Keto stuffed mushrooms are the perfect side dish or appetizer for any meal or family gathering. They are savory and delicious while still being low in carbs for your keto diet.
These mushrooms are one of my favorite side dishes since they go with just about any meal. Perfect for adding variety to a meal or to incorporate more of the vegetable into your diet!
I also like to make these stuffed mushrooms for my family gatherings or dinner parties. They make a yummy appetizer!
These stuffed veggies look and taste fancy without requiring any unusual ingredients or too much work. Your family and friends will be impressed with how delicious these keto stuffed mushrooms are.
This recipe has just a handful of flavorful ingredients and can be made in under an hour.
Here's what you need:
You can use whatever type of mushrooms that you like as long as they are round and can be hollowed. Portobello or button mushrooms are the most popular choice.
Pork Rind Crumbs
These hold the same purpose as bread crumbs in a recipe but are a way better option for keeping things low-carb. You can buy them from a store, or make your own keto pork rind breadcrumbs.
Parmesan and cream cheese add a delicious creaminess to this recipe, making them completely satisfying.
Please note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low-carb recipe.
- To avoid watery mushrooms, roast them upside down in the oven for a few minutes before filling them. Pre-roasting will help to evaporate any excess moisture that could cause soggy mushrooms.
- To avoid wasting any of your ingredients, add the mushroom stems to the stuffing mix. They are flavorful and will blend right in while bulking up the mix.
- Buy only unflavored pork rind crumbs to avoid changing the flavor profile of your stuffed mushrooms.
Making these mushrooms may look complicated, but it is actually very simple and can be done in no time at all. There is hardly any prep work, and the majority of the time, they will be cooking in the oven.
For more detailed instructions, make sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
Clean The Mushrooms
Thoroughly clean all of your mushrooms, drying them before setting them aside to move on to the next step. Make sure to save the mushroom stems, as those will go into the stuffing mix.
You can either wash them under cold water briefly or wipe them down with a damp towel. Either way works!
Make The Filling
Briefly saute the mushroom stems and garlic before adding them to the rest of the ingredients.
Combine the pork rind crumbs, mushroom stems, seasonings, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
Mix everything together well so that each mushroom will have a variety of ingredients in the stuffing.
Stuff The Mushrooms
Stuff your mushrooms with the stuffing mix that you made and line the mushrooms on a baking sheet.
Bake and Enjoy!
Bake them for 20 minutes in a 400-degree oven until they are cooked through.
️ Serving suggestions
This recipe for stuffed mushrooms is a versatile dish that can go with just about any meal. They make a great addition to a brunch spread or alongside casseroles.
Serving these stuffed mushrooms alongside some keto ham and cheese frittata muffins would be a great combination!
They would also complement lighter dishes nicely by adding a heartier element to the meal. They're especially good when paired with anything containing asparagus, bacon, leeks, or lemon, like this prosciutto-wrapped asparagus.
Here are some of the most popular questions we get about these mushrooms.
Can I make these stuffed mushrooms ahead of time?
Yes, you can easily make these stuffed mushrooms ahead of time by keeping them in the fridge after cooking. They will last 3 to 4 days. Alternatively, you could also assemble them and store them in the fridge for 3 to 4 days before cooking.
For the freshest option, store the mushrooms in the fridge raw and cook when you are ready to serve them.
Can I freeze stuffed mushrooms?
Yes, you can freeze stuffed mushrooms for up to 3 months! Just make sure not to cook them. Just assemble the mushrooms, freeze them raw and cook after thawing them out.
These stuffed mushrooms are the perfect low-carb addition to any gathering that you might host. They are rich and satisfying and a general crowd-pleaser.
These keto stuffed mushrooms are a great side dish to any meal (or spread) that needs another savory element. You and all your friends will be surprised at how delicious a mushroom can be!
If you enjoyed this stuffed mushroom recipe, here are some more keto appetizers to make next. These are some of our favorites!
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms With Spinach And Artichoke is a delicious, low-carb side dish with rich and creamy stuffing, perfect for any meal.
- Easy Zucchini Pizza Boats are the perfect meal to satisfy those pizza cravings without eating too many carbs or something that isn't keto-friendly.
- Low-Carb Stuffed Pepper Topped With Cheese is easily put together for a quick, keto-friendly dish or made ahead of time for meals during the week.
- Stuffed Eggplant Rolls Wrapped In Bacon is another satisfying low-carb dish that helps you get in more veggies into your daily diet.
- Keto Cabbage Rolls are filled with ground beef and coated in a bright and tangy tomato sauce that is reminiscent of lasagna.
Follow us on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and INSTAGRAM for even more tasty keto-friendly recipes!
Keto Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 pound Whole mushrooms
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup pork rind crumbs
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons Fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons Minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them finely.
- Add the mushroom stems and butter to a skillet over medium heat on the stove. Saute until softened.
- Mix in the minced garlic and saute another 30 seconds.
- Add the pork rind crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, mushroom stems mixture, cream cheese, onion powder and salt and pepper to taste to a mixing bowl, and stir until well combined.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the filling mixture, and place into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve.
Low Carb Sweeteners | Keto Sweetener Conversion Chart
Array ( [serving_size] => 5 [calories] => 178 [carbohydrates] => 5 [protein] => 8 [fat] => 15 [saturated_fat] => 8 [trans_fat] => 1 [cholesterol] => 44 [sodium] => 363 [potassium] => 343 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 3 [vitamin_a] => 624 [vitamin_c] => 4 [calcium] => 88 [iron] => 1 [serving_unit] => mushrooms )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
squeeeee! I have all the ingredients to make these -- even the pork rinds! Can't wait
The perfect appetizer! I haven't had one in so long because so many recipes use breadcrumbs so I can't wait to try this!
Yum, so good. I love the parm in these. I can't resist topping with more cheese and broiling for a few minutes. Lovely recipe.
Such a delicious appetizer for a get together! The parmesan flavor is so yummy.
Could you make these in the air fryer? If so, what temp and how long would you suggest?
I'd say air fry at 360°F for 14 to 16 minutes.
Will be making this soon can i use nut crumbs / vegan butter and cream cheese as am a vegan i love mushrooms sooooooooooo much saw your tweet on my twitter and i liked it as i love mushrooms perfect for my snacks at home while i work on the computer and phone after this i will be taking a break from commenting on your recipes until my birthday on 19 September will dm you if i make this and let you know how it goes Thanks Ramya
Hope you love this with the subs. It was so good, even my non-keto family members devoured it. Have a wonderful summer!