Preorder my 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook featuring over 120 simple recipes and get over 45 bonus recipes to use NOW!
A simple ginger pork stir fry recipe for an easy keto meal in less than 30 minutes. This Chinese inspired dish combines thin strips of tenderloin meat with vegetables in a garlic and ginger seasoned sauce.
Many pork stir fry dishes contain unnecessary carbs and sugar. A typical Chinese stir fry adds cornstarch to tenderize the meat and thicken the sauce. And sometimes, sugar is added to sweeten the dish.
So if you’re cutting carbs on a keto diet, you’ll want to stay away from the Chinese restaurant versions. But the good thing is that making a stir fry pork at home is quick and easy.
What cut of pork to use
The best cut to use is pork tenderloin, but boneless pork chops and ground pork can also be used.
How to cut pork tenderloin for stir fry
Thin meat strips can be made by cutting the tenderloin crosswise into thin cuts then cutting each piece in half.
Tenderizing the meat before stir frying
Baking soda can be used to tenderize the meat before using. Dissolve about 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a half cup of water and allow the sliced meat to soak in it for at least 15 minutes. Then rinse the meat before cooking.
How to make pork stir fry
- Cook pork strips over medium high heat in large skillet until brown, about 1-2 minutes. Then transfer onto a plate.
- Sauté garlic and then add in bok choy and broccoli.
- Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp tender. To speed up the cooking, a cover can be used to steam the vegetables.
- Return pork slices to pan, add in coconut aminos or gluten-free soy sauce (tamari) and cook until vegetables are at the desired tenderness.
Making a stir fry from leftovers
If you have leftover meat, just slice into strips and add into the pan after cooking the vegetables until the meat is heated throughout. A few meats to try are pork roast, beef steaks, and chicken.
In addition to changing up the meat, try the following vegetables in addition to or in place of the broccoli and bok choy in this easy pork broccoli stir fry:
- Cut green or red bell pepper into strips
- Zucchini cut into half moon slices
- Shredded brussels sprouts
- Green beans sliced into bite sized pieces
Other low carb stir fry recipes
For quick and easy dinners, you’ll want to try some other simple stir fry meals.
- With only 5 simple ingredients, this ginger chicken stir fry is sure to become a regular meal idea.
- A classic keto cabbage and bacon is a quick skillet meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes.
- If you love Chinese cabbage, give this chicken bok choy stir fry is sure to be a hit.
- A simple low carb beef stir fry is a great way to repurpose leftover steak.
- This chicken green bean stir fry adds in tomato and thyme for something a little different.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or other cooking oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound bok choy
- 10 ounces broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari
- Cook pork in 1 tablespoon oil until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over high heat. Add garlic and sauté quickly, about half a minute. Add bok choy and broccoli. Continue to stir and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Cover for 1 to 2 minutes to steam the vegetables.
- Add pork back to pan. Stir in ginger and coconut aminos. Continue to stir occasionally until vegetables are at the desired tenderness.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.