Whip up this delicious whipped ricotta dip recipe, made with creamy ricotta cheese, Greek yogurt, and fresh lemon juice. It's the perfect pairing for low-carb crackers, veggie sticks, tortilla chips....or just by the spoonful!
Why you’ll love this whipped ricotta dip recipe
- Full of good fats: This creamy whipped ricotta dip is made with high-fat ingredients like ricotta cheese, Greek yogurt, and olive oil.
- Amazing texture: This dip has a silky smooth consistency.
- Incredibly easy to make: In fact, it really only takes a single step!
- Packed with flavor: Thanks to tasty herbs, garlic, and lemon juice, give this ricotta cheese dip an extra fresh zing. Plus, fresh thyme gives this recipe a complex, herby feature.
- Perfect for snacking: It pairs well with any of your favorite dippables.
- Made with fresh, low-carb ingredients: This dip makes an amazing keto snack!
Each ingredient in this dip is low-carb and super flavorful.
The base of this rich and creamy dip is part-skim or whole milk ricotta cheese.
For a lower carb count, I suggest opting for whole milk ricotta, though both options fit a keto diet.
For an extra creamy texture and a helpful boost of protein, this recipe calls for full-fat Greek yogurt.
Extra virgin olive oil adds even more fat content and yummy flavor to this dip.
A clove of garlic adds a powerful punch to the flavor of this dip. As you won't be cooking this garlic, I suggest you restrain yourself to a single clove!
I use lemon juice for a bit of acidity and brightness in this dish. The bright citrus notes perfectly complement fresh herbs.
To highlight all of these quality ingredients, I use a tasty seasoning combination of Italian seasoning, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper.
While dried seasonings can taste great, there's nothing quite like fresh herbs. Fresh thyme is added to the dip and also as a fragrant garnish.
- Blend your ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender rather than with a whisk or hand mixer for the smoothest texture possible!
- Taste and season as you mix to fit your ideal taste preferences.
- Make this dip ahead of time and store it in the fridge for easy serving.
How to make whipped ricotta dip
Making this whipped ricotta dip couldn't be easier! Here's how to do it:
Step 1: Blend ingredients
Begin by adding all of your ingredients, including ricotta cheese, full-fat Greek yogurt, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic, dried thyme, and lemon juice to a blender.
Blend it up until the consistency is silky smooth!
Note: If you don't have a blender or food processor, you can always hand whip this dip with a whisk or hand mixer. Just note that your texture won't be quite as smooth.
Step 2: Adjust and season
Once your dip is well combined, this is a good place to taste and adjust your seasonings.
Stir in fresh thyme and add more seasoning as needed.
Step 3: Garnish and serve whipped ricotta dip
Once your mixture is perfectly seasoned, transfer the whipped ricotta dip to a serving bowl and add some yummy toppings!
I like to top my dip with a few sprigs of fresh thyme and a healthy drizzle of olive oil.
How to serve whipped ricotta dip
I recommend that you serve whipped ricotta dip with a platter of low-carb veggies like broccoli florets, cucumber slices, and bell pepper strips for a healthy snack.
Whipped ricotta dip variations
While I LOVE this whipped ricotta dip as is, there are tons of ways to experiment with this dish and make new flavor combinations.
- Adjust the seasonings: To suit your preference, add more salt, pepper, herbs, or spices. A bit of cayenne pepper will add great heat!
- Add an extra lemony zing: Shave a bit of lemon zest into your ingredients before blending.
- Make a decadent herbed whipped ricotta dip: Add fresh herbs to your mixture before blending. Any herb will do! A few of my favorites include fresh basil, parsley, and thyme.
These are the questions I get the most about my whipped ricotta dip recipe. If you don't see your question here, please leave it for me in the comments below.
When properly prepared, whipped ricotta should be super smooth and creamy – no grainy texture!
Here are a few tips to prevent grainy ricotta dip:
-Use fresh, high-quality ricotta.
-The sooner you serve your whipped ricotta dip, the better the texture will be.
-Using a food processor or blender will achieve a smooth texture.
-A bit of liquid like olive oil, Greek yogurt, or lemon juice can improve the texture.
Ricotta cheese is a low-carb, keto-friendly food. There are about 2 grams of net carbs in ¼ cup serving of whole milk ricotta. For part-skim ricotta cheese, there is approximately 3 grams of net carbs per ¼ cup.
It sure is! I recommend that you enjoy ricotta cheese in moderation on a keto diet, showing a preference for whole-milk ricotta over part-skim.
The lower the net carbs and the higher the fat content, the better!
Like this whipped ricotta dip recipe? Try these!
Want to round off your party platter with a smattering of keto-friendly dips? You've come to the right place! Try any of these delicious keto dips:
- Creamy Avocado Sauce is amazing as a chip dip or as a sandwich spread. Lime juice and cilantro make this recipe super bright and citrusy.
- Keto Cheese Sauce makes a yummy dip for tortilla chips. Bonus – it's just as delicious drizzled on tacos or steamed broccoli.
- Chocolate Chip Dip with Cream Cheese is incredibly rich and creamy, made with sugar-free chocolate chips and caramel syrup.
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip requires just seven ingredients for a cheesy, spicy masterpiece!
- Dill Veggie Dip with Cream Cheese is the perfect pairing to fresh-chopped vegetables.
Whipped Ricotta Dip
- 1 cup ricotta cheese whole milk or part-skim
- ½ cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (plus extra for garnish)
- In a blender, combine the ricotta cheese, full-fat Greek yogurt, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and dry thyme. Blend until smooth!
- Then, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. Note that this will give the dip much texture.
- Transfer the whipped ricotta dip to a serving bowl. You can garnish the top with additional fresh thyme and extra olive oil for added flavor and presentation.
- Serve the dip with your choice of keto-friendly chips, keto bread, or sliced vegetables. It pairs well with cucumber slices, bell pepper strips, or almond flour crackers.
- You can adjust the seasonings to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to add more herbs or spices for extra flavor.
- For a smoother texture, you can blend the ingredients in a food processor instead of using a hand mixer or whisk.
- This dip can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It will stay fresh for a few days.
Array ( [calories] => 113 [carbohydrates] => 4 [protein] => 7 [fat] => 8 [saturated_fat] => 3 [polyunsaturated_fat] => 1 [monounsaturated_fat] => 4 [trans_fat] => 0.002 [cholesterol] => 14 [sodium] => 155 [potassium] => 97 [fiber] => 0.4 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 229 [vitamin_c] => 4 [calcium] => 147 [iron] => 1 )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.