Learn how to make delicious air fryer soft boiled eggs for a quick and easy breakfast any time of the week! Plus, dig into delicious serving suggestions to best enjoy this protein-packed recipe.
Why you'll love these soft boiled eggs
Eggs are the go-to breakfast food for a reason – they're versatile, nutritious, and incredibly delicious when cooked just how you like them!
One of my favorite ways to enjoy eggs is to cook soft-boiled eggs. And while this cooking process is easy enough, you can actually make it easier by cooking soft-boiled eggs in the air fryer.
Yes, you heard me right - air fryer eggs!
And no, these eggs don't taste tough and rubbery like a microwaved creation. They're cooked to perfection with a delicious soft yolk in the center.
In this post, I'm sharing how to make the best air fryer soft-boiled eggs, with yummy serving suggestions and cooking tips.
Best of all, you can customize this recipe for your favorite yolk, whether you like it well done or soft and runny.
Here's everything that goes into this simplistic recipe (I bet you'll guess the main ingredient).
The main ingredient in this recipe is, quite obviously, eggs!
By many, eggs are considered the perfect protein source for their high-quality protein with essential amino acids.
Luckily, eggs are also keto, containing 0.6 grams of net carbs per egg, 6 grams of protein, and 5 grams of fat.
Eggs make for a nutritious breakfast option or a filling and satisfying snack food.
Air frying tips
Follow these quick air-frying tips to guarantee perfectly cooked eggs:
- Use fresh eggs for easy peeling.
- Make sure to give your eggs an ice bath as soon as they're done cooking to avoid gray, overcooked yolks.
- Use the required cooking time as a guideline, and experiment to find your ideal doneness.
- Store soft-boiled eggs in the refrigerator for a couple of days for a quick breakfast option.
How to make air fryer soft boiled eggs
Follow these easy steps for delicious soft-boiled eggs in just minutes!
Preheat your air fryer
The first step to air fry eggs is to preheat your air fryer. This ensures an accurate cooking time. Missing this step may result in undercooked eggs!
Cook your soft boiled eggs
Next, lay out your eggs in the pre-heated air fryer basket, ensuring they're not overcrowded.
Overloading your air fryer could result in uneven cooking, with some eggs cooking through and others remaining underdone.
Prepare an ice bath
After your desired cooking time, carefully remove your eggs from the air fryer using tongs; they're going to be hot!
Immediately plunge your eggs into a pre-prepared ice bath or a bowl of cold water. This is going to stop your eggs from cooking anymore.
If you skip this step, your yolks will become overdone, and they may even turn gray (talk about unappetizing!).
Leave them here for a few minutes until they've cooled down.
Peel, serve, store
You're ready to enjoy your soft boiled eggs! Well, almost.
First, tap your egg gently against a hard surface to crack the shell, peeling the shell off. Then it's time to dig in!
If you don't want to eat your eggs right away, leave your cooked eggs in their shell. If they've properly cooled down in your ice bath, you can safely store soft-boiled eggs in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
Alternatively, you can store hard-boiled eggs for up to a week!
What to serve with air fryer soft boiled eggs
Once you've perfected your air fryer-boiled eggs, it's time to enjoy one. Try eating a soft-boiled egg spread over toasted low-carb bread, along with sliced avocado, tomato, and plenty of salt and pepper.
Additionally, you can eat an egg as a quick snack, seasoning simply with salt, pepper, and the keto hot sauce of your choice.
If you'd like to use some soft-boiled eggs in your keto cooking, serve them as low-carb deviled eggs or a delicious egg salad in lettuce cups.
You can jazz up these soft-boiled eggs any way you'd like! Try these fun variations, or feel free to experiment.
- For hard-boiled eggs in the air fryer, simply raise the cooking time to 18 minutes.
- For medium-boiled eggs, raise the cooking time to 16 minutes.
- Prepare an easy seasoning mix with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika to sprinkle on the cooked eggs.
Have more questions about this recipe? If you don't see your question answered here, please leave it for me in the comments below.
Yes, you can. In fact, it's beyond easy. Just pop your eggs into the air fryer in a single layer and fry for 10-18 minutes, depending on how you like your yolk. No water is necessary!
The required time for different air fryer egg recipes will vary depending on how well done you like your eggs.
For soft-boiled eggs, my recipe calls for 12-15. If you'd like to cook hard-boiled eggs, I recommend switching this time to 17-18 minutes.
Like this air fryer soft boiled eggs recipe? Try these!
I have several more air fryer recipes to simplify your keto diet. Start with any of these tasty options:
- Air Fryer Salmon Bites are yummy and nutritious, made with sugar-free honey and soy sauce for a sweet and umami concoction.
- Keto Chicken Nuggets in Air Fryer are made with parmesan cheese, pork rinds, and almond flour for a delicious low-carb breading.
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips are amazing for serving with any of your favorite dips, from keto ranch to creamy avocado dip.
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are made for sharing and are amazingly creamy with cream cheese, bacon, and smoked paprika.
- Air Fryer Hamburgers recipe is made with lean ground beef and simple seasonings for a healthier burger option.
Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat your air fryer to 250°F (120°C).
- Carefully place the eggs in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not overcrowded.
- Cook the eggs in the air fryer for approximately 12-15 minutes for a soft-boiled consistency. Adjust the cooking time based on your desired level of doneness. You may need to experiment with the timing to achieve the perfect soft-boiled eggs, as different air fryer models may vary in cooking times.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, carefully remove them from the air fryer using tongs or a spoon.
- Place the cooked eggs in a bowl of cold water or an ice bath for a few minutes to stop the cooking process and cool them down.
- Gently tap the eggs on a hard surface to crack the shell, then peel the shell off.
- Serve the soft-boiled eggs immediately, either on their own or as a topping for salads, toast, or other dishes.
- Fresh eggs: Use fresh eggs for the best results. Fresh eggs are less likely to have shells that stick to the egg whites, making them easier to peel after cooking.
- Cooking time: The cooking time provided in the recipe is a general guideline. However, different air fryer models may vary in temperature and cooking efficiency. It's a good idea to start with the suggested cooking time and adjust it based on your air fryer's performance and your desired level of doneness. If you prefer a slightly firmer or runnier yolk, you can experiment with shorter or longer cooking times accordingly.
- Cooling and peeling: After cooking, it's important to cool the eggs quickly to stop the cooking process. Placing the cooked eggs in a bowl of cold water or an ice bath for a few minutes helps cool them down and makes them easier to handle. Gently tap the eggs on a hard surface to crack the shell, then peel the shell off carefully. Starting at the wider end of the egg can make peeling easier.
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.