Wrapped in crispy bacon and stuffed with rich, creamy filling, these air fryer keto jalapeño poppers make the perfect appetizer or game-day snack!
I’ve been wanting to make keto jalapeño poppers for a while. So when I saw this recipe in The Ultimate Keto Air Fryer Cookbook: 100+ Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes by Wendy Polisi, I couldn’t wait to try it!
The combination of jalapeño flavor, creamy filling, and crispy bacon is so delicious. And I love the way everything crisps up in the air fryer!
These poppers are easy to make and were a big hit with my family. I will definitely be adding them to the weekly menu.
💛 Reasons to love
It’s so easy to make keto jalapeño poppers. Just eliminate the breading and use bacon instead.
Plus, two poppers are only 170 calories and 2 net carbs. So you can enjoy them guilt free.
Whether you’re looking for a tasty appetizer or game day snack, this recipe is sure to be a big hit.
These are the simple steps Wendy uses to make her low-carb poppers in the air fryer:
- Prepare the peppers. Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise, then remove the seeds and any remaining white membranes. This will reduce the heat of the peppers and make room for the filling.
- Air fry peppers. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Place the jalapeños in a single layer, cut-side down, in the air fryer basket. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Cool peppers. Remove the peppers from the air fryer and place them on a paper towel, cut-side up. Allow them to rest until they are cool enough to handle.
- Prepare filling. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, minced onion, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill peppers. Once the peppers have cooled and the filling is well-mixed, spoon the cream cheese filling into the jalapeños.
- Wrap with bacon. Cut the bacon strips in half, then wrap 1 piece around each stuffed jalapeño half.
- Air fry poppers. Place the bacon-wrapped jalapeños, cut-side up, in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the bacon is crispy. Allow the poppers to cool slightly and enjoy!
🌶️ Spice level
The heat of your keto jalapeño poppers is going to depend on the pepper itself.
When buying peppers, look at their skin. Jalapeños with white lines or small spots will be spicier. Peppers with smoother skin will be milder.
Jalapeño seeds also add a lot of spice. Removing most or all of the seeds will make your poppers milder.
If you don’t like spice, look for peppers with smooth skin and scrape out as much of the seeds as you can.
If you like them spicy, choose jalapeños with stripes and flecks on the skin. You could even mix some seeds into the filling for extra kick.
🍽️ Serving suggestions
These keto bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are sure to be a crowd pleaser. Don’t be surprised if they disappear quickly!
Everybody loves these traditional finger foods. Your non low-carb friends may not even realize they’re keto.
📚 Related recipes
Looking for more keto recipes that use the air fryer? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Keto Air Fryer Chicken use a low carb breading and can be made in the oven or air fryer!
- Pepperoni Chips are a quick zero-carb snack that can be made in the microwave, oven, or air fryer.
- Keto Fried Pickles are crunchy on the outside, hot and juicy on the inside, and only 2 net carbs each.
- Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings are another delicious wing recipe if you want something besides buffalo flavor!
- Keto Chicken Nuggets are paleo, gluten free, and so delicious, they’re kid-approved!
There’s also more than 100 recipes in Wendy Pilosi’s The Ultimate Keto Air Fryer Cookbook: 100+ Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes book. So be sure to check that out if you want even more delicious keto-friendly air fryer dishes.
Keto Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- 12 jalapeño peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 12 strips bacon
- Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise, then seed them and remove any remaining white membranes to make room for the filling.
- Set the air fryer to 400°F. Place the jalapeños in a single layer, cut-side down, in the air fryer basket. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the air fryer and place them on a paper towel, cut-side up. Allow to rest until they are cool enough to handle.
- While the jalapeños are cooking, in a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, minced onion, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cream cheese filling into the jalapeños.
- Cut the bacon strips in half, and wrap 1 piece around each stuffed jalapeño half.
- Place the bacon-wrapped jalapeños, cut-side up, in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until the bacon is crispy.
By Wendy Polisi, Published by Rockridge Press. Copyright © 2020 by Callisto Media. All rights reserved
Array ( [serving_size] => 2 [calories] => 170 [carbohydrates] => 4 [protein] => 4 [fat] => 15 [saturated_fat] => 7 [cholesterol] => 35 [sodium] => 356 [potassium] => 73 [fiber] => 2 [sugar] => 2 [vitamin_a] => 303 [vitamin_c] => 6 [calcium] => 20 [iron] => 1 [serving_unit] => poppers )
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.