Whether you are getting ready to watch movies at home or hosting a party, this Chuy's jalapeño ranch dip is always a good choice. It's a creamy and spicy dip that is naturally keto-friendly and high-fat!
Why you'll love it
Very few places do Tex-Mex food like Chuy's!
It's fresh and has the boldest and most amazing flavors (especially the chicken fajitas). The jalapeño ranch dip is one thing they are the most well-known for.
This is a perfect copycat of the spicy and creamy dip. It's an appetizer that you can easily turn into an entire meal. With both a ranch flavor and lime flavor that can't be beat, this dip is a great addition to your appetizer cuisine.
The best thing about this dip is that all the ingredients are so simple. There are just seven ingredients in it, and you probably already have them in your refrigerator.
Plus, this jalapeño ranch dip is easy to customize and change!
If you don't like cilantro, don't use it. Keep reading, and I'll share some tricks and tips that will give you the tastiest dip you've ever made.
All of these ingredients are super common and easy to find. Here's a bit more information about what I used in this cream jalapeño dip.
Use pure, real mayonnaise. Always read the ingredients label before you buy it, just to make sure it has simple ingredients. You can also make your own homemade mayonnaise with keto-friendly ingredients.
Add sour cream to give the dip the noticeable tangy flavors. Using full-fat sour cream is best when you are on the keto diet.
If you want the dip to be extra spicy, chop up an entire jalapeño. To keep it mild, only mix in ¼ a jalapeño. Using fresh jalapeños will elevate the flavors in this appetizer!
Dry ranch dressing seasoning
Read the packet of ranch dip mix closely to make sure you don't use a kind that has hidden carbs or sugar in it.
Dry ranch dip mix is a combination of spices, so if you want to make your own, follow this ranch recipe.
Use fresh garlic. It will add more aromas to the dip, which naturally enhances all the other flavors.
Juice an entire lime for this Chuy's jalapeño ranch. Fresh lime juice brightens up the dip and cuts the spiciness down a notch.
This is optional. If you enjoy cilantro, add some fresh cilantro on top. Cilantro and lime are classic culinary duos!
Please note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low-carb recipe.
- Remove the jalapeño seeds. This is where all the heat is, so if you leave them in, it will make the dip too spicy to handle.
- Refrigerate before serving. This creamy jalapeño dip tastes better when it is cold.
- Use fresh parsley instead of cilantro. If you don't like how cilantro tastes, either leave it out or replace it with fresh parsley. They are related and similar herbs.
It's so easy to make Chuy creamy jalapeño dip at home. It really is as easy as mixing everything together.
Grab a bowl
Make sure you use a large enough bowl when you make jalapeño dip. If you aren't sure, use a bigger bowl. Since you are going to mix dry herbs with sour cream and mayo, you need enough room to mix it without spilling it.
Mix it together
Add everything to the bowl - there is no right or wrong order. Just dump all the ingredients in the bowl and then mix them together.
Keep mixing until it reaches your desired consistency.
Chill jalapeño ranch dip
Place it in the refrigerator to chill. When you are ready to enjoy the dip, garnish with some fresh cilantro! This is a delicious copycat recipe.
️ Serving suggestions
It's really easy to serve this creamy jalapeño dip at home. Just grab your favorite keto-friendly veggies or chips and enjoy your dip!
These low-carb tortilla chips are crispy and the perfect thing to eat with creamy jalapeño dip. Or, slice some cucumbers and bell peppers. They are low-carb and will taste exquisite with the jalapeño and ranch flavors.
For something with a different flavor, make some radish chips! They are out of the ordinary and have a delightful crunch.
If you want to make this copycat Chuy's creamy jalapeño dip extra tasty, add fresh lime juice on top right before you serve it.
There are a lot of different ways to make this creamy jalapeño dip. Here are a few of my favorite variations of the base recipe. If you make any changes, let me know in the comments.
- Use pickled jalapeños. Pickled jalapeños will add a bold tanginess to the vegetable dip.
- Mix in diced green chiles. These are naturally low-carb and make the dip recipe stand out.
- Serve with chicken tenders. This is a slightly-spicy dip for Tex Mex food or chicken tenders.
- Use as a salad dressing. Drizzle it on top of your favorite Mexican food salad.
- Puree it. Use a blender or food processor to combine all the ingredients and make it extra smooth.
Here are some questions people often ask about how to make this flavorful dip. If you don't see your question in this list, please leave it in the comments.
There are 260 calories are in a serving of my copycat recipe.
This jalapeño dip is made of mayonnaise, sour cream, a jalapeño, ranch dressing seasoning, garlic, lime juice, and cilantro.
Yes, my copycat recipe is naturally gluten-free. I did not use any ingredients that contain gluten.
Store this dip in an airtight food storage container. Keep it refrigerated for up to one week.
Most tortilla chips that you buy from the store are made from corn, so they are not very keto-friendly. You should always read the ingredients and nutrition labels before buying pre-made products.
I prefer to make my own tortilla chips from keto-friendly ingredients.
If you enjoyed this Chuy's jalapeño ranch recipe, here are some more delicious dip recipes you should make next. They are perfect for parties, snacks, or anything you like to eat with a dip.
- Queso Keto Cheese Dip is extra cheesy and only has 1 gram net carbs in each serving.
- Layered Taco Dip is perfect for game days or as an appetizer for a big party.
- Keto Chocolate Chip Dip is a dessert idea that is made with full-fat cream cheese; it tastes great with fresh strawberries.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip is extra spicy and satisfying, and it will definitely fill you up.
- Hot Low-Carb Spinach Dip is cheesy goodness and tastes just like the appetizer at your favorite restaurant.
Follow us on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and INSTAGRAM for even more tasty keto-friendly recipes!
Keto Chuy’s Jalapeño Ranch Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup jalapeño finely chopped
- 1 packet ranch dressing seasoning
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice about 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl, and stir to combine well.
- Serve immediately with your choice of keto friendly items for dipping, or chill before serving if desired.
Low Carb Sweeteners | Keto Sweetener Conversion Chart
Array ( [calories] => 260 [carbohydrates] => 4 [protein] => 1 [fat] => 27 [saturated_fat] => 6 [polyunsaturated_fat] => 13 [monounsaturated_fat] => 6 [trans_fat] => 0.1 [cholesterol] => 29 [sodium] => 465 [potassium] => 52 [fiber] => 0.2 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 233 [vitamin_c] => 2 [calcium] => 33 [iron] => 0.1 )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
Leave a Reply