If you want a fast and simple recipe to make, these air fryer quesadillas are delicious and low-carb! You can quickly throw together a yummy Mexican-inspired meal in no time at all. All you need are 6 ingredients!
If you couldn't really tell, my family and I LOVE Mexican food. Everything from low carb taco soup to shrimp fajitas, we are constantly on the look out for new recipes.
Now, my kids are no strangers when it comes to Mexican cheese quesadillas. in fact, it's my daughter's favorite! And I can see why. Quesadillas are cheesy, make excellent finger foods, and are kid-friendly!
Dinner is so much easier when it's kid-approved.
Now that I am starting to use my air fryer for more dinner recipes (like this whole rotisserie chicken), I decided to try whipping you a few quesadillas in there. I have to say- they were great!
These quesadillas are delicious all on their own or can be paired with Mexican cauliflower rice or a tasty dipping sauce. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a delicious and filling low-carb meal for the whole family to enjoy!
Ingredients Needed to Make Air Fryer Quesadillas
This is a very simple recipe and can be made when you only have a limited amount of time to cook. It is fast, simple, delicious, and satisfying for when you need a quick meal.
Here's what you need:
Low-carb tortillas are an important part of this recipe as they literally hold everything together! They create the shell that holds all of the delicious fillings and makes it easy to eat.
You can buy your favorite keto brand at the store or you can make them yourself with this tortilla recipe!
Pre-cooked chicken is the protein of this recipe and makes these air fryer quesadillas extra delicious and filling. Having prepped chicken significantly cuts down on the prep time for this recipe.
You can either make some shredded chicken in the crockpot or cook a whole chicken in the Instant Pot and shred it yourself.
Mexican Shredded Cheese
Mexican shredded cheese not only adds that delicious cheesy addition to these air fryer chicken quesadillas. The Mexican cheese also adds a punch of flavor from the Mexican spices.
Peppers + Onions
Onions are one of those vegetables that only ever make dishes taste even better. Onions add additional flavor and some texture to these quesadillas.
Bell pepper pairs perfectly with Mexican-inspired dishes and adds a bunch of fresh flavor to these air fryer quesadillas! It's always good to have some extra veggies as well!
Taco seasoning takes these quesadillas just a step more forward and gives them that extra zing of flavor! This seasoning pulls all of the other flavors together to create a mouth-watering dish.
If you buy a packaged seasoning, double-check for any added sugars. You can also try and make your own!
Please note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low-carb recipe.
- For extra gooey and delicious quesadillas, you can add extra cheese or even a variety of other complimentary cheeses.
- If you don't have pre-cooked chicken on hand, ground turkey or beef will work just as well.
- For spicy quesadillas, you can add some chopped jalapeños or some chili powder.
- If you are cooking for picky children, you could make these quesadillas even more kid-friendly by filling them with just cheese.
How To Make Chicken Quesadillas In the Air Fryer
This air fryer chicken quesadilla recipe is extremely easy to make and only takes a few minutes of prep work. Here are a few step by step photos to show you how I make them!
Saute The Vegetables
Preheat the air fryer to 400F and war up a pan on the stove with the olive oil. Dice up your onion and bell pepper and saute until everything is crisp and tender.
Add the chicken to the pan and saute for an additional minute or so.
Assemble The Quesadillas
Place a tortilla in the air fryer and put some of the filling on top, then add cheese before placing another tortilla on top. This creates a kind of sandwich to hold all of the filling in.
"Fry" and Serve!
Air fry for 6 to 8 minutes until the quesadilla is nice and crispy. If you want both sides crispy, you can flip the quesadilla halfway through the cooking time.
Continue to repeat this process until you have enough quesadillas or have run out of filling.
Top with your favorite toppings such as sour cream or green onions, and serve hot!
What To Serve with Air Fried Chicken Quesadillas
These quesadillas in the air fryer are a delicious meal all on their own or make a great side dish!
You could serve them alongside this 4-ingredient keto Mexican chicken soup or this Mexican Zucchini and beef skillet. They would also be delicious if served with a side of this refreshing low-carb salsa recipe!
Frequently Asked Questions About Quesadillas in the Air Fryer
Before we head on to the recipe card, here are a few questions frequently asked about this recipe.
Can I make quesadillas without meat?
Yes, you can replace the meat in this recipe with vegetables like avocado, tomatoes, cauliflower, and more bell peppers. The sky's the limit!
You will want to cook the extra veggies with the onions and bell peppers to get them nice and tender.
How long will these last in the fridge?
These quesadillas can last up to 3 days if stored in the fridge. You can either reheat them in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.
They are even good cold!
Can I freeze low-carb quesadillas?
You can freeze quesadillas for up to 4 months, but they are best eaten around 2 months for the best quality.
All you have to do is cook them and freeze them on a baking tray before transferring them to an airtight container.
These chicken quesadillas are a tasty and quick meal that you can quickly whip up with your air fryer. They make wonderful lunches to go and can easily be reheated if you have leftovers.
Other Recipes to Try
If you loved these air fryer quesadillas, here are some more easy recipes to try!
- Keto Air Fried Chicken - Perfectly moist and tender chicken, cooked in the air fryer or the oven.
- Air Fryer Pork Chops - These Kansas Farm food tour-inspired pork chops are made with keto-friendly breading.
- Air Fryer Wings in Buffalo Sauce - Flavorful chicken wings that can be made in under 35 minutes!
- Keto Pepperoni Chips - These zero-carb snacks can be made in the microwave, oven, or air fryer.
- Easy Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice - This light but flavorful cauliflower rice is the perfect side to any keto Mexican meal!
Follow us on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and INSTAGRAM for even more tasty keto-friendly recipes!
Air Fryer Quesadillas
- 8 low carb tortillas
- 12 ounces pre-cooked chicken breast chopped
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- ½ onion sliced
- ½ red bell pepper sliced
- green onions sliced for optional garnish
- sour cream optional garnish
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and peppers to the heated skillet and saute until crisp tender.
- Stir the chicken into the skillet along with the taco seasoning. Stir to combine, and saute another minute.
- Place a tortilla on a rack in the air fryer.
- Fill the top of the tortilla with ¼ of the filling mixture.
- Top the filling with ¼ of the cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top of the filling and air fry for 6-8 minutes until crispy. You can flip the tortilla halfway through frying to get both sides good and crispy if desired.
- Repeat steps 5-8 until you have made four quesadillas.
- Serve the quesadillas garnished with green onions and sour cream if desired.
Low Carb Sweeteners | Keto Sweetener Conversion Chart
Array ( [serving_unit] => quesadilla [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 388 [carbohydrates] => 4 [protein] => 40 [fat] => 23 [saturated_fat] => 11 [polyunsaturated_fat] => 2 [monounsaturated_fat] => 8 [cholesterol] => 125 [sodium] => 471 [potassium] => 317 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 2 [vitamin_a] => 858 [vitamin_c] => 20 [calcium] => 389 [iron] => 1 )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
Sorry just saw this now will be making this and the wraps soon can i use mushrooms and vegan cheese as am a vegan can i skip red bell pepper as am not a big fan of it can i use oven as i dont have an air fryer at home i never had mexican food and quesadillas before perfect for my after office meals will dm you if i make this and the wraps and let you know how it goes Thanks Ramya
You can use an oven or a skillet instead of air frying.
i just got an air fryer last sat cant wait to try this in my new air fryer
I’m interested in getting on your mailing list