This is a low-carb and gluten-free keto muffin in a mug that takes less than two minutes to prepare and cook. It’s a tasty way to start the day!
- Keto Muffin For Breakfast
- Ingredients To Make A Keto Muffin In A Mug
- How To Make A Low Carb Muffin In The Microwave
- Frequently Asked Questions About Keto Muffins In A Mug
- Keto Muffin In A Coffee Mug- Perfect For A Quick And Easy Breakfast!
- Other Low-Carb Microwave Mug Recipes To Try
- Minute Microwave Muffin in a Mug
Keto Muffin For Breakfast
No one wants to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, right?
I have a big case of spring fever and I’m looking for ways to spend more time outside doing the things I love.
So, I’ve been making more and more quick and easy low-carb recipes.
Did you know it takes less than two minutes to bake a delicious keto friendly microwave muffin in a mug? Yup?
That means you can whip one right up before you leave in the morning and snack on it during the commute.
Ingredients To Make A Keto Muffin In A Mug
All of the exact ingredient amounts are in the printable recipe card just a little further down on this post. First, here is a bit more information about the ingredients I used.
I used a combination of almond flour, coconut flour, an egg, and avocado oil. Then, I added some baking powder and salt for the flavor and leavening (to make it taste more like a muffin).
I prefer how the avocado oil tasted with my muffin, but you can use olive oil or even coconut oil in it instead. Both of them can be swapped in a 1:1 ratio.
Please note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low carb recipe.
- If you want to make this a vegan recipe, just use a vegan egg replacement. All the other ingredients are plant-based.
- When you start mixing the ingredients, do it all in the coffee mug or bowl you are going to use. You can even use a small ramekin instead of a coffee mug.
- Busy mornings? To make things even easier on busy mornings, you can pre-measure the dry ingredients in your coffee mug the night before.
- Meal prep ahead of time! If you have things ready, when you wake up, just add one egg and a teaspoon of oil and blend well. Pop it in the microwave for a minute and have your instant breakfast muffin. Pretty cool, huh?
Now that I’ve embraced this speedy way to make low-carb baked goods, I’m ready to experiment some more with these tasty little minute microwave muffins in a mug recipes.
How To Make A Low Carb Muffin In The Microwave
This basic minute microwave muffin in a mug recipe is so easy. I had the recipe memorized after my first try – I know you will too.
Below are some step-by-step pictures to show you how it looks as you make it.
First, combine the dry ingredients in the microwave-safe mug. Then, add the egg and avocado oil and whisk it together with a fork.
Finally, cook it in the microwave for just one minute.
That’s it! Honestly. I told you it was easy!
You might have to use a fork to remove the muffin, but you can also just eat it right out of the mug.
What To Serve With A Keto Muffin
This is a very basic recipe and it tastes delicious with other low-carb breakfast or snack foods.
I usually eat one warm with a bit of butter and sugar-free raspberry jam while saving the other one for later.
Even on mornings when I have time to make bacon and eggs, I like to whip up a minute microwave muffin in a mug so I have a little “bread” on the side.
If you like eggs benedict, simply toast one of these minute muffins and use it as the bread.
Frequently Asked Questions About Keto Muffins In A Mug
Before I share the recipe (it’s just a little further below), I am going to answer some questions people have about these mug muffins.
How many servings does it make?
You’ll get two tasty servings from this low-carb microwave muffin in a mug recipe.
Can you toast this low-carb muffin?
The leftover muffin reheats well in the toaster. You can also use a toaster oven or broil it for a minute.
How do you make a keto breakfast sandwich out of this muffin?
Another thing I like to do with one of the minute microwave muffins is to use it to make a low-carb breakfast sandwich.
Each muffin is rather thick so you can slice it again for thinner halves.
For a breakfast sammie, simply put an egg, cheese, and bacon between the two slices. Presto, a super easy to make bacon, egg, and cheese muffin sandwich!
What are some other ways I could use this muffin in a mug?
There are just so many things you can do with these quick and easy minute muffins. It would be impossible to list them all!
In fact, you can even top them with some sugar-free chocolate chips for a little sweetness!
Even though fruit is a “sometimes treat” on keto, if you add a few slices of strawberries or a few blueberries on top, you can definitely enjoy this sweet treat.
Keto Muffin In A Coffee Mug- Perfect For A Quick And Easy Breakfast!
I’m so glad that I added the muffin in a minute recipe to my breakfast rotation. They are a great addition egg dishes too like my sausage egg casserole.
Enjoy this quick and easy low-carb bread recipe that takes only a couple of short minutes to whip up. It’s a great way to make time for a healthy low-carb breakfast before starting your day!
Other Low-Carb Microwave Mug Recipes To Try
There are lots of other mug cakes and ideas you can make in your microwave. These are some of my favorite low-carb desserts!
- Keto Lemon Mug Cake has a fresh and zesty flavor that will melt in your mouth.
- Low-Carb Brownie In A Mug is the ultimate dessert to enjoy when you are craving chocolate.
- Strawberry Mug Cake is made with two indulgent layers and a light cream cheese frosting.
- Coconut Flour Pumpkin Mug Muffin is the perfect thing to enjoy when you want something that is full of fall flavors.
- Keto Chocolate Molten Lava Cake has a rich, fudgy filling that oozes out of each bite.
Minute Microwave Muffin in a Mug
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt in a microwavable coffee mug.
- Add egg and avocado oil. Stir well with a fork.
- Microwave on high for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Remove the muffin from the cup using a butter knife and slice in half.
Array ( [serving_size] => 47 [calories] => 120 [carbohydrates] => 5.1 [protein] => 6.2 [fat] => 8.4 [saturated_fat] => 1.7 [cholesterol] => 93 [sodium] => 194 [fiber] => 2.7 )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
Updated on January 26, 2021, with new images and additional recipe notes. First published on March 28, 2016.