My keto air fryer tortilla chips recipe is the snack food of your dreams! These low-carb tortilla chips pair perfectly with fresh salsa, creamy guacamole, and a variety of Mexican-inspired recipes.
Why you'll love these keto air fryer tortilla chips
Crispy chips rule the snack cuisine world! And my air fryer tortilla chips recipe lets you enjoy this snacky favorite on a keto diet.
While traditional tortilla chips are made with high-carb ingredients like yellow corn tortillas, my version is totally low-carb and keto-approved. Plus, they contain just 4g net carbs per serving!
Best of all, these keto-friendly tortilla chips are made in just minutes.
In this post, you'll find how to make tortilla chips in the air fryer, along with delicious serving suggestions to best enjoy the fruits of your labor!
Note: Looking for a baked version? Try my original low-carb tortilla chips recipe for a traditional oven.
These homemade tortilla chips contain a small amount of quality ingredients. Here's everything that makes them so irresistible:
The base of these air fryer tortilla chips is, of course, tortillas!
Tortilla chips are often made from blue, yellow, or white corn tortillas (or, gasp, even flour tortillas!). However, this version takes the low-carb route.
You can use any keto tortilla of your choice, whether that be a store-bought option or one of my personal recipes. Try any of these easy options:
To achieve the crispiest tortilla chips possible, a bit of oil is a must-use.
I opted for avocado oil for its mild flavor.
To season these air fryer tortilla chips, I use salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder. The combination is super simple yet effective.
Air frying tips
Before you get cooking, here are a few air fryer tips to ensure best results:
- Don't forget to preheat the air fryer for a more even crisp.
- Shake the air fryer basket halfway through your cooking time.
- Be sure not to overfill the air fryer basket. You'll want your chips in a single layer, or else they won't achieve their maximum crispy potential!
How to make keto air fryer tortilla chips
Making your own tortilla chips in the air fryer is as simple as 1-2-3! Here's how to get the job done:
Prep your keto tortillas
Begin by preheating your air fryer to 375°F. This step allows your chips to get crispy – fast!
Next, cut your tortillas into triangle shapes, sort of like you're cutting a pizza! You can even use a pizza cutter.
Mix your seasoning
Now, add your spices to a small mixing bowl, including salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and onion powder. Add your avocado on top and mix well to combine.
Brush and air fry
Next, brush both sides of each chip with your mixed oil and add them to the air fryer basket. Place the chips in a single layer so each one gets nice and crispy.
Air fry your chips, flipping halfway through the process. You'll know they're done when they've reached a gorgeous golden-brown color.
Serve and enjoy
Remove your cooked chips and let them cool down before you dig in!
You can eat them on their own or try any of my tasty serving suggestions.
What to serve with keto tortilla chips
These keto tortilla chips have endless serving possibilities!
Down below, I am enjoying these chips with this creamy avocado dip!
Finally, include air fryer tortilla chips as part of a Mexican-inspired dinner feast featuring Mexican zucchini and ground beef skillet, keto Mexican cauliflower rice, and crock pot Mexican chicken soup.
Variations of tortilla chips
These low-carb tortilla chips can be done up however you like! Here are a few variations to start with:
- Add a bit of cayenne pepper and smoked paprika to your seasoning mix for even more yum.
- Swap avocado oil for any of your favorite vegetable oils like olive oil or canola oil.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice for the ultimate flavor!
Here are a couple of the most common questions I get about making air fryer chips. If you don't see your question answered, feel free to leave it for me in the comments down below.
There are a few reasons why your air fryer chips end up slightly chewy, losing their crisp factor:
1. Make sure all of your tortilla pieces are placed in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Any overlap can help prevent these bits from crisping up.
2. Make sure you let your tortilla chips cool down before storing them. When you store warm chips in an airtight container, it can trap moisture and ruin the crunch.
Finding chips with absolutely zero carbs isn't the easiest task. With that said, it IS possible!
For example, my homemade pepperoni chips are carb-free and made simply from pepperoni.
You can even buy these pink Himalayan sea salt cracker chips from Keto Naturals. Surprisingly, they contain zero grams of net carbs!
Like this air fryer tortilla chips recipe? Try these!
I have tons of low-carb snack recipes for you to enjoy. Start with these keto-friendly treats:
- Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips have a subtle flavor that pairs perfectly with chip dip.
- Keto Parmesan Crisps are super cheesy and contain just 1g net carbs per serving.
- Baked Cucumber Chips With Salt & Vinegar are delicious with low-carb tzatziki.
- Keto Pepperoni Chips are carb-free and can even be made in the microwave.
- Radish Chips crisp up to golden perfection for the ultimate snack food!
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips (Keto + Low-Carb)
- 4 low-carb tortillas 6 inches in diameter
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut each tortilla into 8 triangles.
- In a small bowl, mix together the avocado oil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla triangle with the oil mixture.
- Place the tortilla triangles in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 5-6 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the chips are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the chips from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- If you don't have an air fryer, you can bake the tortilla chips in the oven at 375°F (190°C) for about 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the chips are crispy and golden brown.
- Store the cooled tortilla chips in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.