Air fryer pumpkin seeds are not only delicious, but they are also incredibly easy to make! Plus, they are a great low-carb snack that is perfect for munching at any time of the day.
Let’s be real, pumpkin seeds are seriously underrated. They are a healthy and tasty snack option that can easily satisfy those mid-afternoon cravings.
But have you ever thought about making them in an air fryer? Trust me; it's a game-changer!
Not only is it a healthier alternative to roasting them in oil, but the air fryer also gives them the perfect crunch without any added fat.
So, if you have a craving for some delicious pumpkin seeds, this post is for you!
Why you'll love these air fryer pumpkin seeds
- A tasty snack: These air fryer pumpkin seeds are a perfect, healthy snack option for any time of day. They're crunchy, flavorful, and satisfying!
- Quick and easy to make: With an air fryer, these pumpkin seeds only take about 10 minutes to cook. It's much faster than using an oven or stovetop method.
- Versatile: These pumpkin seeds can be seasoned with any combination of spices you like. Try using garlic powder, chili powder, or even a sweet cinnamon-sugar blend for some variety.
- Budget-friendly: Instead of buying pre-packaged pumpkin seeds at the store, save money by making your own in the air fryer. It's an affordable and delicious snack option.
- Healthy: Pumpkin seeds are a good source of protein, healthy fats, and important vitamins and minerals. They're also low in carbs, making them perfect for those following a low-carb or keto diet.
- Kid-friendly: Get your kids involved in the kitchen by letting them help with seasoning and cooking these pumpkin seeds. They'll love seeing how they transform from plain seeds to a tasty snack.
- Perfect for fall: With pumpkin spice season in full swing, these air fryer pumpkin seeds are the perfect snack to enjoy during autumn. They're great for snacking on while watching your favorite Halloween movie or as a topping for salads or soups.
Ingredients needed to make roasted pumpkin seeds
Here's what you'll need to make these delicious air fryer pumpkin seeds:
Make sure to use raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds for this recipe. You can find them in the bulk bin section of your grocery store or purchase them pre-packaged.
If you want to go the extra mile, you can also save the pumpkin seeds when carving your own pumpkins for Halloween!
You'll need a little bit of oil to help the seasonings stick to the pumpkin seeds and give them a nice crunch. Avocado oil, olive oil, or coconut oil all work well for this recipe.
This is where you can get creative and use whatever spices you like.
For today's recipe, I used salt, garlic powder, and paprika.
If you want some options, here are a few more ideas:
- Salt and pepper
- Salt and vinegar
- Everything but the bagel
- Chili lime
- Taco seasoning
- Cinnamon and sugar (for a sweet option)
- Pumpkin pie spice
You can also use a store-bought seasoning blend if you're short on time.
Air fryer tips
If you're new to using an air fryer, here are some tips to help you get the best results:
- Make sure to preheat your air fryer. Just like with an oven, preheating helps ensure even cooking.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket. Leave some space between the pumpkin seeds so they can cook evenly and get crispy. You may need to cook them in batches.
- Shake or stir the pumpkin seeds halfway through cooking. This helps prevent any burning and ensures all sides get evenly cooked.
- Adjust the time and temperature as needed. Every air fryer is different, so keep an eye on your pumpkin seeds as they cook. If they're not crispy enough, add a few more minutes. If they're starting to burn, lower the temperature.
How to cook pumpkin seeds in air fryer
To roast pumpkin seeds in the air fryer, you'll need to follow these easy steps to get it just right:
Step 1: Clean the pumpkin seeds
After removing them from the pumpkin, rinse and clean pumpkin seeds under cold water in a colander to remove any pulp from the seeds.
Pat them dry with a towel.
Step 2: Toss in oil and seasoning
In a bowl, toss the raw pumpkin seeds with a small amount of oil (about 1-2 tablespoons) and your desired seasoning blend.
Step 3: Preheat air fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 325°F for about 5 minutes.
Step 4: Add pumpkin seeds to air fryer basket
Spread the seasoned pumpkin seeds in an even layer in the air fryer basket.
Step 5: Cook for 10-15 minutes
Cook the pumpkin seeds in the air fryer for 10-15 minutes. Shake the basket or stir them halfway through. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.
Step 6: Let cool and enjoy!
Once they have turned golden brown, remove the roasted pumpkin seeds from the basket and let them cool before enjoying.
How to serve seasoned pumpkin seeds
Once the pumpkin seeds are cooked and cooled, you can serve them as a tasty snack or use them in various ways. Here are a few ideas:
- On top of salads: These crunchy pumpkin seeds make a great addition to any salad. They add some extra texture and flavor. Try this arugula goat cheese salad with strawberries!
- As a soup topping: Sprinkle some roasted pumpkin seeds on top of your keto pumpkin soup for a satisfying crunch.
- In trail mix: Mix them with some nuts and dried fruit for a quick and healthy snack on the go.
- As a garnish: Use them to top off your favorite pumpkin mousse or pumpkin muffins for an added crunch and flavor.
There are endless possibilities for how to enjoy these delicious air fryer pumpkin seeds. Experiment with different seasoning blends and find your favorite way to eat them!
Here are the most asked questions about these air fried pumpkin seeds. If you have any more questions, please leave them for me in the comments down below!
Yes, you can! Just make sure to drain and dry them before seasoning and cooking.
Yes, pumpkin seeds are a great snack for those following a keto or low-carb diet. They're high in fat and low in carbs, making them a perfect option for snacking!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. You can also freeze them for longer storage.
Yes, you can use any oil you have on hand. Just make sure it has a high smoke point to avoid burning the seeds.
Absolutely! Spread the pumpkin seeds on a lined baking sheet and bake at 325°F for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.
Yes, you can use any variety of pumpkin seeds for this recipe - such as hulled or unhulled, raw or roasted. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may vary slightly depending on the type of seed used.
Love this keto pumpkin seeds recipe? Try these!
If you love roasting air fryer pumpkin seeds, here are a few other air fryer recipes you'll enjoy:
- Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs - This recipe makes perfectly cooked soft-boiled eggs in the air fryer every time.
- Keto Air Fryer Tortilla Chips - Make your own crispy and delicious keto tortilla chips in the air fryer with this easy recipe.
- Air Fryer Salmon Bites - These crispy and flavorful salmon bites are perfect for a quick and healthy appetizer or snack.
- Kale Chips In Air Fryer - Roasted kale chips are a great low-carb and healthy snack, and they're even easier to make in the air fryer.
- Keto Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites - These crispy and flavorful pork belly bites are perfect for a delicious low-carb snack or appetizer.
Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Clean the pumpkin seeds by removing any pumpkin flesh or strings. Rinse them under cold water and pat them dry using a paper towel.
- Preheat your air fryer to 325°F (163°C).
- In a bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds with olive oil, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle paprika, garlic powder, and salt over the pumpkin seeds, adjusting the amount based on your preference. Toss them well to evenly distribute the seasonings.
- Place the seasoned pumpkin seeds in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry the pumpkin seeds at 325°F (163°C) for 10-15 minutes, shaking or stirring them halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Check the pumpkin seeds for desired crispness. If they need more time, continue air frying for an additional 2-3 minutes, keeping a close eye on them to prevent burning.
- Once the pumpkin seeds are golden brown and crispy, remove them from the air fryer and allow them to cool before serving.
- Enjoy the keto air fryer pumpkin seeds as a crunchy and flavorful snack!
- This recipe uses an air fryer to roast the pumpkin seeds, which helps to achieve a crispy texture.
- You can adjust the seasonings according to your taste preferences. Feel free to experiment with different spices, such as cayenne pepper, cinnamon, or chili powder.
- Pumpkin seeds can vary in size, so keep an eye on them while air frying to prevent overcooking or burning.
Array ( [calories] => 167 [carbohydrates] => 3 [protein] => 7 [fat] => 15 [saturated_fat] => 3 [polyunsaturated_fat] => 5 [monounsaturated_fat] => 6 [trans_fat] => 0.01 [sodium] => 2 [potassium] => 204 [fiber] => 2 [sugar] => 0.4 [vitamin_a] => 127 [vitamin_c] => 0.5 [calcium] => 12 [iron] => 2 )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.