Red Robin is known for its casual American grub, juicy burgers, and crispy appetizers. And with a few ordering tips, you can easily enjoy a Red Robin keto meal! Dive into the best keto options that Red Robin has to offer – with low-carb substitutions, ordering tips, and listed net carbs.
Eating out on a keto diet doesn't need to be stressful; with some basic ordering tips, you can enjoy a low-carb meal just about anywhere.
And this is true at Red Robin!
With tasty burger combinations, low-carb salads, and high-fat toppings, Red Robin has keto-approved meals with favorable macronutrients.
In this post, I'm sharing the very best keto options for you to try. I've also included ordering tips, macro-friendly substitutions, and carb counts for your convenience.
Note: Looking for more keto restaurant options? I have lots of tips for eating keto on the go, including how to eat fast food at Shake Shack, Jimmy John's, Five Guys, and Chick Fil A!
Red Robin keto menu
On your next visit to Red Robin, make sure to consult my ultimate keto menu! I've listed every low-carb option that Red Robin offers, including any necessary substitutions.
And, for full menus, allergens, and nutritional information, visit the Red Robin website here.
Burgers and sandwiches
One of the best meals you can enjoy at Red Robin on a ketogenic diet is a burger or sandwich.
To order a keto version, simply ask to remove the bun or bread. You can have your meal in a lettuce wrap or a bowl.
Remember to skip the side of fries as well!
And, if the net carbs are too high for your goals, just ask to remove the sauce.
- Guacamole bacon burger – 5g net carbs
- Royal red robin burger – 5g net carbs
- Bacon cheeseburger – 5g net carbs
- Smoke and pepper burger – 5g net carbs
- Black and bleu burger – 7g net carbs
- Red Robin gourmet cheeseburger – 11g net carbs
- Wedge burger – 13g net carbs
- Impossible cheeseburger – 15g net carbs
- Monster burger – 14g net carbs
- Simply grilled chicken burger – 2g net carbs
- California chicken burger – 2g net carbs
- Grilled turkey sandwich – 1g net carbs
- BLTA croissant – 4g net carbs
Build your own burger
If the pre-set burger options don't entice you, make your perfect creation! You can build your own burger with your favorite protein source, toppings, and sauce.
Here are the steps:
1. Select your base
While a bun isn't suitable for a keto diet, you can eat a bunless burger at Red Robin. Choose between:
- Lettuce wrap
2. Choose your meat
Then, choose a low-carb meat for your burger. You can even double up with two patties.
- Gourmet burger patty – 0g net carbs
- Grilled chicken patty – 0g net carbs
- Salmon fillet – 2g net carbs
- Turkey patty – 2g net carbs
- Tavern patty – 0g net carbs
3. Add cheese
Next, add some cheese for additional flavor and fat content.
- American cheese – 2g net carbs
- Bleu cheese – 2g net carbs
- Cheddar cheese – 0g net carbs
- Pepper-jack cheese – 0g net carbs
- Provolone cheese – 0g net carbs
- Swiss cheese – 0g net carbs
4. Include low-carb toppings
To best customize your burger, choose from any of these low-carb topping options. I recommend that you try a fried egg or bacon.
- Bacon – 0g net carbs
- Bacon bits – 3g net carbs
- Cucumber slices – 0g net carbs
- Fried egg – 0g net carbs
- Green chile – 2g net carbs
- Pickle slices – 2g net carbs
- Red onions – 3g net carbs
- Sauteed onions – 2g net carbs
- Tomato – 1g net carbs
5. Add your sauce
Top your burger off with a low-carb sauce. Want a lower net carb count? Skip this step.
- Buzzard sauce – 2g net carbs
- Fresh salsa – 3g net carbs
- Mayonnaise – 3g net carbs
- Ranch – 4g net carbs
Red Robin low-carb entrees
Want something other than a burger? No problem!
These entrees are filling, whole-food based, and really tasty. When choosing a side dish, remember to opt for low-carb options like steamed broccoli or a side house salad.
- Ensenada chicken platter – 14g net carbs
- Sear-ious salmon – 9g net carbs
Red Robin keto salads
For a nutritious choice, try a Red Robin keto salad.
- Avo-cobb-o salad – 16g net carbs
- Caesar salad – 6g net carbs
- House salad – 7g net carbs
- Simply grilled chicken salad – 13g net carbs
- Mighty Caesar salad – 13g net carbs
And, as a bonus, Red Robin offers a keto soup!
- French onion soup – 12g net carbs
Red Robin keto beverages
Finish off your meal with a keto-approved beverage. Ensure you're picking a low-carb option without added sugars.
- Coke Zero – 0g net carbs
- Diet Coke – 0g net carbs
- Diet Dr. Pepper – 0g net carbs
- Flavored sparkling water – 0g net carbs
- Unsweetened iced tea – 0g net carbs
Keto alcoholic beverages at Red Robin
If you want to indulge in an alcoholic beverage, these are the lowest-carb options that Red Robin offers:
- Blackstone Merlot – 0g net carbs
- Clos du Bois Cabernet Sauvignon – 2g net carbs
- Jacob’s Creek Chardonnay – 0g net carbs
- Jacob’s Creek Shiraz – 0g net carbs
- Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc – 0g net carbs
- MGD 64 – 2g net carbs
- Sam Adams The Wicked Easy – 2g net carbs
- Truly Wild Berry Hard Seltzer – 2g net carbs
- The Naked Grape Merlot – 0g net carbs
- Woodbridge Cabernet Sauvignon – 0g net carbs
Red Robin menu items to avoid
While you can definitely enjoy a full meal at Red Robin, the majority of their menu is filled with carbohydrate-heavy foods that would blow your ketosis.
Here are the Red Robin menu items that you should avoid:
- Buns, sandwich bread, wraps, garlic toast
- Fried appetizers like onion rings, chicken wings, fried pickles, and fries
- Items with crispy chicken breast
- High-carb salads, sandwiches, and burgers
- Breaded toppings like tortilla strips
- Pretzel bites
- Desserts and milkshakes
- Fish & chips
- All desserts and shakes
- Sugary beverages
How to order keto at Red Robin
Ready to order your keto meal at Red Robin? Here are a few guiding tips:
1. Remove the bun
When choosing a burger or sandwich, always ask to remove the bun; you can then choose a bowl or lettuce wrap.
For example, order a grilled chicken breast, lettuce wrapped; this style is also called a "wedgie burger."
2. Beware high-carb sauces
Some sauces have sneaky added sugars, which contribute to an overall high carb count. For example, while the roasted garlic aioli seems like a keto-friendly option, it actually contains a significantly higher carb count than mayonnaise or ranch.
Make sure to choose a sauce from my pre-approved list.
3. Add low-carb, high-fat toppings
For the best keto macros, add high-fat toppings to the meal of your choice, like bleu cheese crumbles, bacon, avocado, and mayonnaise.
4. Beware the sides
Bad news – there are very few Red Robin keto sides available to enjoy.
Though tasty, Red Robin's fried appetizers have astronomical carb counts.
Avoid all fried, battered side dishes, and instead, opt for steamed broccoli or a side house salad.
Here are a few answers to the most frequently asked questions about Red Robin keto options. If you don't see your question in this list, please leave it for me in the comments.
Red Robin has several keto-friendly meals. Enjoy a bunless burger, a low-carb salad, or a salmon entree, all without breaking your ketosis.
For a lettuce-wrapped "wedgie burger," the carb count depends on your protein of choice. For a traditional gourmet burger patty, this burger will have 0g net carbs.
Your toppings of choice will also affect your overall carb count. Fried egg and bacon are both net carb-free topping choices.
Red Robin does offer lettuce wraps! They call this option a "wedgie burger."
A single, gourmet burger patty without a bun contains 290 calories; this is without any added sauces or toppings.
Pre-set bunless burgers range in calories, with the lowest calorie option being the Impossible Cheeseburger (no bun) at 510 calories.
Unfortunately, Red Robin wings are battered with wheat flour, making them high in carbohydrates.
In other words, they're not a keto-friendly choice.
If you like this restaurant, try these!
If these Red Robin keto options have you craving classic American fare, here are some low-carb recipes you can make at home! All of them will effectively replace anything you can order at the chain.
- Keto Jicama Fries are the perfect French fry alternative for that great crunchy taste without the high carb count. Add them to the side of your favorite keto burger.
- Air Fryer Hamburgers is a healthier, less greasy version of a Red Robin burger. Plus, you can enjoy them with a keto-friendly bun!
- Keto Cheese Sauce is an incredible addition to any low-carb veggie side dish. Add this creamy cheese sauce to steamed broccoli, roasted turnips, and more.
- Buttery Chili Lime Wings are a keto-friendly appetizer you'll want to make again and again. Add them to your game-day rotation.
- Keto French Onion Soup is even tastier than the Red Robin version – made with classic gruyere cheese, white wine, and low-carb garlic toast croutons.
Follow us on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and INSTAGRAM for even more tasty keto-friendly recipes!
Leave a Reply