A cheesy pulled pork mac and cheese is sure to be a winning dinner with the family. And, it’s a quick low carb recipe that repurposes leftovers from a previous meal!
Although I thought about creating a new low carb casserole recipe, I chose to keep the oven off. Instead, I heated everything in a skillet right on the stove!
What I came up with is an easy keto mac and cheese that adds in pulled pork to make a filling meal. Of course, there really isn’t any macaroni in the mix.
Ingredients Needed For Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
This is such a simple recipe to put together. All of the ingredients are listed out in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, here is a bit more information about what I used to make this cheesy dish.
Instead of using carb-filled pasta, I decided to cut up a whole head of cauliflower into florets. Make sure to keep them bite-sized so they are easier to eat.
I had recently made a batch of my favorite pulled pork recipe to make pulled pork sandwiches and had some leftover.
So that is what I used!
Next, I used my keto cheese dipping sauce on top of it. This is made with:
- Heavy cream
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Dijon mustard
I added some mozzarella cheese to it to make it even cheesier!
For the crunchy topping, I added some crushed pork rinds. You can season it however you want but, I used black pepper and fresh parsley. I can see this tasting delicious with some garlic powder and paprika too!
Please note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low carb recipe.
- Want more of a bbq flavor? If you want this to have more of a BBQ flavor, add a few dashes of liquid smoke to the pulled pork when you heat it up. You can also toss the pork in some homemade BBQ sauce!
- The pork rinds are optional. Not everyone enjoys crunchy toppings on their mac and cheese, so it is perfectly acceptable to leave them out.
- To save yourself time, use a steamable bag of frozen cauliflower. Let them cool off quite a bit and then use a paper towel to remove a bunch of the moisture.
- Use precut cauliflower. You can also pre-cut the florets ahead of time and store them in your refrigerator in a resealable plastic storage bag or an airtight container with a lid.
How To Make Keto Pulled Pork Mac And Cheese
Skip on down to the recipe card to read the entire recipe. But first, I have a few photos and tips to share.
Blanch The Cauliflower
Blanching the cauliflower is a quick way to make the cauliflower florets have the best texture. All you do is drop the cauliflower into boiling water and let them boil for about 2 minutes while you cover the pot with a lid.
Then, immediately transfer the cauliflower to a bowl of ice water. This helps stop the cauliflower from cooking.
After 5 minutes, shake off excess water from the cauliflower and put them on a plate.
Add The Pulled Pork And Cheese
When everything is heated up and ready, add the cheese sauce on top of the cauliflower florets.
Sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese and top with the low-carb pulled pork and pork rinds.
What To Serve With Pulled Pork Mac And Cheese
Even if I wasn’t on the keto diet, a plate of pulled pork mac and cheese is an entire meal. You don’t really have to serve very many other sides with it for it to be a filling dinner.
Frequently Asked Questions About Low-Carb Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
Here are some questions people often ask about low-carb pulled pork mac and cheese.
What low-carb noodles can I use instead of cauliflower?
I just haven’t had much luck with the low carb macaroni products. Many are high fiber so there’s a lot of total carbs.
The best macaroni-like product I’ve tried is made by ThinSlim Foods. I use it in my low carb macaroni and cheese recipe!
Can I use a different type of meat instead of pulled pork?
Yes, you can use a few different types of meat if you want!
The pork really ups the flavor of the dish. A lot of people also like to add bacon to their mac and cheese. Ham works well too!
To be honest, you can add any kind of meat you like. Here in Southern New England, lobster mac and cheese is also very popular.
Feel free to change things up depending on the leftover meat that you have on hand. I just happened to have a ton of pulled pork!
You just have to try this recipe. The pork rinds on top give the most delightful crunch and the pork and cheese really compliment each other perfectly. You won’t believe how amazing this tastes!
More Low-Carb Pork Recipes
If you enjoyed this low-carb pulled pork mac and cheese recipe, you will love these keto pork recipes too. They are so easy and filling!
- Fried Cabbage And Sausage Recipe can be made in just a few minutes and is perfect to make for an entire family.
- Boneless Pork Ribs can be made right in your oven and this recipe shows you how to do it step by step.
- BLT Low-Carb cheese Wraps are a fantastically low-carb lunch idea that uses fresh ingredients.
- Sausage Egg Roll In A Bowl tastes just like an egg roll without the wrapper.
- Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops are covered in a creamy mushroom gravy that is unforgettable.
Keto Mac and Cheese with Pulled Pork
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- Blanch cauliflower. Slowly drop cauliflower florets in boiling water. Allow to boil for 1 to 2 minutes, covered. Immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water. Shake off excess water after 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- If Low Carb Pulled Pork was refrigerated, reheat in a skillet with olive oil over low heat.
- In a large skillet or saucepan over low heat, combine all ingredients of Creamy Cheese Sauce. Once the sauce is ready, add grated mozzarella cheese and cauliflower. Sprinkle ground black (or white) pepper. Combine ingredients.
- Once mozzarella has melted, add 1 and ¼ cups of Low Carb Pulled Pork. Mix well. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with pork rinds, add the remaining pulled pork and garnish with fresh parsley.
Array ( [calories] => 221 [carbohydrates] => 8 [protein] => 14 [fat] => 15 [saturated_fat] => 4 [cholesterol] => 36 [sodium] => 521 [potassium] => 428 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 3 [vitamin_a] => 330 [vitamin_c] => 48.1 [calcium] => 127 [iron] => 0.7 )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
Updated on February 16, 2021, with new images and additional recipe information. First published on February 12, 2018.