Enjoy a hearty, American-style meal on a low-carb diet with my complete guide on how to eat keto at Applebee's! Discover keto-friendly meals, smart substitutions, and ordering tips to perfect your meal.
When starting a ketogenic diet, it can be tricky to eat out. But going keto doesn't mean you can't enjoy your favorite restaurants – you just need to get a little creative.
And the same is true for Applebee's! You can enjoy a comforting meal from Applebee's without breaking your ketosis. In this post, I'm sharing all the possible Applebee's keto options for you to try.
Eating keto at Applebee's: The best menu items
Peruse our Applebee's keto-friendly menu! And for more information, you can find full Applebee's nutrition information here.
Applebee's keto burgers
You can enjoy a delicious burger from Applebee's – just remove the high-carb bun and fries. Swap fries for a low-carb side like broccoli, garlicky green beans, or a side salad.
And if you're really hungry, add an extra beef patty to your burger!
- Classic Bacon Cheeseburger (remove bun & fries) – 2g net carbs
- Classic Burger (remove bun & fries) – 2g net carbs
- Whiskey Bacon Burger (remove bun, crispy onions, & whiskey sauce) – 5g net carbs
- Classic Cheeseburger (remove bun & fries) – 2g net carbs
- Bacon Cheddar Grilled Chicken Sandwich (remove bun & bbq ranch sauce) – 4g net carbs
- Clubhouse Grille (remove bread & honey BBQ) – 8g net carbs
- Quesadilla Burger (remove tortilla & ranch) – 9g net carbs
Applebee's keto salads
Eat light with any of these keto-approved Applebee's salads. Just remember to remove any croutons and choose a low-carb dressing.
- Caesar Salad with Blackened Shrimp (no croutons) – 9g net carbs
- Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken (no croutons) – 7g net carbs
- Grilled Chicken Salad (no honey Dijon mustard) – 6g net carbs
- Tuscan Garden Chicken Salad – 15g net carbs
- Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing – 0g net carbs
- Caesar Salad Dressing – 2g net carbs
- Lemon Olive Oil Vinaigrette – 1g net carbs
- Mexi-Ranch Salad Dressing – 3g net carbs
- Ranch Salad Dressing – 3g net carbs
Applebee's keto entrees
These entrees are macro-friendly and super tasty. Remember to remove mashed potatoes and opt for a low-carb side dish.
- 6 oz. Top Sirloin with Steamed Broccoli (remove mashed potatoes) – 3g net carbs
- 12 oz. Ribeye with Steamed Broccoli (remove mashed potatoes) – 2g net carbs
- Blackened Cajun Salmon with Steamed Broccoli (remove potatoes) – 6g net carbs
- Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp – 8g net carbs
- Bourbon Street Steak (remove mashed potatoes) – 7g net carbs
- Double-Glazed Baby Back Ribs (remove coleslaw & fries) – 0g net carbs
- Fiesta Lime Chicken (remove rice, tortilla strips, & ranch) – 6g net carbs
- Grilled Chicken Breast with Steamed Broccoli – 4g net carbs
- Shrimp ‘N Parmesan Sirloin with Steamed Broccoli (remove mashed potatoes) – 6g net carbs
Applebee's keto sides
Top off your meal with a keto-friendly side and keep your macros in check with these low-carb menu items!
- Caesar Salad (remove croutons) – 2g net carbs
- House Salad (remove croutons): – 4g net carbs
- Garlicky Green Beans – 5g net carbs
- Homestyle Cheesy Broccoli – 5g net carbs
- Steamed Broccoli – 3g net carbs
Applebee's keto drinks
Depending on your location, there are several keto drinks available:
- Brewed Fresh Coffee – 0g net carbs
- Brewed Hot Tea – 1g net carbs
- Diet Soda (various) – 0g net carbs
- Lipton Unsweetened Iced Tea – 0g net carbs
- Minute-Maid Lemonade Light – 1g net carbs
- Sugar-Free Lemonade – 0g net carbs
- Sobe Life Flavored Water – 0g net carbs
- Brewed Iced Tea – 2g net carbs
- Bottled Water – 0g net carbs
In the mood for an adult beverage? Unfortunately, there are no low-carb alcoholic beverages on the cocktail menu. Ask your server if there is dry wine available, or enjoy a vodka soda with a squeeze of lime.
Items to avoid eating at Applebee's
When ordering at Applebee's, these are some items you should definitely steer clear of if you want to maintain your ketosis:
- Breaded items
- Burger buns
- Tortillas (and strips)
- Chicken wings
- Chicken patties
- Fried appetizers
- High-carb sides
- Mashed potatoes
- French fries
- Sugary salad dressings
- Sugary drinks, cocktails, and desserts
Tips for eating keto at Applebee's
Ready to order? Here are a few tips to remember when ordering keto at Applebee's:
1. Make smart substitutions
You can enjoy several of Applebee's menu items if you make the right swaps.
Remember to swap out your burger bun, opt for a low-carb dressing, and choose keto-approved side dishes like garlicky green beans (no french fries, please!).
2. Focus on the protein
Protein is your friend at Applebee's! Choose a yummy protein-focused meal to keep you full and satisfied, even without the high-carb extras.
3. Add high-fat extras
The keto diet prioritizes high-fat content. So, when you're ordering, opt for high-fat extras like cheddar cheese, bacon, or an extra patty on your burger.
Here are a couple of answers to the most frequently asked questions about eating keto at Applebee's. If you don't see your question in this list, please leave it for me in the comments.
Applebee's wings are not keto. Both the boneless and double crunch bone-in wings are breaded in high-carb flour and smothered in sugary sauce.
The macros for the plain boneless wings include 31 grams of fat, 40 grams of protein, and 50 grams of total carbs. And the sauce alone adds another 50 grams of carbs!
While Applebees doesn't technically have a lettuce wrap on their menu, you can always ask for an extra piece of lettuce to create a lettuce-wrapped burger – DIY style!
If you like this post, check these out!
If reading all about eating keto at Applebee's has you craving classic American fare, here are some low-carb recipes you can make at home!
- Keto Southwest Chicken Salad is the perfect low-carb lunch made with homemade ranch dressing.
- Baby Kale Salad With Avocado is fresh, tasty, and full of healthy fats. Include a grilled shrimp skewer for bonus protein!
- Keto Chimichurri Flank Steak is low-carb, high-protein, and has an amazing herby sauce.
- Air Fryer Hamburgers are easy to prep and can be dressed up just how you like them!
- Keto Short Ribs are incredibly tender and bursting with flavor.