It's so easy to make air fryer hamburgers - and it's less greasy and healthier for you too. This recipe will help you cook up some juicy hamburgers in minutes!
Burgers of any kind are always big crowd-pleasers - even vegetarians love a good bean burger!
Whenever you are planning a menu for a party or for your family's weekly meals, you just can't go wrong with burgers.
There are tons of ways to cook burgers too. My least favorite is pan-frying. Sure, it might be quick and convenient, but it sure makes a greasy mess. Then the burgers are greasy too!
Personally, I have two ways of cooking burgers.
- Grilling is my favorite way to make hamburgers. I love the smell of the grill as the burgers and veggies cook. Just thinking about it makes me drool!
- When I can't grill, I love to cook my burgers in the air fryer. Making them this way produces a lot less grease and makes clean-up a cinch too!
You'll end up with a quality restaurant burger, right at home.
Why you'll love it
Using an air fryer is absolutely amazing! You can cook so many recipes in half the time with minimal clean up.
This hamburger air fryer recipe makes juicy burgers that you are going to love.
If you are in the mood for tasty hamburgers but don't want to go through all the mess of pan-frying them, then this air fryer hamburger recipe is perfect for you!
Using an air fryer helps to cook food quickly and with less grease. It all drains below the air fryer basket - I love it!
There is literally one of the easiest recipes for making burgers. Here's what you need...
Lean ground beef
The only ingredient for these air fryer hamburgers is high-quality, grass-fed ground beef. It is important to buy ground beef from a respected grocery store or butcher.
If you don't want to make your own burger patties, you can use frozen hamburger patties. Just make sure they are made with only protein and no fillers.
You can also make burger patties out of ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground venison. These other choices have less saturated fat, so they might be a better option for some people.
The best way to have a super tasty burger is if you add seasoning. All you need is a little salt and pepper. However, sometimes I like to add my own homemade hamburger seasoning mix!
Please note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low-carb recipe.
- Don't overcrowd the basket. Only cook 2 or 3 patties in the air fryer at one time.
- Use a meat thermometer. Air fryer hamburgers are fully cooked when they reach an internal temperature of 160F.
- Air fryers smoke, that's normal. If the smoke worries you, add a little water to the basket, it will lessen the smoke that comes out.
- Clean the air fryer after you use it including the bottom under the removable basket. This is where the grease and crumbs collect.
It's so easy cooking air fryer burgers! All the exact steps are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
First, here are some photos and extra tips for making your own burgers.
The very first step is to divide the beef into even parts. Then, form the burgers.
Make sure they are all the same size and thickness so that they cook evenly. Season them with a hamburger seasoning blend.
Next, spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray and place the burger patty inside. Cook them until they are done to your liking.
Check internal temperature
Air fryer hamburgers need to be cooked to an internal temperature of 160F. When they reach this temperature, they are ready to eat!
The cook time is generally the same for all air fryers - cook hamburgers for 8-10 minutes. However, the time will be a little longer if you use frozen burgers instead of fresh.
Add optional cheese
If you like melted cheese on your burgers, add cheese slices after the hamburgers are cooked to your liking.
Just top the patties with your favorite kind of cheese slices and air fry until melted.
️ Serving suggestions
Now that you have some juicy air fryer hamburgers, it's time to finish putting them together and enjoy!
No more trying to use a piece of lettuce (although I still love a good lettuce wrap sometimes). They are the tastiest hamburger buns too!
Now, what are some of your favorite sides with homemade burgers?
Finally, make some cauliflower potato salad. It is just as creamy and tangy as classic potato salad, but with a lot fewer carbs!
Before we get to the printable recipe card, here are some questions people often ask about how to make air fryer burgers.
I like to use a combination of onion powder and garlic powder. You can also add a dash of keto Worcestershire sauce to the burgers for the juiciest hamburgers you ever had.
You can also use ground pepper and seasoned salt.
The difference is which part of the animal the meat came from. Ground chuck is processed from the beef shoulders. Ground beef is actually made from the leftover pieces after cutting the beef into steaks.
Ground chuck comes from one specific place, but ground beef comes from multiple places.
It's very important to form uniformly flat patties. There are kitchen tools out there that can form the patties for you - which can speed up the process too.
If one burger is getting burned and one is still medium-rare, then maybe look at how thick they are. They might not be the same size.
I have used foil in my without issues, but you need to consult your air fryer's user manual to really know the answer. Not all air fryers are the exact same.
Cooking air fryer hamburgers with frozen patties is about the same time - maybe a little longer. Just check the internal temperature after 10 minutes.
If you enjoyed these air fryer hamburgers, here are some more keto air fryer recipes you should make next! They are some of my favorite delicious recipes - and I'm sure you'll agree!
- Keto Air Fryer Pork Chops are crispy on the outside and incredibly juciy on the inside.
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are fun to serve at parties or eat for a flavorful lunch.
- Chicken Quesadillas in the Air Fryer are a budget-friendly lunch, especially when you make them with canned chicken.
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken recipe shows you exactly how to cook an entire chicken in the air fryer - it's easier than you might think!
- Keto Air Fryer Fried Pickles are a super-fun and crispy snack and the best party appetizer too!
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- seasonings optional
- Lightly oil your air fryer basket. Preheat air fryer to 360°F.
- Divide ground beef into four equal sections and form each section into a patty. Season patties with hamburger seasoning, if desired.
- Add the burgers to the preheated air fryer basket.
- Cook burgers for 8 to 10 minutes. Flip them and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until they reach the desired doneness. Remove the patties from the air fryer.
Array ( [calories] => 288 [protein] => 19 [fat] => 23 [saturated_fat] => 9 [polyunsaturated_fat] => 1 [monounsaturated_fat] => 10 [trans_fat] => 1 [cholesterol] => 81 [sodium] => 76 [potassium] => 306 [calcium] => 20 [iron] => 2 )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.