a small container, mix onion powder, garlic powder, mustard seed, marjoram, thyme.
- In a saucepan, pour chicken broth then cover and bring to a boil. Add cauliflower and broccoli. Season with a dash of salt and ground black pepper. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet with olive oil, brown sausages. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan with low heat, pour cream and water. Add butter and stir until butter is melted. Add cheese and stir slowly until melted.
- Add cooked sausages and season with half of mixed spices and herbs.
- Toss in cooked broccoli, cauliflower, and broth. Add the remaining mixed spices and herbs. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Combine well. Cover and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and top with bacon.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
- Net Carbs 5g
- % Carbs: 4.8%
- % Protein: 16.2%
- % Fat: 79.1%
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.