Tofu pudding is a simple yet decadent dessert that can be made in 5 minute or less. This tofu chocolate pudding is made with only 4 ingredients. It’s velvety smooth texture and delicious sweet taste is sure to satisfy any chocolate craving!
I stumbled upon an article about tofu and different uses for it. Since tofu is made from soy, it isn’t surprising that it can be used to make pudding, ice cream, and tofu pudding.
I usually avoid soy products because of it’s estrogen-like properties. However, because soy is so low in carbs, I haven’t been avoiding it completely.
The lite silken tofu that I bought listed less than 1g carb per 3 ounce serving. Out of all the tofu packages, the lite was the one with the lowest carb count. So I used it to make this easy tofu dessert.
What is silken tofu?
Silken is a type of tofu that’s undrained and unpressed. Therefore, the curds remain unseparated. Because it has the highest water content it’s the smoothest and creamiest type of tofu. This makes it ideal for using in spreads, sauces, puddings, and desserts.
Is tofu keto friendly?
The average serving of tofu has 2 grams of carbs or less. That makes it safe for staying in ketosis. However, many avoid it because eating too much soy can cause hormonal imbalances. And when hormones aren’t in balance it can be difficult to lose weight.
If you’re okay with eating soy occasionally, you’ll love that you can make an instant keto chocolate pudding in less than five minutes. And there’s only four simple ingredients in the recipe!
You’ll want to use a good food processor so the following ingredients are well blended into a creamy smooth pudding.
- Silken Tofu
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Granular Sweetener
- Vanilla Extract
How to make chocolate tofu pudding?
- Cut tofu into chunks and place in a food processor.
- Process until it’s a spreadable consistency.
- Add sweetener, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
Reasons to love tofu chocolate pudding
- Tofu has a significant amount of protein so it’s a snack that will really fill you up.
- Each serving has only 3 grams of net carbs!
- Chocolate tofu pudding is quick and easy to make. I’d say it’s about as fast as the instant pudding mixes in a box. But this recipe contains real food ingredients.
Need some ideas on how to make this dairy-free pudding even better?
- Garnish with chocolate shavings
- Top with whipped cream
- Sprinkle on homemade sugar free chocolate chips
- Drizzle with peanut butter topping
Can you freeze tofu pudding?
Since tofu freezes well, the pudding can also be frozen. So make a big batch and divide in individual freezer safe containers like mini ice cream ones. They keep for three months. Thaw in the refrigerator the day before serving.
Other Low Carb Pudding Recipes
If you want a few other delicious keto friendly pudding snacks, check out some of my other recipes:
- Keto Banana Pudding
- Coconut Milk Pudding
- Keto Chia Pudding
- Keto Avocado Pudding
- Chocolate Cauliflower Dessert Pudding
- Sugar Free Butterscotch Pudding
I also love this easy 4-ingredient vanilla pudding at My Keto Kitchen!
Instant Low Carb Chocolate Tofu Pudding
- 2 pounds packages soft silken tofu preferably lite
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Lakanto Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener or 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend or puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.